PDA

View Full Version : Completely Dumbfounded....

l Maximus l
11-25-2003, 02:12 AM
Okay, dewds...check this:

I went over to my brother-in-law's house...and his kid (my nephew) works for a game retailer. He won a copy of Amped 2 in a contest but already had the game. As a very kind gesture, my nephew gave Amped 2 to me for free.

But, here's the kicker: I brought the game home...all pumped up and stuff, right? But, when I shoved the game in, all I get is audio and no video! (for those that don't know, all I get is sound, not picture).

This all happened yesterday....but, today, got another copy of Amped 2 from my other brother-in-law...he works for Microsoft and picked up the game for me for $20 (I asked him if he would when the MS store got it in). And get this: THIS COPY DOESN'T WORK EITHER! All I get is audio and no video!

So, long story short, I put two completely different Amped 2 discs into my XBox and all I get is audio and no video. This also happened to me when I got an OXM disc...the entire disc worked fine except for the Soul Caliber 2 demo.

Help me out here, dudes...what's up?! :watchout:

Chaotic
11-25-2003, 07:34 AM
Don't forget to clean up the spilled beer on the cd tray :eek: That may be a sticky situation :D

RudedogX
11-25-2003, 07:35 AM
Or at least turn on your TV when you turn on your stereo.:watchout:

Koopa
11-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Okay, dewds...check this:

I went over to my brother-in-law's house...and his kid (my nephew) works for a game retailer. He won a copy of Amped 2 in a contest but already had the game. As a very kind gesture, my nephew gave Amped 2 to me for free.

But, here's the kicker: I brought the game home...all pumped up and stuff, right? But, when I shoved the game in, all I get is audio and no video! (for those that don't know, all I get is sound, not picture).

This all happened yesterday....but, today, got another copy of Amped 2 from my other brother-in-law...he works for Microsoft and picked up the game for me for $20 (I asked him if he would when the MS store got it in). And get this: THIS COPY DOESN'T WORK EITHER! All I get is audio and no video!

So, long story short, I put two completely different Amped 2 discs into my XBox and all I get is audio and no video. This also happened to me when I got an OXM disc...the entire disc worked fine except for the Soul Caliber 2 demo.

Help me out here, dudes...what's up?! :watchout:

....maybe...you only had the audio plugs plugged in? lol thats all i can think of....or maybe your eyes were closed.:watchout:

im assuming this doesnt happen with other games, right? i guess call uh 1800-4myxbox

Brevity
11-25-2003, 07:56 AM
And so you tried other games in it that same day too? Well I would be for calling MS. And taking those games to a game store and trying for an exchange or credit.

hiter101
11-25-2003, 08:00 AM
check the plugs usually thats the problem same thing happened to me wen i had playstation 1 just wiggle em allittle or something

Peepers
11-25-2003, 09:51 AM
That's weird. When your drive reads discs, does it do so smoothly or is there a lot of skipping and disc spinning?

Caesar SYN
11-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Check all your cables, Co Ax, RCA, etc..

oh yeah and turn on the Circuit Breaker

l Maximus l
11-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Okay...I want to make sure that I am crystal clear about this. Yes, I played Rainbow Six: 3 right before shoving Amped 2 in...and my brother-in-law that works for MS also picked up Crimson Skies for me.

Here's how I started the session:

I played Rainbow Six: 3 on XBL with some DDC and XBA brethren...good times.

Next, I signed off and then I put in Amped 2 to check it out....thinking it would work...but, all I got was audio and no video.

After that, I was kinda spooked, so I tried Crimson Skies. The game works great (I played it for about 5 min, too - I'll play much more later).

Peepers is the only one that may have something here...it seemed to me that Amped 2 was skipping or something because my XBox was having a challenging time trying to read the disc. This happened with both Amped 2 discs...but, when I put in Rainbow Six: 3...no problems. I put in Crimson Skies and I get no problems. In fact, the disc loaded like it was a cartridge (nice and fast).

I'm just a little dumbfounded, dewds...

I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX this morning. They said that they have "escalated the problem" and I should call back to see what's up. Fortunately, I have 2 XBoxes, therefore, if they ask me to send mine in, I won't be hurting too bad.

lol, I realize that last statement may have sounded pathetic to most...but, not in here with the Addicts! :D

Peepers
11-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Fortunately, I have 2 XBoxes, therefore, if they ask me to send mine in, I won't be hurting too bad.

lol, I realize that last statement may have sounded pathetic to most...but, not in here with the Addicts! :D

Don't worry about that Maximus. I have three, but then again two of them don't work.:cry:

Ford Mustang
11-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Damn, that's really wierd. :confused:

Hope you get it figured out. :cheers:

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Okay...I want to make sure that I am crystal clear about this. Yes, I played Rainbow Six: 3 right before shoving Amped 2 in...and my brother-in-law that works for MS also picked up Crimson Skies for me.

