PDA

View Full Version : Charging for Downloads

Servo
11-30-2003, 01:35 PM
It's true, as of know it looks like Microsoft will be charging XBL users to download content for games. The price looks to be around $5 for each download.

If anyone finds me to be wrong please post the correct facts.

BananaMan
11-30-2003, 02:29 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie.jpg

but yeah they're only so far charging for that MA dlc, and i think it's because it's like the fourth or fifth round of it.

BigJosh359
11-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Expect this to happen more often. They are trying to get people a reason not to pirate games by offering something they cant get with a modded Xbox.

Shadow20002
11-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Either way, i still stick with the OXM. ;)

ShannonX
11-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
Expect this to happen more often. They are trying to get people a reason not to pirate games by offering something they cant get with a modded Xbox.

its called 2 xboxes =) but seriously. I dont really intend to buy any extra content when i can play pc games and get the same stuff at no cost. Maybe i would pay extra for halo 2 but none of the other games. They just dont appeal to me enough to actually justfy paying so much extra money for so little content.

bobby9989
11-30-2003, 05:20 PM
$5 isn't bad at all for premium downloadable content. But I probably won't get it. Another game with premium downloadable content will be Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix. I think it has a whole bunch of new songs to dance to. It'd be cool if you could take the songs on your Xbox already and make the steps you have to do.

morrowindGOD
11-30-2003, 06:33 PM
yea no kidding im like no way im gonna pay like 20 bucks for a total of 4 new downloads

Peepers
11-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA

Wouldn't there be an even larger incentive if the downloads were free?

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 07:15 PM
wow..im gettin a mod soon! but n e ways... the DLable content... its good stuff, but not worth the money... good by microsoft!

JKJKJKJKJK

dances with broom sticks
11-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I can only see paying for offline content.... No way am I going to pay for a new multiplayer map, when not everyone will have it....

I can see payin for guns because then you could still use them, that might actually be kinda cool. If they had a ton of guns to choose from, and you paid maybe .99 or 1.99 per gun, then you could have a specialty weapon set, just the way you want it....

PapaSKooT
11-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Servo
It's true, as of know it looks like Microsoft will be charging XBL users to download content for games. The price looks to be around $5 for each download.

If anyone finds me to be wrong please post the correct facts.

Not necessarily ALL future content will be $$

Kronicle
11-30-2003, 08:56 PM
They're totally screwing their stuff up. Now how are the people that choose not to (or do in this case) going to play with those that didn't or did download it.:watchout: Kinda screwed up concept if you ask me. They should either keep it free, or make it mandatory download and purchase (though I like the first option more)...

shawns20
12-01-2003, 01:30 AM
I downloaded the "premium" MechAssault content to see how it was because I really like "conquest" type game modes and it's actually kind of stupid. Everyone is just running around trying to change the color of the outposts again and again. The conquest mode in SW Clone Wars is much better than this crap... No really !!! SWCW is more like a battlefield with the front moving back and forth. "Take it" mode is just a CTF rip off. We would have been better served if they just gave us more maps for the existing game modes. Plus they wanted me to pay $4.99 for each of my 8 XBoxes... Keep it !!!

:mad:

^ReXoR^
12-01-2003, 06:51 AM
As a long time pc-gamer I would never pay 5 bucks for new content. These things should be made available for free to keep the games replayability longer. If they are going to charge for new content alot of people wont get it so the replayability will suffer since some people will have it and some wont. They micro$oft should really give this some more thought.