PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly?

thrAsher
11-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Anybody here use 'em? If so, what has your experience been like? Are they good, bad, and/or ugly?

http://www.gamefly.com

FragMaster B
11-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Haven't tried them. I am in the middle of a free trial with www.veegeez.com at this moment tho. The got me my 2 games to me in 3 days... Their site is butt, but they had the best free trial deal. I like FREE.

echohype
11-25-2003, 04:48 PM
I tried it once. It's ok. I sitll go blockbuster over it

KMSENSEI
11-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Good question. I've asked in the chat, but everyone said they hadn't tried them. I'll be watching the responses.:cool:

ScottTheKilla
11-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Gamefly is great. Ive been using them for awhile now. I have also tried redoctane and gamefly is so much better. I dont do blockbuster because they are too expensive in the long run and they hardly ever have any good games available.

Anyway about gamefly....turnaround on shipping is about 3-4 days each for me and im on the east coast. They get new releases within a couple days. Pretty much all games are available so no long wait times.(red octane never had games available) Games are in great condition with hardly any scratches. They sell their games for great prices used so if you rented a new release and youre the first one to rent it then you can usually end up getting a new game for $10-$15 off with a click of the mouse button. Website is designed great. They offer a 1 game, 2 game and even 3 game a month deal for good prices. Great email communication for when they recieve and send out games.

If you have anymore questions about gamefly I will be happy to answer.

gameaddict17
11-27-2003, 12:11 AM
DONT USE IT...I canceled my supcription and then they said i did not return a game and i know i did, and i called the post office and they siad it was shipped to return address, so...basically ***fly was just trying to get the last 45 BUCKS out of me before i closed my account. DONT GET SUCKERED IN:cuss:

theslayer45
11-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Is gamefly a renting service? Is it really cheaper than Blockbuster?
later :cheers:

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 12:32 AM
HHHmmmm.... Ill haveta look into it... Is it really cheaper??? Well, based on the previous doods experience, i might have to wait and research a bit more!

l Maximus l
11-27-2003, 01:56 AM
I've always been a little skeptical about on-line renting services...though, I've never done it. I'm not a big renter as is since I don't like to shove in games in my XBox from someone that previously owned it.

I mean, who knows if some slimy snotted punk kid sneezed all over the game and if my XBox will suffer from bugars?!?! :D

ScottTheKilla
11-27-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by gameaddict17
DONT USE IT...I canceled my supcription and then they said i did not return a game and i know i did, and i called the post office and they siad it was shipped to return address, so...basically ***fly was just trying to get the last 45 BUCKS out of me before i closed my account. DONT GET SUCKERED IN:cuss:

When i cancelled my redoctane account I waited till they had their games back before i cancelled to avoid something like that just in case. Im not sure if they did it on purpose or not but I was also very skeptical of online game renting sites but I can honestly say Im happy with them. Renting games at blockbuster was anywhere from $4-$6 a game for me and Im on a 2 day rental plan at gamefly for $21.95. So basically I can get about 8 games a month and no late fees if I decide to keep one a bit longer and only send one back. Its worth it in my financial situation.

Thats only like the 2nd bad review out of like 25 that I have heard. Maybe I lucked out?

JDHack0822
11-27-2003, 11:45 AM
I used gamefly for a couple of months last year. I liked it a lot. The blockbuster in my town has a crappy selection of Xbox games. They only get like 4 copies of new games. You can never find them. Gamefly has a lot of availability. It is only worth it if you rent a lot of games. The turnaround on shipping is pretty good. If you are going to use and online rental site this is the one I would use. I researched a bunch of them and this was the best deal.

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I've always been a little skeptical about on-line renting services...though, I've never done it. I'm not a big renter as is since I don't like to shove in games in my XBox from someone that previously owned it.

I mean, who knows if some slimy snotted punk kid sneezed all over the game and if my XBox will suffer from bugars?!?! :D

Hehe... Im with you on that, plus buying them is cool, cuz then you can start a "Collection" Im tryin to get to 30 by XMAs lol...