PDA

View Full Version : Got MY XBOX WOW!!!!

Satch
12-30-2001, 03:48 PM
Well i got one for christmas. i have spent most of my free time playing it so i havent told you guys. wow!!! it is as solid as a rock. not a single glitch. i have ssx tricky and HALO!!!!!! HALO must be the best game i have ever played. the graphics are better than i had ever expected. man, xbox is just to cool. im so glad i got one. now i feel more at home here since i finally got one lol....im getting bloodwake next...is this a good decision. thanks yaw!!

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 03:54 PM
Right on Satch!

happy to hear you are in love with you brand new xbox!
I dont know if it's the best game ever, but Halo has my vote for game of the year overall! :)

Satch
12-30-2001, 04:08 PM
yes yes yes halo is extremely awesome! man look at the ice on the game (like where a lake is frozen over) very very very realistic. then look down at the ice and shoot it with like the assault rifle. watch how is cracks and stuff....looks exactly real!! lol
i also love ssx tricky. i can pull off some ***** on there! dont ask me how i do it either LOL!! XBOX ROCKS!!

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-30-2001, 05:53 PM
Well, I'm glad for ya, Have Fun!

XBA Staff
12-30-2001, 05:59 PM
Hey Satch, congrats with your Xbox. I got mine the day it came out ;).

Frostberg
12-30-2001, 11:19 PM
SSX Tricky really is a solid and great game. makes me wish it wasnt available for the GC and PS2 fanboys tho...

JAC
12-30-2001, 11:32 PM
Congrats on getting the Xbox. I'm loving mine too! Also I have Bloodwake and it's a lot of fun. Well, enjoy. :D

Pimpn419
12-31-2001, 01:50 AM
BloodWake has to be one my favorite games! It's pretty much tied with Halo for me.. If you think Halo has good graphics than wait until you see BloodWake, not to mention the game play Is ssswwweeettt!!! I really love this game.. I'm on the second act level 7 or 8 (?) and don't want to stop playing It. The multiplayer Is fun too, there's actually bots on this game (unlike Halo..). I also really like the pirate like feel to the game.. all and all.. It's a great game!

-Matt

JAC
12-31-2001, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
I'm on the second act level 7 or 8

LOL that's about where I'm at. I was a little busy this weekend and couldn't play it too much. I'm on that level 8, I think. It's the one where you have to sink the 2 ships. That one has given me a bit of trouble, so I took a break to go eat last night and couldn't find time to play again since. I should get off work early today, so I'll be sure to beat that **** level! ;)

Btw, multiplayer against the game's ships has been too easy for me. I'll have to check and see if I can up their difficulty.

Anyone know if you can unlock new weapons for your ships?

Pimpn419
01-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'm stuck on that level 8 two where you have to sink those two ships at the end of the channels. S***.. that level is hard!! I've beaten every level up to that point on Admiral (the hardest setting) and I can't even beat level 8 on easy (forgot the actual work the game uses for easy). I'm getting closer though.. If you beat that level you have to tell me how In the **** you did It. I have been trying going around to the left when you first start the level and blowing the **** outa those big ships with the topedo's and rockets (I've only sucessfully blown them all up once or twice), and then blowing everything outa the water In the channel. Once I get to where you have to blow the two ships up at the end I can't get In there blow em up and get outa there without dying. There's a lsland type thing to the left If you go around to the right.. with 4 missle launchers on It.. I've been trying to blow those **** things up.. I'll let you know If I beat It today!!

I have put the bots on Admiral and they still seem to be a bit easy.. It's still fun blowing the **** outa them though!

-Matt

DT21
01-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
Yeah, I'm stuck on that level 8 two where you have to sink those two ships at the end of the channels. S***.. that level is hard!! I've beaten every level up to that point on Admiral (the hardest setting) and I can't even beat level 8 on easy (forgot the actual work the game uses for easy). I'm getting closer though.. If you beat that level you have to tell me how In the **** you did It. I have been trying going around to the left when you first start the level and blowing the **** outa those big ships with the topedo's and rockets (I've only sucessfully blown them all up once or twice), and then blowing everything outa the water In the channel. Once I get to where you have to blow the two ships up at the end I can't get In there blow em up and get outa there without dying. There's a lsland type thing to the left If you go around to the right.. with 4 missle launchers on It.. I've been trying to blow those **** things up.. I'll let you know If I beat It today!!

-Matt
I beat that level by going through the delta or something like that. Blow up the turrets on the way. Once you get to the harbor where the 2 boats are then boost up to the 2 boats and blow the crap out of em. When trying to destroy the 2 boats, hide behind them so the turrets hit those boats. After that, get your boat out of there, which is the hardest part.

JAC
01-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Man I'm going to have to try that hiding behind the two boats thing, because doing it straight up is getting my ass kicked and sorta getting me sick of the game. Like you said it was smooth sailing up until this level! sheesh!

Pimpn419
01-01-2002, 09:16 PM
I think the farthest I got on that level was when I hid behind the two boats.. since then I haven't had too much time to play my game, but hopefully tonight I will and I will beat it..

-Matt

JAC
01-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Man, I've given up on that for now. I've played level 8 about 15-20 times. I've tried racing up to those two ships as fast as I can and getting behind them, but even going so fast that I don't even take out the enemies along the way... they still end up sailing away and I don't get them killed fast enough. It's just too frustrating when those huge weapons get shot at you like nukes and you die so fast. I'm putting that "story mode" part of that game on hold for now. sheesh!

DT21
01-02-2002, 12:40 AM
If you're low on health, there are 2 or 3 boats around the boats you need to destroy and you can blow those boats pretty easily since they're stationary and don't attack you. When you sink the 2 boats you need to sink and have a slight green health bar, boost your boat back through the delta. There are a couple of boats on the way out, but shouldn't be too tough. Also, make sure you've taken out the turrets the first time you go through the delta.

Now to anyone who's on the last level, how the heck do you beat that level!?

Pimpn419
01-02-2002, 03:39 PM
I've just beaten level 8 on act 2 on the easiest difficutly and then breezed through levels 9 & 10. Now I'm trying to beat level 8 on the medium difficulty.

-Matt

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey, Satch...dude, you know what's crazy? The feeling never goes away :D It's one and a half months after the launch and I still feel like a hopscotch skipping school girl :D

Hugh_Jass
01-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Hey, Satch...dude, you know what's crazy? The feeling never goes away :D It's one and a half months after the launch and I still feel like a hopscotch skipping school girl :D

ahhhh....so THAT explains the panties you're wearing.