PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time...GO PLAY IT NOW!

Koopa
11-28-2003, 09:50 PM
I was a doubter when i first heard about it...but i rented it and all i can say is WOW...definitely one of the best games of this generation, if not one of the best i've ever played.

the graphics are great, and ubi incorporated the cloth physics and lighting tricks from splinter-cell, along with an INCREDIBLE animation system...everything the Prince does is so fluid, its artistic. there's no hiccup connecting even the longest combos of actions. i think my only complaint is that the lip-synching is a bit off...maybe to save localiztion costs, i don't know...and the hand-models for your sidekick princess are kinda odd at some angles, making them look n64-ish..but thats just nitpicking. overall, a very cinematic and awe-inspiring...watching the prince balance on a beam with the sunset behind him was just beautiful...
camera angles on the whole are great..a few odd spots where i wish i had more camera control, but nothing too bad.

The combat is also so fluid and stunning....through experience, combat becomes not just killing sand-zombies, but an art form..trying to kill as many as possible as fast as possible, and look as cool as possible while doing it all.. the the developers give the player such agreat sense of power by allowing them to, for example, slash at a zombie, backflip and hit a zombie behind them, then block an incoming attack from the rear, jump over a zombie's head, and rebound off a wall like a projectile, sword-first. you've never experiencing combat like this until you play it.

sound too is good..a nice mix of rock and middle-eastern sounding music, that changes appropriately when the scenery does.

my only gripe: too short..i beat it in 3 days..but they were a GREAT 3 days.

go buy or rent this right now. i can't stress enough how great this was..UBI Montreal is fast becoming my favorite developer.

Voodoo_Vince
11-28-2003, 10:46 PM
3 days! that kinda sucks Im gonna wait until its a Platnium Hit , thnanks for the info though ,

thrAsher
11-28-2003, 11:23 PM
I played POP for about 2 hours tonight and was hooked. My buddy brought it by to my LAN thang tonight and I have to say, very impressive. Now he needs to beat it so I can borrow it and give it a good, long look.

Koopa, did you write a review, man? You were pretty much right on w/ your impressions IMHO.

Brevity
11-28-2003, 11:47 PM
I noticed some ppl on my friends list playing it. I dont think its a XBL game but I guess its an XBL aware game though.

memphissheik
11-29-2003, 12:08 AM
The Hype is real people......

POP is a damn nice game.

memphissheik
11-29-2003, 12:17 AM
The Hype is real people......

POP is a damn nice game.

Koopa
11-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I played POP for about 2 hours tonight and was hooked. My buddy brought it by to my LAN thang tonight and I have to say, very impressive. Now he needs to beat it so I can borrow it and give it a good, long look.

Koopa, did you write a review, man? You were pretty much right on w/ your impressions IMHO.

meh i haven't written many reviews at all..maybe i should copy-paste this into the review section:D

PapaSKooT
11-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
I noticed some ppl on my friends list playing it. I dont think its a XBL game but I guess its an XBL aware game though.

DING DING DING! Lets see what he won, Johnny! :D

thrAsher
11-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

meh i haven't written many reviews at all..maybe i should copy-paste this into the review section:D

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :p

The Jackal
11-29-2003, 06:48 PM
yeah i rented this game this weekend.. its awesome

Koopa
11-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
yeah i rented this game this weekend.. its awesome

o ya i saw you playin on my friends list so i didn't disturb you:D people kept sending me invites and i kept telling them to feck off:)

# 1 Stunner
11-29-2003, 09:10 PM
so its playable online?yes or no? if so whats the online play like?

Discretion
11-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
so its playable online?yes or no? if so whats the online play like?
It's only LIVE Aware. That means you can view your friends list while playing this game. Also, they can see if you're on it. You can recieved and accept invites from the game. There is no online multiplayer though.

Peepers
11-29-2003, 09:28 PM
I used to buy every Xbox game that caught my eye. This one definately catches my eye, but between schoolwork, RS3 and Morrowind GOTY, I don't think I have enough time for a new committment. :p Maybe when it's a platinum hit in a year or so.

demonryu
11-29-2003, 09:54 PM
POP is a definite purchase for me, when I get some money.