PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham 2 speed?

The Xbox Mafia
11-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Ive heard many people compare the Project Gotham series to Gran Turismo,oviously there are big differences like the Kudos sytem. Although I have a problem with this...Gran Turismo just isnt fast enough! I appreciate its more of a simulation, but there wasnt that much fun in it for me, I mean I prefur my racing games fastand this became a very big concern of mine because I was gonna out PGR2 on my christmas list so please, could someone clarify this for me. Thankyou:)

GokuX
11-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Well, if you play the game on silver then you ought to be able to collect most, if not all of the cars within a couple of days. I'm playing on platinum so everything takes a lot longer to accomplish, but I do like the challenges they give you. My favorite by far is the cone challenge. I think PGR2 is a bit quicker than the GT series as far as advancing is concerned. I'm not sure if this was the speed you were talking about though.

The Xbox Mafia
11-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Thanx for the reply,but Im talking about the speed of the driving, Burnout 2 had a perfect speed for me (wen it was using the Burnout and when it werent) although Im not talking about MEGA speed like when you used the Burnout, im just talking about the regular driving speed.

p.s b4 anyone suggests: Ive tried Midnight Club 2 and didnt like it that much and Im yet to play NFSU.:)

GokuX
11-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Ok, as far as graphical speed goes, this game is fine even when you're racing with the slowest cars in the compact section. Is it as fast as Burnout? I'm not sure, it's pretty hard to say because the courses are smaller and their isn't oncoming traffic, but the game doesn't feel slow provided you are using the internal view. If you switch to external it does seem like you're not going as fast for whatever reason. I felt Sega GT seemed a little slow myself, but I have no gripes with this one. Personally, I don't think it's something you should worry about with PGR2.

Viper87227
11-25-2003, 11:52 AM
This game definatly feels faster than gran turismo. I wouldnt say its as fast as Burnout 2, but its aweful close. Pick it up, you wont be dissapointed

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah, i also enjoy a good fast challenging game. NFSU is a pretty fast pase game. We all know it isnt full of super cars like a ferrari and diablos. However the tracks are pretty tight to say the least. Tight as in not alot of room. If your into online racing, then you can only do it with the PS2 version and pc version. I wish the tracks were alot more open like MC2. Great game though.

mattgame
11-25-2003, 03:14 PM
PGR2 is very good in the speed department. Way better than GT.