PDA

View Full Version : True Fantasy Live Online Delayed

SkoalMint
11-25-2003, 05:42 AM
The folks over at RPGamer (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2003/112403b.html) are getting reports that Microsoft's upcoming True Fantasy Live Online is going to be delayed for a few months. Originally scheduled for release this winter in Japan, that release has been pushed back to June 2004 according to Yoshihiro Maruyama, the director of Xbox operations. There is no word on whether this will effect the North American release date which has not been announced.

Personally, I'm kind of torn on this game. I like the idea of a MMORPG. However, I'm not a big fan of cel-shaded games. I guess we may be waiting even longer to find out how this game fares.

Brevity
11-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Well that sucks. I just responded to a thread on another site that was titled something like "Will we be playing TFLO this summer?" I said yes. Go figure, these delays dont help Xbox sales over there thats for sure. But I care not really since I will be completly involved in FFXI (the best MMORPG I have ever played).

echohype
11-25-2003, 04:43 PM
mehh. at least Fable should be out soon :)

Peepers
11-25-2003, 11:41 PM
I think it's safe to redesignat RPG's to FDG's: frequently delayed games.:D

sonicbrew
11-30-2003, 03:11 PM
TFLO looks to be turning out to be a real good game if your not into the live MMO thing though I would say Fable is going to be one of, if not the best RPG on the Box.

Shorezy
12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
I've been soo stoked about Fable and TFLO. To think a "true fantasy" game for live. I love the idea, and as for Fable, looks fantasic too. The Push back bothers me a bit, yeah, but to get a MMO going must take some time. I still just can't wait to play it.

BTW - WILL THERE BE A MONTHLY CHARGE FOR THIS GAME?! (Like PSO)

Variation-XBA
12-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Shorezy
BTW - WILL THERE BE A MONTHLY CHARGE FOR THIS GAME?! (Like PSO)

They havent confirmed it, but it is a MMO, so I would expect one. If not...great, more people will play, but if PSO had a fee, this one will in my mind...

pepitonet
12-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Gameinformer had a voice interview at their website with the creator of TFLO on it he explained that that game will have a fee between 11.99 to 14.99 the amound is not set yet due to some internal reasons.

venombytes
12-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Can I get a link to that interview please, pepitonet? :)

The wait for this game is going to be leathal to me any ways. Mainly because my pc wont run FFXI, but also because I've enjoyed Level 5's other games.

Lord Vivic
01-10-2004, 02:20 AM
That just pisses me off.I have been waiting for that game and it is delayed!!!!:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: