PDA

View Full Version : A Halo 2 multiplayer question.

Salmonaitor
11-25-2003, 02:07 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed before, I haven't seen anything specific on it, but do you guys think that Halo 2 will have all, or most of our favourite multiplayer environments from Halo, with the added functionality of Halo 2's gametypes and weapons, or will it be all new multiplayer environments?

Hugopolo
11-25-2003, 02:16 PM
Nope i dont i think it will all be new stuff maybe like a variation of like blood gulch or something

Salmonaitor
11-25-2003, 02:22 PM
This is unrelated, but I posted the thread, so hey. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the name of my Xbox changed. It used to be Stompy, now it's flash. I've played Tiger Woods Golf since I've noticed it, but that's all.

Peepers
11-25-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm sure that Halo 2 will have several new multiplayer maps, and the best maps of Halo 1, like Blood Gulch, shall surely make a return.

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 02:39 PM
I hope the maps will stay.... Is there a pistol in halo 2? I havent seen any screenshot with one ... I "heart" the pistol.. Now all those assault rifle & rocket noobs will own me... AWWW ****

Salmonaitor
11-25-2003, 03:24 PM
I know I could always throw in my Halo disk for the old Multiplayer Environments, but then they won't work with XBL. To me, there's nothing more fun than controlling, or trying to regain control of "The Room" in the Chiron environment; you know the room with the Rocket Launcher. The carnage that can pile up, and the bodies that fly around really get my blood pumping!!!

KMSENSEI
11-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Halo changed the AR (automatic rifle) to be more accurate like the pistol. I think they also put a zoom on it!! Either way I can't wait for it to go live.:cheers:

T-FiNGeR
11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
No1 knows ANY info on Halo2 maps, weapons, gametypes, or any other confidential info. Bungie will not release that kind of info because they want it to be a surprise! Plz dont post info on things you do not know 100% about..... :eek:

WrathfulPoppa
11-25-2003, 10:34 PM
T-Finger is right. Especially with Kmensei (or whatever your name is). They didn't modify the assault rifle, they created a new weapon. Halo 2 will still have the original Halo's assault rifle, the weapon you are thinking of is the Battle Rifle.

About the maps (keeping in mind that this is all speculation because Bungie hasn't realeased this information), we can't say for sure that the maps will be returning but I imagine they will have variations of everyone's favorite maps, updated to better suit the new graphics engine.

For more information on all of this, go to Halo2.owns.it

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 02:13 AM
I hope they keep all of Halo's original multi-player maps and brush them up to Halo 2 standards. Especially Hang Em High and Blood Gulch.

Hell....even bring back Chiron!!! :D

AM Static
11-26-2003, 09:29 AM
I can say with 100% certainty that Halo 2 will have either Blood Gulch, or a new version of it.. Most games with sequels tend to do that and I'm hoping the same for Halo 2. Also, I think they can like keep levels in, but make them different.. Its hard to explain, but like keep the same style of map, like Damnation, but just change the rooms and stuff so its new. It'd be nice to see different variations of Halo maps, so we don't get bored of them quickly.

E Nomini Patri
11-26-2003, 02:51 PM
It's called downloadable content people :cheers:

Koopa
11-26-2003, 03:20 PM
hell, if perfect dark can have goldeneye maps, im sure halo2 will have halo1 maps

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by AM Static
I can say with 100% certainty that Halo 2 will have either Blood Gulch, or a new version of it.. Most games with sequels tend to do that and I'm hoping the same for Halo 2. Also, I think they can like keep levels in, but make them different.. Its hard to explain, but like keep the same style of map, like Damnation, but just change the rooms and stuff so its new. It'd be nice to see different variations of Halo maps, so we don't get bored of them quickly.

I must say, despite playing the first Halo nearly every other day for the past 2+ years, I still haven't gotten bored with it :)

Man, I can't wait to smoke all of your asses on-line with this game...it's going to be bloody :D Just don't hate me :p

JJaX
11-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
I hope the maps will stay.... Is there a pistol in halo 2? I havent seen any screenshot with one ... I "heart" the pistol.. Now all those assault rifle & rocket noobs will own me... AWWW ****
Imagine the accuracy of the Halo pistol, with a larger clip....

Its called the battle rifle. It was seen in action in the E3 gameplay video.

gotgame3003
11-26-2003, 07:31 PM
I can't wait for Halo 2!! Lol... Looks great (techtv.com)

gotgame3003
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
What date do u think it woill come out?

T-FiNGeR
11-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Like I said b4 ppl, this is all guesses... dont get ur hopes up! No1 knows forsure about Halo2 until it is released! and even if Bungie makes a comment in 2 weeks from now they could still change it 2 weeks b4 the game in shipped! :watchout:

RagunCajun
11-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Few things ill say. First of all, the AR shouldnt of been named the AR. Assult RIFLE should mean that the barrel is rifled inside. It isnt. damn them

Also bg shouldnt make a comeback. That is an awful level and is way over played. Yeah alot think its fun to run across the stage, die then repeat for like a 2 hour ctf game, but oh well. I want all new maps.

TuffEagle88
11-26-2003, 08:31 PM
there is another thread about halo2 that has more info, check it out.
click here- if you didn't know that stupid! (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45941)

theslayer45
11-26-2003, 11:55 PM
I would like to see some Halo PC maps to come into Halo2, like death island or timberland, or even gethyorphibia, oh and lets not forget ice fields.
later :cheers:

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Imagine the accuracy of the Halo pistol, with a larger clip....

