PDA

View Full Version : TV Nightmare.... HELP!

TFA_Dark_AsNN
11-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Long story short....sort of...... Im on my 4th tv now and I keep returning them because they are not working too well with xbox and ps2 etc. I just bought a SONY KV28FX68 100hz TV, plugged the xbox to it and while the picture quality is great, there is some flickering on the screen and its annoying. It seems to be worse on driving games or games that only run 50hz or something. Did i make a mistake buying 100hz?? I have 5 days to think about returning it.
If it wasnt for the flicker it wouldnt be so bad, but PS2 flickers as well on some games. The graphics themselves are fine, the flicker is like a refresh rate flicker.. but why on a 100hz TV? is that part of my problem?????

ie) Xbox TOCA race driver - the in car ****pit area flashes and is very noticable.

Burnout 2 on Playstation 2 - very interesting, when i run in 50hz mode the screen flickers like on TOCA. However when I run in 60Hz mode the flicker is almost all gone.

Its a great TV but I dunno what to do with this flickering it spoils the games somewhat. :( should i return it?
Ive been looking also into getting the Gamester pro scart lead but i think this wont solve the flickering only make the picture better maybe.

Anyone else have a 100hz TV???????

Any help welcome.

Thanks
Jase

AmpedRider
11-30-2003, 09:02 AM
are you plugged in through a vcr?

TFA_Dark_AsNN
11-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Im using an RGB scart lead straight into the back of the TV.
It isnt an official one, its on i picked up from GAME fo £9.99

the PS2 uses an RGB lead as well.... the BLAZE scart lead.