PDA

View Full Version : No NCAA Football 2003 for Xbox?

XBA Staff
12-30-2001, 04:21 PM
This is a quote from http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa/

This company, EASports that is, is one neat little gig. I contacted my guys inside and asked them on the status of a version on all the platforms and they said only a PS2 and PC version is planned. The first official details and screens of the 2003 version will be released sometime around E3 which is in May. It was short and sweet but I gotta go recover from Christmas, I'm adding soem stuff to the site today, be sure to check that out.

What do you guys think?

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 04:26 PM
What do I think? I dont care at all. I think EA Sports has sucked since the end of the Genesis when they just started porting and rehashing everything and it's grandmother!

It's all good cause Sega will bring over their own college game with NCAA 2K3 in the fall of 2002! Whoooooooooo! :D

XBA Staff
12-30-2001, 04:35 PM
What do I think? I dont care at all. I think EA Sports has sucked since the end of the Genesis when they just started porting and rehashing everything and it's grandmother!

It's all good cause Sega will bring over their own college game with NCAA 2K3 in the fall of 2002! Whoooooooooo!

Yeah, Also I'm hoping that Microsoft makes a NCAA game using the Fever engine. Atleast that's what I'm hoping for ;).

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 04:41 PM
Good thought, I dont see it happening in 2002 but you never know. All Microsoft has to do is license the NCAA schools and run it off of Fever's engine.
The only thing is they would have to add in the "option" plays, which is not an easy task.
Im still hopeful for the NCAA2K3 though!

XBA Staff
12-30-2001, 05:13 PM
I don't mean to be a pain in a butt but have you played Sega's NCAA2002 game? I mean it sucked, only seniors can leave, only 14 school bands out off 114, also the dynasty mode was crap compared to EA's.

But I'm just hoping that Sega gets with the game and get's the Official BCS lincene and all school fight songs and stuff like that to make their game better.

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-30-2001, 07:41 PM
Who Cares? No NCAA ****. Oh NO! :rolleyes:

Ninja Scroll
12-30-2001, 08:52 PM
Tyrell, if im not mistaking, I believe EA has the rights to the BCS license exclusively. That's why Sega was unable to add any of those bowls into their NCAA title.

XBA Staff
12-31-2001, 10:56 AM
Tyrell, if im not mistaking, I believe EA has the rights to the BCS license exclusively. That's why Sega was unable to add any of those bowls into their NCAA title.

Well if that's the case then, then I might as well just buy NCAA Football 2003 for my PC, because NCAA won't be actually real if it doesn't have BCS and the BCS Bowls.

Ninja Scroll
12-31-2001, 02:51 PM
Do what you gotta do, but I do understand how you feel. I honestly not pressed for a NCAA football game myself. As long as Sega makes the NFL2K series (which they are) on Xbox im a happy a the next winners of the Super Bowl!
I can live without a college game. But for the Xbox overall audience, it may hurt them in the long run.
But if PS2 is getting the EA Sports NCAA I dont understand why Xbox would'nt since all EA does is port anything and everything to any console alive!

scottmackey
12-31-2001, 04:18 PM
EA not carrying this game is making me STRONGLY concider trading in my Xbox for a PS2. I really can't believe they're doing this ...

AlBoogy
12-31-2001, 05:33 PM
Thats not true. Sega couldnt include it because they didnt have enough time to get all the licensing and whatnot. They sega game DID have the Rose Bowl, since im a canes fan thats all im worried about right now! :D

Anyway, if this game doesnt come for xbox ill be pretty ****ed off. I vowed I would never buy another EA game after they decided not to support the dreamcast. But I was going to break that decision with ncaa2003. So if it doesnt come out, it will reinforce my opinions on why I hate EASports.

XBA Staff
12-31-2001, 05:43 PM
Anyway, if this game doesnt come for xbox ill be pretty ****ed off. I vowed I would never buy another EA game after they decided not to support the dreamcast. But I was going to break that decision with ncaa2003. So if it doesnt come out, it will reinforce my opinions on why I hate EASports.

You are doing the same thing that I'm doing.

AlBoogy
12-31-2001, 05:49 PM
Hey tyrell, I dont know about you but i have high hopes for segas version. I was reading an interview not to far back and they were saying they wanted to do ALOT more with the game. But with the dreamcast they couldnt do it because they were still trying to find ways to compress information. They were pretty much saying that the dreamcast limited there creativity. Hopefully the can fill all of there ambitions on XBOX!

XBA Staff
12-31-2001, 05:58 PM
Hey tyrell, I dont know about you but i have high hopes for segas version. I was reading an interview not to far back and they were saying they wanted to do ALOT more with the game. But with the dreamcast they couldnt do it because they were still trying to find ways to compress information. They were pretty much saying that the dreamcast limited there creativity. Hopefully the can fill all of there ambitions on XBOX!

Yeah becuase I remember back before NCAA Football2K2 came out, Sega was saying that the reason that they only had the Division 1A teams and only 14 Team Fight songs was because they couldn't fit all that into the CD. But all Sega has to do is get the BCS licence, all team fight songs, the Division 2A teams, and a better Legacy mode and they will have what it takes to compete with EA.

Also I'm hoping that MS creates a NCAA Football title for Xbox using the Fever engine, that why we will have an NCAA Exclusive only for Xbox.