PDA

View Full Version : PGR 2 - Game that Rocks!

Rochey69r
11-26-2003, 04:41 AM
Hey All,

Thought i'd let you all in on how good pgr 2 is. there are reasons why its so much better now than its original and other racing games.

1. Damage system is off the meter! words cant describe how good the damage meter is in this game. It looks so awesome when u have been in a crash, and makes you feel like u have achieved something when u finish a race with that GTR-34 in perfect nick!

2. Online is unbelievable. not only just for multiplayer races but even in single player it uploads your time evertime and tells you what rank u are in the world! Multiplayer up to 8 racers go at it. All sorts of restrictions can apply, e.g. car class, country, laps, player limit..etc. IMO this is one of the most solid online titles around. With so MANY tracks and 103 cars (with more to be downloaded in the future) it will be hard to beat.

3. Custom soundtracks - click the right thumbstick and your cars head unit os displayed - left and right to change song - up and down to change music volume. Now you can change songs while in game instead of going to the pause menu.

4. Cars still look BL00DY good. now drivers sway from side to side as they turn the corner, making them look much much more real, they looked like robots in the first.

5. Sydney - at last australia is in a game on xbox :) some good tracks on the sydney circuit to.

6. Fast loading times again, so u rnt waiting all day to play.

Thought i'd tell a few of u out there what i like about the game so it may interist u in buying it. if not, i tried :) .

Ask any questions you like and ill try my best to answer them.

speedbuggy76
11-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Thanks man, I have heard many reviews of this game, all good. But your review has really persuaded me. 103 Damn cars!!! Wow. I'm gonna go pick this one up now instead of waiting til Christmas and wait til then to get RS3.

mattgame
11-26-2003, 09:28 AM
I know already. Isn' t it the best racer out there?

MerimacHamwich
11-26-2003, 03:49 PM
I am hoping to get the game for Christmas.

Offtopic, that sucks that we can't really hear eachother on Live rochey. Wonder why its all choppy like that. Have you come across any other North Americans that you have the same problem with?

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 04:12 PM
I should be getting PGR2 in a couple weeks...I can't wait.

But, I must admit, eventhough I am extremely stoked about getting PGR...for some reason, I'm a tad more excited about the release of Rallisport Challenge 2....just a tad, though :D

X-Fan
11-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I should be getting PGR2 in a couple weeks...I can't wait.

But, I must admit, eventhough I am extremely stoked about getting PGR...for some reason, I'm a tad more excited about the release of Rallisport Challenge 2....just a tad, though :D
u are crazy!!!!!!pgr2 is like so much better than rsc2 that they just cant be compared and u know pgr2 has xbox live so they cant be compared plus u know pgr2 has a very cool name unlike rsc2 so they cant be compared:p .on a serious note however i think pgr2 is a good game and will add to the increasing xbox hits greatly.everone i know that owns it cant stop raving abt the game.i will never buy it however since i dont like car racing games.

No Fear 23
11-26-2003, 10:13 PM
i just picked up PGR2 and links today. pgr2 is awesome. but the sad thing is that i have to unlock them all for live :( , which i dont have time to.

i loved the opening of the game where they showed the red ferarri with all the credit captions rolling around the car. that was prolly the best graphic i've ever seen.

MuffinMan-XBC
11-26-2003, 11:36 PM
yepo im now addicted to PGR2 because of it's total sweetness

the muffin man gives 10 out of 10 and shoots anyone who disagrees

Sharky53
11-26-2003, 11:38 PM
i soooooo need to try this one out. I will get it this weekend at blockbuster hopefully. THERE IS TOO MANY GOOD GAMES ALL OUT AT ONCE RIGHT NOW! I HATE MY LIFE!

