PDA

View Full Version : xbox controller

unsining
12-30-2001, 07:47 PM
sup......i heard that there is a way to convert the xbox controller into a pc controller....i dunno if it's true.....it's because the xbox uses a modified usb port....i dunno....can some1 clear this up 4 me cause if u can that would kick ass.....some1 help me....plz:confused: :confused:

Hugh_Jass
12-30-2001, 07:52 PM
If it was possible you would probably lose the rumble feature. The XBOX uses a customized USB port that provides more power to the devices. Someone would also need to write a Windows driver for the XBOX controller. And someone would need to create an adapter because the XBOX controller port is not a standard USB footprint.

There are too many obstacles in the way to make it practical but it is possible.

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-30-2001, 08:03 PM
You would lose the rumble feature, because PC games do not support that feature.

LynxFX
12-30-2001, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002
You would lose the rumble feature, because PC games do not support that feature.

Ever hear of force feedback?

Hugh_Jass is right. You would lose it because of power, not support. Maybe with the USB 2 standard. Anyone know how much power it can provide?

unsining
01-01-2002, 08:02 AM
aight.....i got it....but basicly wat ur sayin is that u don't know if it's possible but if they do modify the usb 2 work on a pc the controller would lose its ruble feture......got that.....and they'd have 2 come out with a driver????l....that 1 i don't think so cause i run on Windows 2000....and wen u add new controller in the control panel.......im pretty sure that u can custimize an 8 button controler with analogs......C EVERYBODY THAT'S JUST ONE OF THE MANY REASONS WHY WIN2K IS BETTER THAN ME,XP,AND 98SE!!!!!!!

Hugh_Jass
01-01-2002, 03:49 PM
All hardware requires a driver...without exception.

Ninja Scroll
01-01-2002, 05:56 PM
I think the whole d@mn gaming industry is over reacting way to much over the original offical Xbox controller.
the first time I used it I did'nt know whether I was holding a big ass brick or a trash bag???
But after several hours and days, the controller is very comfortable to me. Everyone has just got to give it a chance.
The Dreamcast was a hated controller until after the first year when everyone just excepted the fact that this is it or nothing (unlessyo sell out to the 3rd party controllers). The same will be for the Xbox's. This issue will be rested in a good 6-12 months from now. :)

unsining
01-02-2002, 09:53 AM
NINJA!!!!!!!!!!1....do u even have the slightest idea wat we're talkin about here.....no1's complainin about the controller...in fact i luv it......there's no problem wit it....no1's complainin....we're jus talkin about if u can convert it to use on a PC........ i dunno wat da hell u're sayin but the controller's great.....i wanna use it on my PC also....so that's all i'm askin...if that's possible.....i dunno why u even came in this thread and said sometin that no1's even talkin about.....i dunno....is every1 else lost....cause ii thought we were talkin about convertin the controller 2 PC!!!!!!!!!!

RudedogX
01-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I'll complain about the freakin' xbox controller! I had used that "official" XBOX controller the entire time, and suddenly the **** thing starts vibrating and won't stop! I find that the buttons won't respond, and I start smelling (and seeing) smoke come from the top of the controller. I am not kidding for those of you that think that I am....I want to say that I'm done with the Official controller, but the pelican (although comfortable), isn't very responsive, and the Mad Catz one I haven't had any trouble with, but I've heard so many others that do, I'm just trying to decide which controller I want for my now third controller...

And before anyone says anything, I couldn't take the controller back because it was the controller that I got with the system. The system is great though...go figure...I guess it's better to have the controller go than the system huh?

l Maximus l
01-02-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I'll complain about the freakin' xbox controller! I had used that "official" XBOX controller the entire time, and suddenly the **** thing starts vibrating and won't stop! I find that the buttons won't respond, and I start smelling (and seeing) smoke come from the top of the controller. I am not kidding for those of you that think that I am....I want to say that I'm done with the Official controller, but the pelican (although comfortable), isn't very responsive, and the Mad Catz one I haven't had any trouble with, but I've heard so many others that do, I'm just trying to decide which controller I want for my now third controller...

And before anyone says anything, I couldn't take the controller back because it was the controller that I got with the system. The system is great though...go figure...I guess it's better to have the controller go than the system huh?

I like the genuine XBox controller...no smoke from mine. It's my favorite controller to date.

RudedogX
01-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I like the genuine XBox controller...no smoke from mine. It's my favorite controller to date.

Yeah, I did...till that little problem...

unsining
01-02-2002, 03:57 PM
As for your little smoke comin out of the xbox controller problem....HOW STUPID DO U THINK WE ARE????.... unless u soaked the thing in gasoline and set it on fire the fregin thing ain't gonna take up smokin...... 4 gods sake..... r u sure u weren't high on crack when this started hapening...... controllers don't start smokin never stop rumbling and stop responding for no reason....i've never....and i mean never heard such a stupid story.... ne ways....i have no complaints of that sort the only complaint i have is that it's weird that the black and white button r so small....other than that i haven't seen ne smoke....or never ending rumbling.....not even the crappy playstation 2 controller had that problem......im pretty sure u set it on fire....or maybe u're high on crack.....who knows...probably both

Big Ben
01-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by unsining
As for your little smoke comin out of the xbox controller problem....HOW STUPID DO U THINK WE ARE????.... unless u soaked the thing in gasoline and set it on fire the fregin thing ain't gonna take up smokin......

Actually, My friend and have had several controllers break... 2 of them were trick and one was an original Xbox controller. The smoke comes from overheating within a capacitor in the rumble feature. When rumbling for too long, the coil in the capacitor will begin to burn because of the heat, causing smoke.

controllers don't start smokin never stop rumbling and stop responding for no reason....

The Trick controllers are very lible to continuously rumble and stop responding. I admit, one of the Trick controllers broke because we dropped a couch on it, but the other simply acted as if it always had the left trigger pushed down and the left thumbstick pushed to the left.

not even the crappy playstation 2 controller had that problem......im pretty sure u set it on fire....or maybe u're high on crack.....who knows...probably both

If someone was high on crack, they wouldn't be able to afford an Xbox. Weed, perhaps, but not crack. As for setting the controller on fire, it would be incredably hard to do given that plastic melts and doesn't burn well.

Anyway, all that stuff that rudedogX said, could easily be true.

-Big Ben

RudedogX
01-02-2002, 05:17 PM
Well, thank you Big Ben...at least I am not alone in the experience of the rumble pack causing a total breakdown of the controller...as for smoking crack...or whatever unsing suggested...I've gotta agree with Ben...an xbox owner...would I be on crack? Maybe if I had a lamecube...but no...at most...(and I wouldn't turn it down)...weed