PDA

View Full Version : Will XBOX ever have a GT4 killer??

Xelcier
11-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Sad thing is im probably going to buy a PS2 just for GT4 racing. Its the only game with tons of cars to buy and lots of parts. I felt SegaGT sucked. Not many cars and pumping up your car was crappy. The AI pumped there cars up just like you. So you could never just race to blow the hell out of the older cars and see your car slowly pump up.

I hated that. I wish a SEGA GT with ALOT more cars and parts and also an AI that didnt pump up with ya came out :( SegaGT online is just a online version of Sega GT with afew more cars.

Man I want a GT4 for Xbox lol. . Project Gotham and such games bore the hell out of me. Ooo look I can race around in laps all day lol.

I might have to try NFS Underground. Its got parts and such and could be fun.

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 05:58 AM
I bought the online modem when i bought my NFSU copy for PS2. ITs alot of fun. NFSU is their first attempt at that aspect of the game scene and its an awsome one. The only things u can really do it mod ya car up cosmeticaly. This performance mods, it is kinda neccasary. But the AI is always with there with you giving you an easy to an impossible challenge.I enjoy playing online even though im ranked at the bottom. IT has its downs but i love the game. Im also gonna play GT4 online too when it comes out. BTW check out some otehr NFSU threads that ive posting in. Theres more info.

Series3
11-25-2003, 06:05 AM
There already is a game that beats all the Gt's ....Project Gotham Racing 2....it is simply amazing, especially the online play.

CarGuy
11-25-2003, 06:09 AM
Sorry Ragun, the GT series is laps ahead of NFSU. I bought a PS2 for GT3 and i'll be buying GT4. I imagine games like GT are rare because the licenses for the cars cost a bundle not to mention the development time.

BigJosh359
11-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Colin McRae 3 and 04 are WAY better than GT4. GT series is over rated because its on the PS2.

Xelcier
11-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Project Gotham is liek a step backwards lol. Its Kudos system might be fun for lots of people but I cant stand racers without upgrading car parts anymore.

I hope to god maybe Sega will spend some time on SegaGT and create a good one. Until then GT4 will be the only game with tons of cars and upgrades :(

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Sorry Ragun, the GT series is laps ahead of NFSU. I bought a PS2 for GT3 and i'll be buying GT4. I imagine games like GT are rare because the licenses for the cars cost a bundle not to mention the development time.
I stated many times the GT series is ahead of NFSU. NFSU is arcade and GT is simulation.

Josh-XBA, How you figure GT is over rated since is on the PS2?? i dont understand this. Every since xbox came out, ps2 has been geting dissed alot. Besides....its game play that matters not graphics. Although NFSU owns graphics wise on PS2. I know yall all love xbox, but josh, explain how gt is over rated cuz its on the ps2.

LTM360
11-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I think Josh is just kiddin man.
Anyways, I dont understand why you wouldn't want the AI to upgrade their cars with yours, cause wouldn't that take away from realizm. Besides, I bought the Sega GT 2002/Jet Set ($5.99 cant beat that) and I'm pretty far, I upgraded my car and im beating every other car easily. I've got a 'B' liscense and im winning by over 30 sec. Anyways...I think its pretty stupid your gonna buy a PS2 just for one lousy racing game. Try Colin McRae 3 and 4, I personally like it alot better than Gran Turismo. and Rallisport Challange is alot more fun too.

BigJosh359
11-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

I stated many times the GT series is ahead of NFSU. NFSU is arcade and GT is simulation.

Josh-XBA, How you figure GT is over rated since is on the PS2?? i dont understand this. Every since xbox came out, ps2 has been geting dissed alot. Besides....its game play that matters not graphics. Although NFSU owns graphics wise on PS2. I know yall all love xbox, but josh, explain how gt is over rated cuz its on the ps2.

Its over rated on the PS2 because a lot more people have a PS2. More people play it because just about everyone has a PS2 and havent given the Xbox a look yet, but that is begining to change. Of course everyone is going to say GT4 owns. Xboxers know better though.

I dont care about the graphics. CM3 and 04 have much better physics than GT4 ever will. CM series is more realistic and the tracks are better.

Uchiha Sasuke
11-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA

Its over rated on the PS2 because a lot more people have a PS2. More people play it because just about everyone has a PS2 and havent given the Xbox a look yet, but that is begining to change. Of course everyone is going to say GT4 owns. Xboxers know better though.

