PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo

Trento52
11-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Tecmo is an awsome developer and i love there games, dead or alive 3, fatal frame, dead or alive beach volleyball, and can't wait for ninja gaiden but why would they pick the xbox over the ps2. Or why not all systems to make more money. They do a great job on there gorgeous games but why would they pick the xbox only.

T-FiNGeR
11-26-2003, 09:35 PM
It is their decision.. MS probably offered a contract with them to make only their games on Xbox for a certain amount of time, just like *Rockstar Games* with GTA3. Also Xbox is better for graphics wise AND overall hardware!

Flood
11-26-2003, 11:25 PM
they need to bring back Tecmo Football! man that series was the best

borka105
11-26-2003, 11:31 PM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$.

if MS were willing to pay it to EA & Rockstar, you would see their exclusives for xbox as well.

-borka105

l Maximus l
11-27-2003, 02:03 AM
I believe that it's more than just the money. The Playstation 2 has way more limitations...and Tecmo is notorius for making hot looking games with brilliant cinamatics.

Even when DOA3 is 2 years old....graphically, it blows away any PS2 title out of the water. Besides, the XBox is far more easier to develop games on compared to the PS2.

So, I don't think the mighty dollar was the only thing...I think Tecmo likely welcomed the opportunity with uber enthusiasm ;)

Shadow20002
11-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Yea... but i want my Ninja Gaiden this year.... :)

Unreal
11-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I believe that it's more than just the money. The Playstation 2 has way more limitations...and Tecmo is notorius for making hot looking games with brilliant cinamatics.

Even when DOA3 is 2 years old....graphically, it blows away any PS2 title out of the water. Besides, the XBox is far more easier to develop games on compared to the PS2.

So, I don't think the mighty dollar was the only thing...I think Tecmo likely welcomed the opportunity with uber enthusiasm ;)
I agree because Tom himself has said its not about the money. Its about the passion of having your visions come to life in your games. He has said that the Xbox hardware allows him to make his games the way they are suppose be seen and played. I like devs like Team Ninja because they are not in it for the money. What I mean by that is they could have easily went with the PS2 and made a ton of cash but they didnt. Did MS give them extra money? Who knows, but I dont care. I get to play Team Ninjas games.

Dead Or Alive 3
Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead Or Alive Online
Ninja Gaiden
Dead Or Alive Code Cronos
Dead Or Alive 4