PDA

View Full Version : Amped or SSX

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Which game is better? SSX3 or Amped 2. Ive only played Amped 2 and I think its great, but everyone keeps telling me to get SSX3 instead. Is SSX cheesy (like, can you take your feet off of the board every jump). Please respond.. Thanks for the help

Chaotic
11-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the site NOOB!! Bretman told me to say he hates you and that he wished you didn't join this site :rofl:

oh yea, back to the question. I would say SSX.

bretman1234
11-25-2003, 02:06 PM
Well Mike now you have met our pretty boy, chaotic. Don't pay attention to him, he just came out of the closet.

ANYWAY, I have always been an amped fan. Im sure its kick ass on Xbox Live too.

Chaotic
11-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
Well Mike now you have met our pretty boy, chaotic. Don't pay attention to him, he just came out of the closet.

ANYWAY, I have always been an amped fan. Im sure its kick ass on Xbox Live too.

Don't pay attention to bretman, as im sure you already know he is obviously teh biggest ghey around and in reality he's just jealous and likes to take out his sexuality on others. ;)

bretman1234
11-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC

Don't pay attention to me, i am sure you already know I am obviously teh biggest ghey around and in reality Im just jealous and like to take out my sexuality on others. ;)

Dude chaotic I was only joking. I didn't know you were serious!

:yikes:

:rofl:

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 02:16 PM
well, uhh... thanks.. Amped on live is sweet, but could be a little better, i mean/.... there isnt any racing... Whats a snowboarding game without RACING

bretman1234
11-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
well, uhh... thanks.. Amped on live is sweet, but could be a little better, i mean/.... there isnt any racing... Whats a snowboarding game without RACING

NO RACING!:yikes: I thought that was gonna be like the best part! Anyone know if SSX3 has racing?

kenji
11-25-2003, 05:46 PM
I think SSX has racing, but I'm not sure you can play on live. Not 100% sure.

If you liked realistic snowboarding, definantly go with Amped 2. If you like a game where you can relax a little more and see really sweet tricks, go with SSX 3.

BORNGD
11-25-2003, 05:56 PM
depends what you want...

amped is more realistic and on live

ssx is out of control crazy game and not on live...

personally i like ssx, i think its just fun as hell with a bunch of friends...i need this game!

Trento52
11-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Well amped isn't much of a multiplayer game and have no idea what it is like on live but the first one is hard i am ranked 29 right now and can't get passed one pro. I just can't get hang of the ssx 3 demo at all but i think amped is easy and looks and sounds impressive. I haven't tried the whole game of any ssx tricky or 3 but i probably never will.

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 02:05 AM
If you want fun, yet, more mainstream snowboarding...go with Amped 2. If you want adventurous, yet, unrealistic on every corner, go with SSX3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not highlighting or bashing any of the games...both are good, but, every gamer differs...so, there's a one line description for ya.

Personally, I prefer Amped 2...and playing on XBL is a nice bonus :)

Thijssen
11-26-2003, 02:20 AM
I have both Amped 2 & SSX3.

SSX3 - looks beautiful, very very fast. Good racing, tricks easy to pull off with loads of latitude, outrageous tricks, totally unrealistic - basically great fun to play and a suped up version of the previous two efforts. Gameplay includes loads of races, trick events, collecting stuff and free riding. No online.

I finished all the races and trick events with bronze or above in about 6-7 hours play.

Amped 2 - much much better than the first. Still rock hard in place but much more to see and do. Graphics not as 'fluent' as SSX3 but certainly smart looking in a 'real' way. Tricks harder to pull off and not as outlandish. LIVE! play is pretty sweet, although it is trick not racing based. Lods and Loads to uncover.

I have moved from 250 ranking to 178 ranking - a long way to go.

Personally I am playing Amped 2 much more and SSX3 may go back for a swap.

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Dear god almighty. Someone actually said, "Amped on live is sweet, but could be a little better, i mean/.... there isnt any racing... Whats a snowboarding game without RACING"
My god, I just can't get over the shock. You think snowboarding and racing are one in the same? You have no idea what the sport and lifestyle of snowboarding is then, and I pity you for it.

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Thijssen
I have both Amped 2 & SSX3.

SSX3 - looks beautiful, very very fast. Good racing, tricks easy to pull off with loads of latitude, outrageous tricks, totally unrealistic - basically great fun to play and a suped up version of the previous two efforts. Gameplay includes loads of races, trick events, collecting stuff and free riding. No online.

I finished all the races and trick events with bronze or above in about 6-7 hours play.

Amped 2 - much much better than the first. Still rock hard in place but much more to see and do. Graphics not as 'fluent' as SSX3 but certainly smart looking in a 'real' way. Tricks harder to pull off and not as outlandish. LIVE! play is pretty sweet, although it is trick not racing based. Lods and Loads to uncover.

I have moved from 250 ranking to 178 ranking - a long way to go.

Personally I am playing Amped 2 much more and SSX3 may go back for a swap.

Man, that was a notable first post...welcome to the XBA brethren :D

That was a much better explanation than I gave :cheers: