PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of Gamecube fans!

yall
12-30-2001, 08:35 AM
Yesterday I went to Media Play looking to buy a new XBOX game like Silent Hill 2, Bloodwake or maybe Obi Wan. When I went to the game section I saw the only game of these 3 that was in stock was Obi Wan. I approached a very young looking store clerk and asked him what opinions he had heard or had himself about the game. His reply was that he didn't know because he woulnd't waste his time with the XBOX. It was a stupid buy, and that the Gamecube was a better system with better games that was outselling the XBOX. I couldn't believe my ears. Number one this guys should be interested in making a sale not ****ing off a customer by saying that my $300 investment was dumb. Number two he was wrong as I see most Gamecube fanatics are. The XBOX has more launch games. The XBOX has better launch games. The XBOX has better sound. The XBOX has better graphics capabilities due the fact that the nVidia chip is the only fully programmable and also most powerful consumer level graphics card on the market. I don't know why I wasted my time telling this little 16 year old this stuff, but I did. When he told me the Gamecube was selling more I mentioned that in fact it was not. Perhaps at his store it was, but not overall. When he tried to point out to me that he would know more than me because he worked at media play, I explained to him that not only have I owned virtualy every console since pong, but I was also a computer engineer with a BS in theoretical computer science. So, finally, after a failed attempt to convince him that a DVD drive and a hard drive weren't bad ideas, I gave up, grabbed Obi Wan and walked up to the front counter. As I was walking away he kindly pointed out that it might be a good game because it was from the "same people that did Rogue Squadron for the gamecube and not from microsoft". Idiot. By the way, Obi Wan is pretty fun.

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-30-2001, 09:34 AM
LOL, thanks for the cheering up.

Hugh_Jass
12-30-2001, 11:37 AM
Well, you DID ask him for his opinion. ;)

XBOX Dude
12-30-2001, 12:16 PM
why can't store clerks keep their ****ing ideas to themsleves they should know better then to dis a product, their only purpose is to make a sale

Frostberg
12-30-2001, 12:21 PM
Hey, you need to write them a letter via planet feedback.com Media Play will prolly mail you a gift certicifate. As long as you seem frustrated and mad about them and say there is somewhere you can go where there arent bias people.

JAC
12-30-2001, 12:37 PM
I talk with this guy in my mailroom at work and he's got a PS2 and a Gamecube. His brother works there with him too. You should hear them when they come by the office to drop off packages. Every other day they say something like, "still like your Xbox?" lol I say, "hell yeah. I'm having a blast!" I can almost feel their pain when I say that. I truly think they regret the choice they made. Money's a little tight for them, so it was a big choice indeed. They even start spouting off incorrect numbers of sales like, "Gamecube has sold 800,000 and Xbox has only sold 300,000." So I laugh and say, "ok". hehe I never bring it up, because I'm content with my purchase. They bring it up every chance they get. lol!

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 01:04 PM
The people at our Babbages are real XboX boys, they know Madden Obi-wan and Fusion Frenzy sucks and they remind you NOT to buy it, and they tell you the good games :D Plus I know them all, so that might help :D

Smallz
12-30-2001, 02:30 PM
Why does Obi Wan suck? I thought it looked pretty cool, and i was a huge JK fan.

XboXGangsta
12-30-2001, 02:31 PM
I heard and saw the many bugs, sometimes its a floating lightsaber and sometimes the wall flash on and off, and the graphics, dont get me started

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Hey, you need to write them a letter via planet feedback.com Media Play will prolly mail you a gift certicifate. As long as you seem frustrated and mad about them and say there is somewhere you can go where there arent bias people.

Good idea Frost, I think i'll use this tactic next time im short a buck and need a sneeky way to get a discount! :D

XBA Staff
12-30-2001, 04:05 PM
I really don't know any GC fans...personally.

yall
12-30-2001, 04:30 PM
I heard mixed reviews of Obi Wan, but tried it anyway. There are some weird little bugs (if your a pc gamer you'll barely notice them) and the graphics could have been better, but they are noy bad. I've played it for about 5 hours now. Not enough to have a fully developed opinion, but enough to know that I have enjoyed the game so far, and will continue to play it. On the topic of the store clerks, some are good, some not so good. I have had good luck at that particular Media Play location, but I have noticed a strong tendency by the sales force there to push the cube. The one thing that kills me is that the kid tried to tell me rogue squad was a 'deeper' game than starfighter. Now I won't start any argument on what has better graphics or sound, but depth? Have any of you played both games? Rogue S. has the most simplified control scheme in the world. At least on starfighter you can control your pitch, yaw, and roll individualy, and not with 1 analog stick. Preposterous! Oh well, some people love nintendo so much or hate microsoft so much that they will let themselves be blinded. I wonder if these people that hate MS so much hate Nike? I mean at least MS pays their employees ridiculously well. If you are going to waste your time hating some intangible corporate entity, waste it on someone who makes a second rate product, in a foreign land, using slave labor. Don't let it affect your opinion of video games. I used to be an apple lover. Once I realized that all the good games were on IBM compatable machines, I switched and never looked back. Lesson learned.

Snoopy7548
12-30-2001, 07:06 PM
yea, the people at my babbages like the xbox. when i went to preorder it the guy said it was gonna be good. when i picked it up, the guy was like "xbox huh? great system". and today when i bought blood wake, i brought it up and the guy was like "thats a great game". maybe microsoft bought out babbages:D

JAC
12-31-2001, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Tyrell-XBA
I really don't know any GC fans...personally.

I guess you're lucky, because you don't have to put up with the odd behavior that I do by those two guys at work. I expect them to make their rounds sometime within the next hour or so. lol

Snoopy7548
12-31-2001, 09:24 AM
ha, i know this gc fan, hes such a loser in my school, no one likes him. hes a chinese kid with a mullet. he said that pikmin was the best game ever made and he was only getting gc for that game. and that the xbox didnt have any online capabilities. hes such a loser. he said that the xbox weighed too much, especially with a game inside:confused: ha, like we're gonna carry it around while we play games:D

JAC
12-31-2001, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
chinese kid with a mullet

lol I guess some things just have to be witnessed to be appreciated. I'm sure that's quite a sight! :eek:

Markus_Kalarkus
12-31-2001, 01:40 PM
oh my god!!! who the f-u-c-k would ever want a **** lameasscube>>>>>>>>>>????????????????/

JAC
12-31-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
oh my god!!! who the f-u-c-k would ever want a **** lameasscube>>>>>>>>>>????????????????

a chinese kid with a mullet

Frostberg
12-31-2001, 01:52 PM
Thats just wrong! Chinese people are suppost to have only one kind of haircut!

JAC
12-31-2001, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Thats just wrong! Chinese people are suppost to have only one kind of haircut!

LOL OMG!

Snoopy7548
12-31-2001, 03:57 PM
yea, anyway, whats the deal with all the gamecube fan*****es comin to an xbox site? theyre all saying that gamecube is the best, but if its the best, wouldnt they go to gc sites and not xbox sites? f***in pieces of sh**

Whisper
12-31-2001, 04:15 PM
LOL, that really made my day Yall... he probably still thinks the GC is better. I played Wave Race on GC at Wal-Mart just because I was bored... it... well it was exactly the same as the on on 64.