PDA

View Full Version : PGR2 is the best racing game on Xbox.

Xbox Owner
11-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Seriously, this game is amazing. Offline is as good as online, for once. The graphics are damn good, (honestly, they're not as good as I thought they would be, but IMO, it's a better than GT3. Offline, you have the "garage" and "showroom"...which are both amazingly cool, especially the showroom. It even supports guests for online.

If you're a fan of any type of racing, I'd recommend you this title if you have Xbox live or not.. sure, it can be very hard, especially the sliding, but you'll get used to it in a few hours....:)

BTW, I do own rallisport challenge.

Xtreme Munky
11-27-2003, 03:07 PM
I agree. PGR2 ownz.:cheers:

lax_defense
11-27-2003, 04:21 PM
OMG, I want it so much... SO MUCH...so much. What's 'Garage' though?

odpr
11-27-2003, 05:00 PM
order it today cant wait!!

O

Zion
11-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Does PGR2 still have that same crap as PGR1..meaning that just becuase you finished the race in 1st place you didn't actually always WIN the race??? I don't see how they can call that a racing game.

blay
11-27-2003, 05:52 PM
I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this game...

Cryogenic Pyro
11-27-2003, 07:36 PM
This game is on my list of games to buy when I get my steady cash flow, which should be pretty soon because there is a dairy queen opening up right beside where I live, and guess who's going to pick up an application the second it even looks open? Yea, that's right. Me.

Xbox Owner
11-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by lax_defense
OMG, I want it so much... SO MUCH...so much. What's 'Garage' though?

It just shows you the cars you own, and all the other cars under like tarp.....

now, the showroom, shows you all the cars (but they're in different rooms - depending on who makes them... ie. ford has it's own room), and you can go through them by like "walking" around.. and you can take all the cars for test drives, etc.:)

l Maximus l
11-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Man...I have two more weeks before I get my grubby hands on my copy....it's a painful wait

nG-Punisher
11-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Yea Project Gotham Racing 2 is a must buy for the racing fans!! This game kicks ass..best racing game I've ever played.

BunnyRabbit
11-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Glad to hear that this game is so awesome... I plan to get it. But dang, I tell ya, if yall keep talking all this hype about all these games... Ill be livin on the streets with my xbox plugged to an outlet outside a wal mart playin my huge collection of games...:p

BananaMan
11-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Zion
Does PGR2 still have that same crap as PGR1..meaning that just becuase you finished the race in 1st place you didn't actually always WIN the race??? I don't see how they can call that a racing game.

on pgr1 it had that but you could also change it to like the person who finishes first or the kudos, i'm sure you can do the same on pgr2.

Chewy
11-28-2003, 08:59 PM
I am glad to hear this is a good game guys, but I have a simple question. Does it do split screen multiplayer? I need to find a good multiplayer driving game.

Thanks for the info guys
Chewy_27

memphissheik
11-28-2003, 11:58 PM
okay, here's the deal..I've played the game and was really impressed..

question though

what if any racing wheels are availiable for the xbox that actually

A. Work Well

and

B. Are Durable

Papke
11-29-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Chewy_27
I am glad to hear this is a good game guys, but I have a simple question. Does it do split screen multiplayer? I need to find a good multiplayer driving game.

Thanks for the info guys
Chewy_27

It sure does. :cool:

No Fear 23
11-29-2003, 02:59 AM
when i go into the showroom, i see several Xbox Live garages, but when i go inside, its all empty? what is up with that? maybe for downloadable contents??

Cloud Strife
11-29-2003, 08:24 AM
You know what. I decided to rent PGR2 on Wednesday when I came back home for Thanksgiving weekend, I ended up loving that game big time. PGR2 is definitely my favorite racing game I ever played in my lifetime. Because of that, I went out and bought the game two days later, but I can't open it until Christmas.:( Hopefully, I get a few other great XBL games for Christmas for I can get it.

I have Mario Kart DD but I'm playing PGR2 so much more right now.

Ninja Scroll
11-29-2003, 09:58 AM
PRG2 is foe da rich silver spoon eatin 90210 preppy punk ass beeootches!

Give da NinjaPimp Rallisport 1 & 2, da ghetto hardcore grindin joint foe da true gangtsa!:cool:

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey.. thats 1 on my XMAS List... What is the limit of people playin it on live... like in one race...8?

Xbox Owner
11-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Chewy_27

Thanks for the info guys
Chewy_27

Yeah 4 player. You can also have a guest online. I havne't tried either of those yet.

Originally posted by No Fear 23
when i go into the showroom, i see several Xbox Live garages, but when i go inside, its all empty? what is up with that? maybe for downloadable contents??

That's what I've heard.

Originally posted by MikeMan91389
Hey.. thats 1 on my XMAS List... What is the limit of people playin it on live... like in one race...8?

Yeah. Believe me, 8 is the perfect number..with 16, there would be too much people.

l Maximus l
11-29-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
The graphics are damn good, (honestly, they're not as good as I thought they would be, but IMO, it's a better than GT3.

Have you seen this game on an HDTV running Component Video? ;)

BananaMan
11-30-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Cloud Strife
You know what. I decided to rent PGR2 on Wednesday when I came back home for Thanksgiving weekend, I ended up loving that game big time. PGR2 is definitely my favorite racing game I ever played in my lifetime. Because of that, I went out and bought the game two days later, but I can't open it until Christmas.:( Hopefully, I get a few other great XBL games for Christmas for I can get it.

I have Mario Kart DD but I'm playing PGR2 so much more right now.

dang dude that same thing is happening to me. My parents bought me Counter-Strike, Amped 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, and Crimson Skies. I can't play them til christmas though.:cry:

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Ahh... banana.. u'll like em all... Meet on on live with Amped 2 :)... ill show ya some trix.. but by then ill have those games to... so ill prolly see u on live anywaqys

Hard Boiled Cop
11-30-2003, 07:53 AM
I can't decide which one of these 2 racing games are the best: Motogp 2 or PGR2. They're both equally brilliant though Motogp 2 has better graphics than PGR2 (the environment I mean). Looking at PGR2's environment, they didn't put alot of detail to it.

^ReXoR^
12-02-2003, 03:03 AM
How does Burnout 2 fare against PGR2? Can you play Burnout 2 on Live?

FuNkY mOnK
12-02-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
PRG2 is foe da rich silver spoon eatin 90210 preppy punk ass beeootches!

Give da NinjaPimp Rallisport 1 & 2, da ghetto hardcore grindin joint foe da true gangtsa!:cool:
Now I’m far from preppy and very far from 90210 zip code, but I'll take an enzo with live competition over Rally anytime. Dirt is for Hogs to keep cool and Kids to make mud pies. ;)

FuNkY mOnK
12-02-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
I can't decide which one of these 2 racing games are the best: Motogp 2 or PGR2. They're both equally brilliant though Motogp 2 has better graphics than PGR2 (the environment I mean). Looking at PGR2's environment, they didn't put alot of detail to it. If you need racers to raise your aggression level, look no further then PGR2 and MotoGp2 Both are white-knuckle breath holding racing. Oh, one more thing, an airflow controller would be highly recommended.

Hard Boiled Cop
12-02-2003, 02:28 PM
I feel that Motogp 2 is slightly better than PGR2. Even the magazines says it. OXM: the UK version gave PGR2 a 9.3 and motogp 2 a 9.4. But they are both very competitive