PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way to Hook Up My Xbox Online

demonryu
11-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Well, here's the deal. Thinking of getting XBConnect within the next few months (it's free and I don't have a credit card to use for Live).

Anyway, my Cable internet is hooked up through a non wireless router. The PC is on the first floor, we have a second PC on the second floor (which my dad had to run wires through the wall to hook up, was a lot of work), and the Xbox is in the basement. What would be the easiest way to get to the Xbox? Run an extension cord along the edge of the wall and down the stairs?

ShaDovV RyDer
11-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Well thats one way or u can always run the cord through a wall (if u got stone down there its not always a good plan)...u can also pay about 150$ or somthin like that to buy that nyko wireless hook-up thingy...hope i helped u out man...pce

demonryu
11-29-2003, 07:18 PM
$150 is a bit much right now, I might see if it's not too hard to go through the wall to get down there though.

Peepers
11-29-2003, 07:29 PM
My situation is kinda like yours. Just some Cat5 and run it to your box. I have to rewire everytime, which is a pain, but it's worht it.

demonryu
11-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by demonryu
$150 is a bit much right now, I might see if it's not too hard to go through the wall to get down there though.

Cool. If so I'll try to be on XBConnect pretty soon. Live I'd need the money first and I'd need to convince the parents their card wouldn't be charged (that might take a lot of explaining).