Hmmmm.. Try not SHOVING it in.. Nah, im jkin... Thats pretty weird.. My amped works fine. GL to you.. what other game did that happen with???

bretman1234
11-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
Don't forget to clean up the spilled beer on the cd tray That may be a sticky situation

Originally posted by rudedogX
Or at least turn on your TV when you turn on your stereo.:watchout:

:rofl: :rofl:

Ive never met you in person maximus but from what I read online both of these sound like possibilities.

hiter101
11-25-2003, 06:27 PM
eh sux similar thing happened to my friend he got the gta double pack and both of the games wouldnt load on his xbox so he traded it in for another version and they didnt load again so then he returned the games and got.....i forgot wat he got but it was good :cheers:

Shadow20002
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Maybe there are something (scratch in the disc surface) wrong with the disc. :watchout:

rubysoho77
11-25-2003, 06:43 PM
have you had any previous problems with your xbox? like lens not reading properly, cuz that happened to my friend it just suddenly stopped reading games properly, he even took it apart to clean the lazer, but all it would read out of 10 games was mercedes racing which was the most scratched disc of all, and dvds.
it's weird but i've never had a problem yet.....good luck with that though

MerimacHamwich
11-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Hmm, methinks its just something with Amped 2. I thought I was the only one to have troubles with it at first, so I never really mention it, although I made a thread in the sports discussion.

My first Amped 2 disc gave me hella problems. It would freeze very often and pause at random spots, then start going again. Well, I traded it in, and the second disc was worse. Called 1-800-4-my-xbox and they told me to try different controllers. I then noticed that my controller cables were mixed up (mad catz breakaway cables mixed with official controllers and stuff like that) and that I was also using the controller in the second port. Well, I fixed all the controllers up and used the first controller port. No problems at all. Recently it has started pausing a little bit at random times. Seems to happen after the XBox has been on a long while, and I also think it has to do with the on disc soundtrack, as after the game resumes from pausing, it will start a new song, or no songs will play until I reboot.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but try unplugging and re-plugging in all of your controllers. Also make sure the cables are with their rightful controllers and that you are using the first controller port. Before I did these things, I got everything from dirty disc errors to gameplay pauses as described. Makes no sense to me why the controllers would do this, but it seems to make a difference.

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 01:40 AM
CASE SOLVED!!!!

I appreciate all of the suggestions, brethren....but, I figured it out!

As some of you know, I own an HDTV...and I had my video settings from the XBox dashboard marked as "YES" on the following: 480p, 720p, and 1080i. For some odd reason, I thought I would try putting "NO" on 720p and 1080i since Amped 2 only supports 480p. And....BAM!!!! It worked! :D

I thought I would share this with you dudes...just in case something like this arrises in the future :)

Oh yeah...and Hammy...I'll see you on the slopes :cheers:

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2003, 01:46 AM
For sure dude! Just beware, my character is maxed out. 75% done the game and ranked 3rd in the world for my career. I don't grind lift lines like some of the lame-o's on XBL though, so I won't get ultra scores. If you are wondering why I get so many points though, it's mainly becuase of my character being such as he is. It's way harder to get more points at first, with a poorly developed character.

I just ride for fun though!
:cheers:

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
For sure dude! Just beware, my character is maxed out. 75% done the game and ranked 3rd in the world for my career. I don't grind lift lines like some of the lame-o's on XBL though, so I won't get ultra scores. If you are wondering why I get so many points though, it's mainly becuase of my character being such as he is. It's way harder to get more points at first, with a poorly developed character.

I just ride for fun though!
:cheers:

Whoa! 75% done!? Geez....nice, dude...but, then again, you have had the game for a while now. I just played for about 20 minutes today.. :D

I'm ranked something like 284th or something so far :D

Though, I'm kinda curious...how do you jump from one rail to another rail that is not in front of it? I'm doing one of the test maps where you go through some rings and one of the rails is way over to the right and down a cliff. Gravity is in full effect and I can't quite get over there. Have a tip?

Also, what are gaps?

Yes, this is the only time you'll be able to call me a n00b...so, live it up :D hehe

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2003, 02:16 AM
Hmm. Not quite sure what the situation is with the training. I expect you have to do a butter, not sure though.

Well, a gap is a term used in action sports to define any jump that goes over a certain large distance, usually from one object to another. Gaps in Amped 2 can easily be found by looking for the blue sparkly trails arc-ing from one jump to another, or from a rail to a landing of a jump, or from a jump to a rail, etc.

I guess I kinda take for granted my indepth knowledge of the sport of snowboarding sometimes. I guess that happens when you fall in love with anything though.

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 02:20 AM
Ah...that makes sense. Thanks, Ham....that helps.

Here's the pro challenge I'm trying to do: There are 7 yellow rings...and you first jump off of a small, narrow jump and land on a rail next to a cliff side. The rail turns slightly to the left and you have to jump off to the right to a rail down below.

Ring a bell? I'm having a dandy time trying to figure this out. I'm also trying to figure out how to do a butter.

Oh yeah...the manual...hmmmm..... :D

(Honestly, I just played 20 min only because I was stoked that I got the game to work! I didn't bother reading anything since I am quite familiar with the first Amped installation) :)

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2003, 02:26 AM
I suggest doing the tutorial, it will seem a little tedious, but honestly, it will help you out alot in the long run. It introduces you to the new rail system, and incorporation of Live and Butters.

A butter is the snowboarding term for a manual. However, becuaseit is on a snowboard, yo can be ALOT more creative with butters. Spinning, sliding sideways, tons of things to do, and its all doable in real life, I know. ;)

I love Amped. It REALLY pisses me off to think Microsoft layed off the whole Amped 2 crew. I can only hope they form their own company and develop an Amped 3 specifically for Xbox or whatever the best system is next round. They are an excellent crew, dare I say in contention for best developers EVER.

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
They are an excellent crew, dare I say in contention for best developers EVER.

Honestly, I actually agree....but, Bungie aside. My first love is Halo...always will be. But, if you look back at all of my posts...I have always stated that Amped is my second favorite XBox game. That's why I NEEDED Amped 2 :D