PDA

View Full Version : Probably Paranoia but ....

warriorboy0302
11-29-2003, 09:48 PM
This is prolley paranoia but my new xbox seems like it roars. All my friend's xboxes are quieter than mine but older. Is this just new hardware inside or do i have a defetive XBOX? Does anyone know?

AmpedRider
11-29-2003, 09:52 PM
lay off the weed/shrooms:eek:

warriorboy0302
11-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Monky
lay off the weed/shrooms:eek: oh, sorry man :D

ShaDovV RyDer
11-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Is it new or is it used????..if u have had it for a week then u should exchange it if it is still makin that sound...if u have had it for a day its probably just gettin used to the feeling of being "alive"...if it continues for a week take the reciept and go bak to get another one...hope this helped

Dyslexic Chaos
11-29-2003, 10:03 PM
the older Xboxs have different hardware, the main difference being the DVD drive. It usually isnt a big factor though, so your Xbox should be just fine. If you continually start getting Dirty Disk errors though (one of the main problems with the older Xbox's) phone 1-800-4-my-xbox and talk to them about maybe sending it in and getting it repaired. Apparently, you can usually sweet talk them into repairing it for free, even if the warranty is up.

warriorboy0302
11-29-2003, 10:11 PM
It's a new one though, just got it 11/25 or something like that.

Peepers
11-29-2003, 10:14 PM
I'd say paranoia, though some Xboxes are noiser than others. It also depends on the disc you have in; If it's scratched or if it's a game like M:GOTY, sometimes the DVD drive has to work extra hard. It could also depend on the temperature your Xbox happens to have at that moment. Sometimes the fan is running harder than others.

X-Fan
11-30-2003, 12:10 AM
what is it placed upon?try moving it to a plain surface.

bigcheat
11-30-2003, 12:17 AM
Actually mine seems to do the same thing..........ive had it for about 3 weeks now, brand new. It seems to be alil louder than some of the others xboxs ive been around.........not too worried though

Voodoo_Vince
11-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Mines kinda loud but mines a year and a half old , Ithought all Xbox's were loud

thrAsher
11-30-2003, 01:08 AM
My box purrs. :watchout: Whoa. K, that sounded a bit .... erm ... well ... :p

Peepers is right about the game, though, as the only one that makes my drive cry is Morrowind. You can hear that puppy firing up full throttle over and over. Otherwise, the box is very, very quiet. I wouldn't sweat the extra noise unless you notice problems while playing games.

Could also be that you're just used to the sounds your old box made.