PDA

View Full Version : Is compressed air ok to use when...

Third Eye
11-26-2003, 11:51 AM
cleaning the xbox? I see some dust inside, and I'm thinking I should clean it out. I wasn't sure how I should go about using it inside the xbox and was wondering is it ok to use?

MikeMan91389
11-26-2003, 11:56 AM
uhh... Im not sure... You might wanna try calling 1-800-4My-xbox.. they could probably tell you... is the dust affecting gameplay at all??

Third Eye
11-26-2003, 11:59 AM
It's not affecting gameplay, no. However I can hear the disc or maybe the dvd drive making odd noises. Sounds to me like it's struggling. So I opened it up and looked around, damn it's dusty in there. I have a launch console btw.

MikeMan91389
11-26-2003, 12:23 PM
I dont no, you prolly shouldnt try anything until u get a deff. answer, wouldnt a compressed air blower push it farther back? Maybe u could invent a teeny sucking thing like a vaccum for xbox and then they'd give you a new one with live and accesories...haha...if its the original, maybe its just burning out a lil... not sure, sometimes mine seems to be workin a little bit harder than normal, and mines not as old as urs. I would deff. wait until someone educated comes along

Third Eye
11-26-2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll wait then heh

bigcheat
11-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Id see no probably with compressed air now I would recommend canned air and not an air compressor. Most electronic stores will have canned air and that pretty much what its meant for, to clean areas that you dont wanna harm........its your call though, dont want you doing it and then for some reason it doesnt work(maybe the box likes the dust :) )

Third Eye
11-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Yes canned air is what I have, sorry. And yeah the xbox loves to collect dust

JR Alberda
11-26-2003, 01:55 PM
the point against using any air is that it will most likely worsen the condition of your lense. Im not sure what to do, but I wouldnt do anything drastic. Hey maybe popl it open and vacuum it if you dont care abou the warranty or anything like that anymore.

JimmieDoogan
11-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Blowing air at your lense and brushing it are obviously way off the charts from eachother, I have always used Canned Air to clean my computer and game systems. I seriously doubt you'll have any problem should you clean your COMPUTER PARTS (weather they be a console or an x86 computer) with a product that is designed to clean them. If it's safe for you to clean your computer then its safe for you to clean your Xbox with it... you'll be fine ;)

mitch2025
11-26-2003, 02:26 PM
i opened mine too fix something and i cleaned it with compressed air and it workes fine

dd deeznuts
11-26-2003, 04:06 PM
you want to be carefull not to blow dust in the dvd drive and coat the lens with dust but besides that it should be fine. it really is a good idea to keep the inside clean

RagunCajun
11-26-2003, 08:30 PM
The warning and stuff say DO NOT stick anything in the vets or sides of the xbox. So when it comes down to it, dont use compressed air.

On a side note, i think its safe. But dust wont hurt it.

T-FiNGeR
11-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Should be ok...

Shorezy
11-26-2003, 09:56 PM
I did it all the time till the can ran out of juice. I used it so much i finished her off in a matter of weeks. My xbox is horrible. Meh, i still love her. But yeah dude, no worries let it fly.

Prankster101
11-26-2003, 09:59 PM
You might want to call xbox support and just ask them to see what they say but i think it should work.