PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Demo Disc

Hugopolo
11-27-2003, 06:39 PM
I was looking in the adds today and i saw that at circiut city if u buy an Xbox it comes with a "Halo 2 demo" disc is this for real or is it the stupid thing i got with brute force?

mitch2025
11-27-2003, 06:57 PM
i dont think that is will actualy be a playable demo but the E3 demo video

Variation-XBA
11-28-2003, 12:38 AM
There is no demo... give up hope now :P

TuffEagle88
11-28-2003, 10:56 AM
yea it must be the trailer from E3 because they aren't going to release a demo disk for Halo2.

Xbox Owner
11-28-2003, 11:30 AM
It's only trailers, it's been out since like October.

LiquidX
11-28-2003, 04:24 PM
EDITED FOR FEAR OF PUNISHMENT

l Maximus l
11-28-2003, 04:58 PM
If there was a playable demo of Halo 2 available, it would be all over the internet. It's likely E3 videos and stuff :)

LiquidX
11-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Why dont you tell us what else you XBA people know about a Halo 2 Demo...:D

BlackPlague
11-28-2003, 06:47 PM
yeap no demo like the guys above said. just trailers and footage. i saw the box today during my 1 1/2 (:mad: ) hour wait at best buy.

Double_Diablo
11-28-2003, 08:54 PM
no
they lie
bungie will not be beta testing halo 2 in any way
and due to come out march or april 2004 i dont think they will release a demo disc

Frink
11-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Double_Diablo
no
they lie
bungie will not be beta testing halo 2 in any way
and due to come out march or april 2004 i dont think they will release a demo disc Bungie will not be beta testing Halo 2? Wow, prepare for the buggiest game of all time. All games, no matter how low budget, are beta tested...or else they'd be barely playable. I have a feeling you are referring to an open beta (similar to Xbox Live) and if you are I agree with you. If you really feel there will be no beta testing you are most certainly not correct.

TuffEagle88
11-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Frink-XBA
Bungie will not be beta testing Halo 2? Wow, prepare for the buggiest game of all time. All games, no matter how low budget, are beta tested...or else they'd be barely playable. I have a feeling you are referring to an open beta (similar to Xbox Live) and if you are I agree with you. If you really feel there will be no beta testing you are most certainly not correct.

at the bungie website they said that there won't be a public beta testing. The designers and other bungie employees working on Halo2 and their families will be testing it.

2/12/2003 1:59 PM , by SketchFactor
Q Will there be a public beta test for Halo 2?
A Unfortunately, No. Halo 2 will undergo rigorous internal testing but it will not be available to the public. Anyone who claims to have a beta copy or to be a participant in the beta test other than a Bungie employee is pulling your leg.

click here for the rest (http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=16)

Duke
11-29-2003, 09:53 AM
As far as I know, console games rarely, if ever, have an open beta.

No surprise there, but thanks for the post anyway tuff, maybe (but not likely) will stop a few threads about that being started.

BTW, seems at least one person was confused, a demo does not amount to an open beta. But I doubt we'll see a demo either.

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 01:07 PM
Here is what my friend said.

(HES A BETA TESTER)HES SAD HE DUSNT GET TO PLAY IT :)

---CLOSED BETA TESTING---
-You do it in front of the people at their facilities
1. so they know exactly how you like it.
2. so you can't pirate copies (DVD-R)

I have heard that this is what is happening in Washington...

LiquidX
11-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Your friend is an idiot! Bungie has said there wil be NO OUTSIDE BETA TESTING!

BinaryXtreme
11-29-2003, 08:25 PM
No, it is definitely not playable but it looks great! It was included in XBOX magazine in October I think.

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Your friend is an idiot! Bungie has said there wil be NO OUTSIDE BETA TESTING!

Im not saying he isnt.... but he described INSIDE beta testing.... not OUTSIDE beta testing.... WHO's the IDIOT now Liquid hahahahhahhaha

:D :D :D

Im just messin with yah brotha :cheers:

canadianboi3
11-30-2003, 01:10 AM
I was excited hoping to hear there would be actual a game to play. Oh well, I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a little longer for it to be released.:(

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
I was excited hoping to hear there would be actual a game to play. Oh well, I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a little longer for it to be released.:(

How long exactly have we all been waiting???.. to tired to firgure it out.... THIS GAME BETTER BE SWEET

TuffEagle88
11-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

How long exactly have we all been waiting???.. to tired to firgure it out.... THIS GAME BETTER BE SWEET

not sure, but they announced the sequel at the "X02" thingy in NYC. It was some sort of Microsoft party. So we are getting close to having waited 2 years. But the wait's almost over!!:D

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88

not sure, but they announced the sequel at the "X02" thingy in NYC. It was some sort of Microsoft party. So we are getting close to having waited 2 years. But the wait's almost over!!:D

Heh... Im stoked... and i dont usually use that word :)

Thresher
11-30-2003, 07:13 PM
real question is: is it absolutely for certain that this game is on for xbox live? I bought the damn thing for Halo 2 the day it came out so I would have my handle and haven't even turned on the system since two days after.
:/

TuffEagle88
11-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Thresher
real question is: is it absolutely for certain that this game is on for xbox live? I bought the damn thing for Halo 2 the day it came out so I would have my handle and haven't even turned on the system since two days after.
:/

yea it is. goto that site I posted earlier and at the faq about Halo2 they have an interview with a designer or programmer or somebody working on Halo2 and he said that it will definately be on live and u will be able to use the headset communicator.

KillerClowns
11-30-2003, 08:09 PM
i have it

TuffEagle88
11-30-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by KillerClowns
i have it

what Halo2? cool. I'm sure you do have Halo2. That must be a lot of fun. Where did you ever get that from? Did santa bring it to you.

comeon people, humor the poor kid, hes obviously lost his mind. ;)

note: I'm just screwing with you dude don't take it personal. alright?

E Nomini Patri
11-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
note: I'm just screwing with you dude don't take it personal. alright?

If he's going to say something like that then he's obviously not afraid of what people are going to say to him.

Hey Mikeman I still don't believe anything you say about your "source" so I will just ignore what you say about it to save myself the effort. Nothing personal, I just think it's a waste of time.

LINKINPARK8591
11-30-2003, 11:36 PM
i heared it was just the trailers of halo2