Its called the battle rifle. It was seen in action in the E3 gameplay video.

yeah... i saw the e3 vid, didnt catch the name tho, THANKS!, but is it really as accurate as the pistol? I sureeee hope so!

:cheers: :D

l Maximus l
11-27-2003, 01:52 AM

yeah... i saw the e3 vid, didnt catch the name tho, THANKS!, but is it really as accurate as the pistol? I sureeee hope so!

:cheers: :D

To me, it seems exactly like the pistol in performance including the 2x zoom in.

If the 3 shots in the head rule still applies, you are all toast :D

RagunCajun
11-27-2003, 08:47 AM
A 3 shot AR kill would be way too cheap in multiplayer.

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah... I agree, but I bet they will make some kind of balance... I hope they dont ruin it tho with like "air strikes" in the middle of side winder.. Im sooo lookin forward to this!

RagunCajun
11-27-2003, 04:39 PM
lmao, air strikes, yeah man. That would be kinda, ummmm crazy. As you said, theyll balance it out for sure. It will be awsome if it doesnt end up like Unreal Championship or tourney.:cheers:

TuffEagle88
11-27-2003, 05:15 PM
there isn't supposed to be an assult rifle, but it just got a 2x scope, a decreased rate of fire, and gained a little accuracy, hence the battle rifle. There is still going to be the pistol, but the assult rifle has been upgraded. I still think that the pistol may be better because it was not only more accurate than the AR, but also was more powerful, and I don't think the battle rifle is supposed to be more powerful, but in the E3 demo/trailer I saw it sure looked like it was more powerful too. It awesome that they fixed the Assult Rifle.

Double_Diablo
11-28-2003, 11:41 PM
slayer, oddball, koth, ctf
they will all return in halo 2

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 12:24 PM
----HOW SURE ARE YOU ABOUT THE PISTOL-----

I havent seeen ANYTHING or ScreenShots with the Pistol.... GRRR

TuffEagle88
11-29-2003, 09:07 PM
----HOW SURE ARE YOU ABOUT THE PISTOL-----

I havent seeen ANYTHING or ScreenShots with the Pistol.... GRRR

I haven't seen screenshots of a lot of things, but I still believe that they are there. I haven't seen a screenshot of a hunter or a prophet or the shotgun or rocket launcher, or the multiplayer, or the banshee or ghost, or of a frag grenade, or of a sniper rifle, or the new covenant guns. The list goes on and on, but you just gotta have faith. You have to believe what you read, and I think I read it somewhere that all the same weapons would be returning except for the AR is turned into the battle rifle.

JUST BELIEVE!!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BELIEVE!!!!

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88

I haven't seen screenshots of a lot of things, but I still believe that they are there. I haven't seen a screenshot of a hunter or a prophet or the shotgun or rocket launcher, or the multiplayer, or the banshee or ghost, or of a frag grenade, or of a sniper rifle, or the new covenant guns. The list goes on and on, but you just gotta have faith. You have to believe what you read, and I think I read it somewhere that all the same weapons would be returning except for the AR is turned into the battle rifle.

JUST BELIEVE!!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BELIEVE!!!!

I WILL I WILL I WILL
I CAN I CAN I CAN
AND
I CANT I CANT I CANT.... wait for halo2 that is!!!!!!!1!!!!!

Peepers
11-29-2003, 10:31 PM

I WILL I WILL I WILL
I CAN I CAN I CAN
AND
I CANT I CANT I CANT.... wait for halo2 that is!!!!!!!1!!!!!

Feel free to just keep caps lock off. And feel free to write in coherent sentences.

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

Feel free to just keep caps lock off. And feel free to write in coherent sentences.

ok....

I will believe. I will believe. I will believe. I will believe.
I can't wait for Halo 2. I also can not wait for Halo 2.
I can believe!

...That better?.... oops. Is that better?

Peepers
11-29-2003, 10:38 PM

ok....

I will have faith. I will have faith. I will have faith. I will have faith.
I can't wait for Halo 2. I also can not wait for Halo 2.

I can have faith!

That better?

You didn't have caps lock on, but you're still repeating yourself.;)

RagunCajun
11-30-2003, 08:45 AM
I ant more explosives in halo. Remote mines, proximity, and trip mines. This would add yet another level to halo. Infared would be cool to.

AM Static
11-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
I ant more explosives in halo. Remote mines, proximity, and trip mines. This would add yet another level to halo. Infared would be cool to.
Yeah, that would be cool. I used to love playing with Proximity mines in GoldenEye, noone could beat me. :)

I'd also like to see like weather changes in outdoor levels..
Fog
Rain
Snow
Night
Day
Thunderstorm
etc..

It might be pretty cool, actually put to use nigth vision and also include other gadgets, perhaps like heat vision and such.

TuffEagle88
11-30-2003, 02:21 PM
come on people!! this is Halo, not Splinter Cell or Mission impossible! I think that the timed mines would be cool, but lets not get carried away. Infared? Night vision? We already have night vision with the sniper rifle, but it really wasn't dark enough in any of the levels to take advantage of it. Now the weather would be cool, like if it started to rain or snow the plasma weapons would be less effective, the same thing with fog. I think it would be cool to have a few night missions. I think that this also sounds like a good mission: you are in a big city and making your way through a building to get to a sniping position where you have to kill a general or something, but he is surrounded by gold elites so you have to kill them really quickly to make a pocket where you can shoot him before he escapes.