I dont care about the graphics. CM3 and 04 have much better physics than GT4 ever will. CM series is more realistic and the tracks are better.

Umm Hey Josh buddy I own both and I played both the game you mentioned. GT4 stomps Colin McRae in terms of depth, visuals, gameplay, physics and tracks. Colin is pretty much a rally game there not much to it. Anyone will beable to tackle it in about 10-15 hours. While GT offers so much more, on A-SPEC I have over 50 hours in the game and I still have a slew of things to unlock and go through. Colin is good game, i'm not taking anything away from it but to compare it to GT is out of the question considering one is a Rally Racer and the other is more of a Full Blown Simulation Racer. You'd be better comparing Rallisport challenge and Colin McRae. The only real competition for GT is SegaGT.

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 03:14 PM
GT is awesome, no doubt. But its not something to buy a PS2 for. Unless, that is, if GTA hadnt come out on XBOX. I guess, if u want GT that bad, buy a PS2, cuz we sure as hell no it aint comin to XBOX anytime soon

mattgame
11-25-2003, 03:27 PM
I have had both GT and I now have PGR2. PGR2 is better in my opinion. GT is a great game but I don't need to upgrade cars and all of that stuff. I do, however, respect everyone elses opinions but don't dis the xbox if so maybe you are more comfortable at a PS2 site.:)

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
Anyways, I dont understand why you wouldn't want the AI to upgrade their cars with yours, cause wouldn't that take away from realizm
I know, i said i like tha fact that the AI is always even.

Its over rated on the PS2 because a lot more people have a PS2.

The amount of ps2 sold doesnt have an effect on making a game over rated. Popularity of a console doesnt effect its rattings. It can hurt or help. So that is BS.

More people play it because just about everyone has a PS2 and havent given the Xbox a look yet.
Alot having a console and game is good. Now, how the heck you want to give an xbox a look considering GT isnt for xbox. This is about GT not xbox. We all know xbox has some good racing games, but that was not what i was talking about when i quoted u in the start.

but that is begining to change. Of course everyone is going to say GT4 owns. Xboxers know better though.
Explain yourself. You sounding like ya talking out ya ass so to speak. I can see your a xbox fan to the fullest. But "xboxers know better though", wtf is that about. Explain what people who play xbox know. So what if people say GT4 owns if and when it comes out. If they say it then its TRUE. If not, oh freakin well.

Also GT isnt all rally type games like CM. I think CM is nothing but rally.....GT is everything. But that is errelivant to this, so n/m. I say n/m cuz i've never played CM. so forget MC when you reply. Look at this as a bias approch, not a piss on PS2 and all hail XBOX. Both are great consoles, neither is better than the other. To say other wise, is opinion....not fact.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-25-2003, 03:54 PM
ok... saw on some site that gt4 is gon to have like 750 cars or somthin...no with so many cars when r u goin to race with them all...it could take a long long time to use all those cars and in the end u will only use about 10 different cars on average...y only ten u might ask?? its because each model has like another model 2 models that were made two years earlier and then another 2 models made 1 and two years after the original model...wut m sayin is ya they got a lot of selection but not much difference on the cars except the date...heck there aint even vans or suv's in this game...wut kind of a game doesnt have the beloved minivan in it??...o ye they dont even have i think it was porshe or and like 3 other of the worlds fastest cars on there..

Then there is the comparison and i think the heading of the first post was will xbox have a game to compare to GT4 or somthin like that...the answer is: they alrdy do...That game is gpr2...it has everything...suv's amzingly fast cars... just look at the graphiz of the cars and courses and u will get hooked on this game...GPR2 is not really a comparison to GT4...at least from the looks of it..to me GPR2 is way out of GT's leauge in all catagories...graphics, cars,(by the way like 100 on GPR2 and all of which are fast and fun to use so no usin only 10 in this game)sound, and most likely online play also...

i guess i might be wrong but that is my opinion and i have talked to many more that feel the exact same way...hope this convinced u that GT4 aint nufin special or it just made u wanna play GPR2 b4 buying that ps2...w/e it may have done "I swear to drunk im not God ociffer"...pce

RagunCajun
11-26-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
hope this convinced u that GT4 aint nufin special
No it hasnt. Playing the game is what i do to see if i like a game. Hear say doesnt work for me. Ill be geting PGR2 though when my box gets moded. Sadly only be playing online on xbc.

mattgame
11-26-2003, 09:08 AM

. Both are great consoles, neither is better than the other. To say other wise, is opinion....not fact.

