PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting Xbox Deus Ex INVISIBLE WAR

XboxGamers
11-29-2003, 03:35 AM
I just Pre-odered it at my GameStop. I wasn't going to get this game because I thought it was just another shooter but I'm looking more into this Deus Ex and It's really sounds great. I love cyborg games and nothing really hit the Xbox untill now. Upgrading your cyborg and getting a great nunber of weapons in a non-linear story will make this game SWEET!! This game reminds me of a Sega Genesis game I had that was called "Cyber-Cop" and it was cool!

This is from the Deus Ex 2 main site. Go check it out!
http://dxinvisiblewar.com/

You have DECISIVE POWER to create your own experience in an open gameplay environment. With multiple solutions to problems, the game changes to the players method of problem solving - sneak, hack, bribe or kill.

Use biomods to customize, upgrade and exploit the superhuman powers of your character - see through walls, leap 40 feet into the air, regenerate critical body damage or render yourself invisible.

RPG character creation and advancement through choice of biomods, weapons and inventory.

Apply information harvested from conversations with characters to gain access to restricted areas. Or bribe your way into unauthorized areas using cold cash earned through completing multitudes of side-quests.

Experience the peerless action-packed 1st-person thriller that combines shooter, stealth and RPG game-play elements.

Use biomods such as Cloak and Thermal Masking to evade conflict and enter areas undetected by both human and bot enemies.

When subtle methods fail, fall back on a lethal array of close and long range weaponry; stun prod, energy blade, grenades, bolt caster, shotgun, sniper rifle, and the rocket launcher w/ cam-guided missiles.

Completing side-quests for individuals along the way yields wealth and reputation. Bribe your way into unauthorized areas using cold cash earned through your dealings.

Explore a deeply simulated game world, where objects, physics, sound, light and shadow are tools you can use. The state-of-the-art physics system allows for unprecedented interaction with objects in the world.

With multiple solutions to every problem, each game experience is unique.

A dynamic, non-linear story with responsive plot branches and character attitudes that offer you unprecedented freedom.

Variable game-play--multiple solutions to problems and support for varying playstyles.

Non-lethal, non-violent resolution to conflict, allowing you to make an ethical statement through your actions.

Support for stealth game-play, with darkness and sound affecting enemy awareness.

Interactive conversations - all with full audio - offer meaningful, plot-relevant dialogue choices.

A globe-hopping adventure that takes you from the United States to Egypt, Germany, and Antarctica.

This game looks so cool!

http://dxinvisiblewar.com/screenshots/08.jpg
http://dxinvisiblewar.com/screenshots/05.jpg
http://dxinvisiblewar.com/screenshots/09.jpg
http://dxinvisiblewar.com/screenshots/04.jpg
http://dxinvisiblewar.com/screenshots/02.jpg

l Maximus l
11-29-2003, 03:59 AM
With the explosion of so many top notch titles, I don't know if I will have time for this game. Though, I must admit, it definatley looks promising.

I'm not a huge RPG fan and I understand that it has many RPG elements to it...which kinda bums me out.

Ninja Scroll
11-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Invisible WHO?!:watchout: :watchout: :watchout:

Holla at'cha boy KidNinja when Ninja Gaiden & Halo2 drop, Ya herred me Foolz!!:p

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 01:10 PM
I might buy.. It looks good, but with all the new games, ill try it out b4 i regret spending my money...

StudioAlex
11-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I'm not a huge RPG fan and I understand that it has many RPG elements to it...which kinda bums me out.

I would say it's more an adventure game than an RPG. Yeah, you upgrade skills and augmentations, but it isn't anything like a KotOR or Morrowind of FF at all.

It's definately a thinking man's kinda game, and it offers many variables in how you get something done, the fighting is done in realtime and at your total control. Just on the strength of the first game, I can honestly say I expect this game to be amazing and groundbreaking and a perfect example of gaming nirvana, but I don't expect it to sell well, cause most the time the mob is just plain silly. It will likely garner about fifty awards, and sell maybe ten times that number at retail.

Shadow20002
11-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Ninja Gaiden all the way.....

BlindSniper
11-29-2003, 03:35 PM
hmm, i dont think ill pick this up. Although it does look amazing, I would rather have other games anyway. Defiance looks insane!

AlphaCigara
11-29-2003, 03:38 PM
as a fan of the first deus ex, if i don't get lucky enough to win the one remaining copy of it in the BAG, you'll bet i'll buy it :cheers:

demonryu
11-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Don't have the money, will probably buy Ninja Gaiden first though.

Xorg
11-29-2003, 06:00 PM
I was going to get it for xbox, until I got my new Radeon 9600, it will probably work but I wanted to test it out so I downloaded to demo, but it keeps gettomg an error after it gets to 100% and it tells me to close all programs, empty my temporay file folder and check my internet connection, I do that it it still wont work, does anyone have this problem, or know how I can fix this?
any ways, which version runs faster, xbox or pc, I hear that xbox version fps can slow down at times... after getting morrowind for xbox and then playing the pc version I dont want to make the same mistake.

George89
11-29-2003, 06:53 PM
I am probably going to get it.

Unreal
11-29-2003, 08:06 PM
I am going to be all over this one :D

MikeMan91389
11-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Hmmm im stuck on a see saw...

Teeter then Totter :)

Hard Boiled Cop
11-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Deus Ex is ALL RPG. I'm a big fan of number 1 and I consider it to be the best RPG EVER. I am definitely getting no. 2