PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live-

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Hi, i only have a 128kb upload, could i run two live accounts on that at the same time??? 1 works fine, but i have 2 xboxs, and my bro wants live on his. 128 is all our area offers.. does anyone know if that would work????

BananaMan
11-25-2003, 04:44 PM
it would work i've done it fine, i have the same connection, and we never get lag doing it.

Peepers
11-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
Hi, i only have a 128kb upload, could i run two live accounts on that at the same time??? 1 works fine, but i have 2 xboxs, and my bro wants live on his. 128 is all our area offers.. does anyone know if that would work????

I'm not sure. You're speed does push the bottom limit. I think you could, but I wouldn't recommend simultaneous hosting--or even hosting at all except for small games. For hosting (at least on XBC Halo) a good rule of thumb was 128 for every Xbox you host.

Pssst...this thread is better suited to the Xbox Live discussion area.;)

Ford Mustang
11-25-2003, 05:06 PM
You should be able to. Just don't get yourself into any 16 player games, though, as that will really strain your connection, as it is not that fast when divided in two. And you probably know this, but DO NOT host when your connection is split. The host does alot of uploading so it is definitely not smart for either one of you to host, and especially not both. :) Happy hunting. :D

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 07:11 PM
HAHA... Thanx a bunch.. You know whats funny about that XBC thing for 128 per box, I host 3 regularly and hosted 4 one time... Sometimes there was lag for the people, but then i just kicked one guy and waited for another and they sed lag free games... I think im gettin a little extra juice... My bro will be sooo happy!!!! what would happen if one hosted and the other joined the game???that wouldnt work.. right??

Peepers
11-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
HAHA... Thanx a bunch.. You know whats funny about that XBC thing for 128 per box, I host 3 regularly and hosted 4 one time... Sometimes there was lag for the people, but then i just kicked one guy and waited for another and they sed lag free games... I think im gettin a little extra juice... My bro will be sooo happy!!!! what would happen if one hosted and the other joined the game???that wouldnt work.. right??

With 128 upload you hosed 3 Xboxes at once? That must have lagged balls! I have 256 (and sometimes more) and on XBC hosting two is usually ok, but even that is sometimes laggy. There may be an exception to this if you were playing people very close to you, but even then...

Take solace, however, that for most games the upload requirement will be lower than it it for Halo as Halo was never optimized for on-line play.

bretman1234
11-25-2003, 07:22 PM
I have 256 upload and I can sometimes host 4 lagless, although not all the time. I think it mostly depends on the people who join your game. Some people join games with like 8 programs on their computer running and like 3 computers in the house online. Those are the lag causers, its not always the host. Anyway, good luck with getting 2 live accounts from one house. You could play your brother online!

MikeMan91389
11-25-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

With 128 upload you hosed 3 Xboxes at once? That must have lagged balls! I have 256 (and sometimes more) and on XBC hosting two is usually ok, but even that is sometimes laggy. There may be an exception to this if you were playing people very close to you, but even then...

Take solace, however, that for most games the upload requirement will be lower than it it for Halo as Halo was never optimized for on-line play.

no joke, you can ask people that know me on XBC... it was really weird... i think i am gettin extra juice... the 2 times i hosted four, the people sed 1 time little lag 2time - no lag, but froze near end of CTF game.. but normally i could host a 2 box, a single, and me, w/o lagg. dont ask me how... i was amased... i wasnt gunna try it, but my retard bro tried, and they sed it worked.