The xbox is by far superior than the PS2 check the specs.

Dark Enemy
11-26-2003, 09:15 AM
I Know Preoject Gotham Racing isnt like gt4 but its rea;;y fun and addicting. Te only gt i played was gt2 and it was ok. The kudos system is good because it wants style and at the sam time winning. The tracks are awesome, and car are really nice

RagunCajun
11-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
The xbox is by far superior than the PS2 check the specs.
Yeah, look past specs. Yes, xbox has better specs. Does either use all of its power.....no. Like i said. They are just as good as one another.

mattgame
11-26-2003, 11:10 AM

Yeah, look past specs. Yes, xbox has better specs. Does either use all of its power.....no. Like i said. They are just as good as one another.

Okay then buddy. I humbly disagree with your assessment. The proof is in the specs. I offer PGR2 as evidence. PGR2 could not have been on the PS2 as well as it is on the xbox sir. However, I do respect your opinion except I don't understand how do you look past what makes the consoles function.? Have a good day sir.:)

MikeMan91389
11-26-2003, 12:09 PM
So, neither use their "full potential"... But still, XBOX is better than the Ps2.. The online play for xbox is 100x greater than on ps2. Internet gaming is where consoles are heading, and ps2 is lagging behind. Not saying Socom2 and GT arent GREAT games, but now ps2 cant say that they got GTA. muahhahaha

daneford
11-26-2003, 01:52 PM
if you like racing, PGR2 is amazing, best racing game iver ever played, alot better than GT3 IMO:o

gotgame3003
11-26-2003, 03:33 PM
I hope they do... The Gta games are the best and I will play my xbox more if they do xD:)

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Tokyo Extreme racer was better than Gran Turismo.

RagunCajun
11-26-2003, 03:56 PM
It doesnt matter which system is better by opinion or fact. Its the games that matters. PGR2 is a great game from what everyone says. It's made for the xbox only for it. NOT PS2. PGR is only for the xbox console to trying to make it work for the ps2 would be worthless. xbox exclusive series.

Anyways. this whole discusion isnt about ps2 vs xbox. so lets stop it now if u want.

Trento52
11-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Tokyo Extreme Racer was sweet so may options but the gameplay and sound were crappy and annoying. After som much play the game doesn't load so i have 2 hours to play it before someting screws up.:cuss: Well i hsve never tried GT but i do think it looks awsome. I have tried pgr and liked it but saw soem room for imporevments but the second one probably fixed tham and more. Sega Gt...SUCKS. I recently gave it another shot and absolutely hate it. AGAIN. It is so boring and i hate the AI. Some tracks and graphics are nice but it is so boring and all the tracks are the same. If sega gt had more cars, better damage looks, better AI, more interesting tracks, better upgrades, way more customizing options, and had the whole game itself more interesting I would like it.

OC Noob
11-27-2003, 11:26 AM
No offense Cajun, but could you clean up the wording a bit, some of your posts are difficult to understand. I'm not nit picking spelling or grammer, its just some of the wording is rather confusing.

I apologize if you have a disability and am assuming you are from America because of you have the USA listed as your residence and your name is, well... RagunCajun.

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Trento52
Tokyo Extreme Racer was sweet so may options but the gameplay and sound were crappy and annoying. After som much play the game doesn't load so i have 2 hours to play it before someting screws up.:cuss: Well i hsve never tried GT but i do think it looks awsome. I have tried pgr and liked it but saw soem room for imporevments but the second one probably fixed tham and more. Sega Gt...SUCKS. I recently gave it another shot and absolutely hate it. AGAIN. It is so boring and i hate the AI. Some tracks and graphics are nice but it is so boring and all the tracks are the same. If sega gt had more cars, better damage looks, better AI, more interesting tracks, better upgrades, way more customizing options, and had the whole game itself more interesting I would like it.

Try PGR2.... Seems like most-everyone on here likes it... thats what im going to do even tho I HATED PGR

Unreal
11-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Regardless if this topic is about GT or not. How many of you are going to use at least half of the cars in GT4 that will be available. I have GT3 and Sega GT and once I got what was the best car IMO I never went back. I did the same thing with Project Gotham 1 and 2. IMO, who cares if a game has 500 cars (car total for GT4), when I wont use 400 of them. But if that is your thing, then that is your thing.