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 12:50 AM
THANKS GUYS, I WASNT SURE IF I WAS GONNA BUY IT, BUT NOW I AM FOR SURE.... 10 stars to all of u!!!...or somethin like that

l Maximus l
11-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by X-Fan

u are crazy!!!!!!pgr2 is like so much better than rsc2 that they just cant be compared and u know pgr2 has xbox live so they cant be compared plus u know pgr2 has a very cool name unlike rsc2 so they cant be compared:p .on a serious note however i think pgr2 is a good game and will add to the increasing xbox hits greatly.everone i know that owns it cant stop raving abt the game.i will never buy it however since i dont like car racing games.

lol, dude...for a second there, I thought you were serious :D I mean, RSC2 isn't even out yet!

I'm having a difficult time trying to hold myself in my patience.... Ahhhh....two more weeks.........

Dark Enemy
11-27-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
i just picked up PGR2 and links today. pgr2 is awesome. but the sad thing is that i have to unlock them all for live :( , which i dont have time to.

i loved the opening of the game where they showed the red ferarri with all the credit captions rolling around the car. that was prolly the best graphic i've ever seen.

I dont have time to unlock, or sometimes im just to lazt to unlock stuff and I go straight for the multiplay. But this game is a different thing. 5 hours pass by like seconds when im unlocking the stuff. Its very addicting.

Rochey69r
11-27-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by speedbuggy76
Thanks man, I have heard many reviews of this game, all good. But your review has really persuaded me. 103 Damn cars!!! Wow. I'm gonna go pick this one up now instead of waiting til Christmas and wait til then to get RS3.

Nice mate, ive added your gamertag to my friends list. we will be able to play together soon :) p.s. u want to check out the showrooms (you can walk around in them freely test driving all the cars! and buy them if u wish.)

Rochey69r
11-27-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I am hoping to get the game for Christmas.

Offtopic, that sucks that we can't really hear eachother on Live rochey. Wonder why its all choppy like that. Have you come across any other North Americans that you have the same problem with?

mate only some games are laggy.

most of the time pgr 2 is fine, same with moto gp and sof 2 others are bad so i havnt bought them. i only rented amped 2 as i wanted to see if it was laggy. it was laggy and also not that great IMO. same as first asically with no improved graphics except for boarders. only thing that it has going for it is its LIVE ability.

im getting CS soon to. we will play together Radrider :) and we will be able to speak :)

MikeMan91389
11-27-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

This is the same for many games on live today, but I dont really like it... I like Amped 2 also, but how am I supposed to be good at both, I dont have time for 1 career NEVERMIND 2!!!

mattgame
12-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Did anyone read the latest Gamepro? Basically it says that PGR2 is not as good as NFS. Also it says that NFS graphics are better than PGR2. Holla back.:huh:

No Fear 23
12-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
Did anyone read the latest Gamepro? Basically it says that PGR2 is not as good as NFS. Also it says that NFS graphics are better than PGR2. Holla back.:huh:

dont listen to them. theyre anti-xbox and besides OXM rated both games and said PGR2 is the best racing game ever and i agree.

WillyV2
12-03-2003, 06:38 PM
It is a pretty sweet racing game PGR 2 is way better then the first... Xbox live for it is fun too probly one of the best Live games yet

ShadowWolf
12-03-2003, 06:51 PM
I dunno, I played PGR, and it sucked so much; my opinion. I probably won't buy PGR2, or ask for it for christmas. I'll probly rent it and see what it's like. IMO, I think NFSU is better ;)

deophite
12-03-2003, 09:00 PM
This game blows the first out of the water

mattgame
12-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by ShadowWolf
I dunno, I played PGR, and it sucked so much; my opinion. I probably won't buy PGR2, or ask for it for christmas. I'll probly rent it and see what it's like. IMO, I think NFSU is better ;)

I respect your opinion, I just want to ask though, why does it suck to you? In what ways is NFS better?:)

monster1234
12-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Sounds like I need to get this game.

KillaCam
12-08-2003, 11:14 PM
I LOVE THAT GAME IT ROCKS BEST RACING GAME