PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty for Xbox

BananaMan
11-29-2003, 01:30 AM
- Publisher Activision officially announced today that it has signed an exclusive, long-term agreement with California-based Spark Unlimited to create a Call of Duty console game for GameCube, Xbox and PS2. The title, which has been in development since late last year, will debut for all three platforms next year.

The Spark-created console title will be totally different from the Infinity Ward-developed PC game, which is slated for release later this year.
Spark Unlimited, a 40-something man studio based out of Sherman Oaks, is comprised of 27 former members of Electronic Arts' Medal of Honor teams. The developer employs key members of the groups including department heads, technology heads, artist heads, and sound leads.

Spark's Call of Duty, like Medal of Honor, is a first-person shooter that takes place during World War II and puts a strong emphasis on gritty realism.

"Spark is an incredibly talented developer," said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president of Activision Worldwide Studios. "The team members have an impressive track record of making first-person action games. Through this alliance, we will be able to continue delivering fantastic titles on the console platforms for many years to come."

"We are very excited about forming this partnership with Activision," said Craig Allen, chief executive officer of Spark Unlimited. "Our goal is to create innovative titles that deliver uniquely realistic and entertaining gaming experiences. To do that, we have developed proprietary tools and licensed technology so our artists, game designers, animators, and sound engineers will have an unparalleled ability to directly impact every element of our game. Activision's commitment to Spark demonstrates their desire to support high- quality, artistically driven titles and we look forward to working together to create a number of really great games."

Look for a full interview with Spark about its Call of Duty endeavor in the not too distant future.

source@ (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/393/393643p1.html?fromint=1)

:cheers: :cheers:

MerimacHamwich
11-29-2003, 01:45 AM
At first I was excited, then I realised it was Activision and former EA staff bringing it to all platforms. That means no Live and most likely a poorer version of the game on the Xbox than any other platform.

For what it's worth though, the game rules on PC. Best World War 2 shooter ever.

BananaMan
11-29-2003, 02:03 AM
so far i've heard it will be on live...*Crosses Fingers*

Duke
11-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Eh, key is former EA staff. Activision did bring us RTCW, so they're obviously not opposed to live (even though they blew it on a few other titles)

As far as being poorer on Xbox, hopefully that's just secret EA policy and won't affect this one.

Xorg
11-29-2003, 06:07 PM
As far as being poorer on Xbox, hopefully that's just secret EA policy and won't affect this one.
But they are still developing it for the ps2 which will probably keep the xbox version from looking as good as the pc, since they will probably make it for one version and then port it, lets just hope they do what Ubi Soft does.

Best World War 2 shooter ever.
Thats just great, my dad bought it for my Friday and I cant play it until christmas, even though i have it right infront of me right now, knowing its the best WWII shooter ever just makes things better.:cry:

ShaDovV RyDer
11-29-2003, 06:23 PM
u have to resalize that even tho Call of Duty is going to be for all systems that doesnt mean it wont be Live enabled...i mean just look at IIX...or is it just downloads and stuff?

demonryu
11-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Sounds good to me, considering they cancelled B1942 for Xbox (which I really wanted).

AloneInTheDark
11-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
u have to resalize that even tho Call of Duty is going to be for all systems that doesnt mean it wont be Live enabled...i mean just look at IIX...or is it just downloads and stuff?

It's XIII first off, and EA doesnt suppourt LIVE, which is where most of the games creators are from, but hey, Activision gave us SOF2 and RTCW so why not COD?

Dyslexic Chaos
11-29-2003, 09:58 PM
AWESOME!!! I was just thinking at work today i actually wanted this game on Xbox. It is an incrediable game, and since my PC sucks, my only choice is Xbox for online. I do have a BB online PS2, but it is so lacking in options, i haven't played it in at least a year

Sheeyt
11-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Wow this is like extremely old news that I posted in the thread titled "Is Call Of Duty Coming To Xbox." Wake me up when you have some NEW information. :watchout:

Hard Boiled Cop
11-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Most of the guys from 2015, the one who developed Allied Assault are working on it so I don't think there will be a problem. And I bet you it is online.