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
Regardless if this topic is about GT or not. How many of you are going to use at least half of the cars in GT4 that will be available. I have GT3 and Sega GT and once I got what was the best car IMO I never went back. I did the same thing with Project Gotham 1 and 2. IMO, who cares if a game has 500 cars (car total for GT4), when I wont use 400 of them. But if that is your thing, then that is your thing.

Good point, when I used to play PGR I always used the best car.. Why use anything else????

RagunCajun
11-27-2003, 04:35 PM
No offense taken. I know i can't type nor spell worth a crap but i deal with it. As for wording, i do fine. I do not have a disability and i graded high school. Anways....

I only watched my bud play sega gt and it looked ok. Never got into it though.

Concerning PGR2. Is there an in-car ****pit view?

FuNkY mOnK
11-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Colin McRae 3 and 04 are WAY better than GT4. GT series is over rated because its on the PS2.
I have to disagree sorry, it depends what you like. Think about it for one minute that 1 year or more ago Microsoft was skeptical about releasing a rally racer in the states in fear that the Racing fan in america is more about tuning and group racing for first place Then boring time trials hell Gran-Turismo 3 has the best of these two genre in one scrumptious package and GT4 is to be more advanced in everyway.If there's one thing POLYPHONY knows how to do it's a racing sim and probably are the best in the market. Who wouldn't kill for a little down force adjustment in PGR2,I would. get the picture. As far as the topic goes Yes Xbox will have somthing up to par one day, but sega gt, Colin Mcrae, and rally are to shallow.

OC Noob
11-27-2003, 09:51 PM
No offense taken. I know i can't type nor spell worth a crap but i deal with it. As for wording, i do fine. I do not have a disability and i graded high school. Anways....

I only watched my bud play sega gt and it looked ok. Never got into it though.

Concerning PGR2. Is there an in-car ****pit view?

You never know with internet forums, one guy was dyslexic and there are always people who speak english as a second language.

I can't spell my self, its just some of the phrases and wording I guess. Like, "I graded high school" isn't anything I've ever heard. I'll bet its a regional thing.

Do you have that cajun accent like in the movie Water Boy?

I'll leave you alne now, I'm just curious.

RagunCajun
11-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob

You never know with internet forums, one guy was dyslexic and there are always people who speak english as a second language.

I can't spell my self, its just some of the phrases and wording I guess. Like, "I graded high school" isn't anything I've ever heard. I'll bet its a regional thing.

Do you have that cajun accent like in the movie Water Boy?

I'll leave you alne now, I'm just curious.
Graded high school isnt anythign special. I just shorted the word "graduated" for god's sake. It's not a regional thing, i've heard it ALL over the place. And i only speak english and i do it without problems regardless as to what you think.

The Water Boy stero typed southern LA. We dont have acceints nor are we stupid. WE also dont ride around on lawn mowers as a means for transportation. Now, let it go. Any other problems you have with me, pm me.

FuNkY mOnK
11-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Hey guys why is it so hard to stick to the topic? Who gives a rat’s ass about your boring lives with your fcuking high school problems and acronyms. Take it to the chat room or off topic. Or better yet pgr2 is live in case you’re wondering.

FuNkY mOnK
11-28-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Unreal

If you've been playing PGR2 on live or single player for that matter, the host can set restricted cars meaning sometimes the default car offered in game isn't good enough so you would have to buy the best one in that category same goes for single player mode. So having a TVR 12 or enzo Ferrari would be useless in classic racing mode. GT4 might be different has you can tweak the slower cars to compete. GT4 at this point looks and is amazing.

nG-Punisher
11-28-2003, 06:38 PM
The best thing that could happen for us racing fans is by putting GT4 on xbox....no game can compare to GT3 option wise, graphically yes...but the game play options it gives us are just incredible. I bought a PS2 just for GT3 and I still enjoy it. GT4 will be the best racing game to date unless XBOX can master everything it has and then some.

MikeMan91389
11-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by nG-Punisher
The best thing that could happen for us racing fans is by putting GT4 on xbox....no game can compare to GT3 option wise, graphically yes...but the game play options it gives us are just incredible. I bought a PS2 just for GT3 and I still enjoy it. GT4 will be the best racing game to date unless XBOX can master everything it has and then some.

Deffenitly, but i doubt it will EVER come to XBOX