PDA

View Full Version : Kombat Kontinued...

X-Factor
12-30-2001, 09:04 PM
It's been a while since we've heard the phrase "Fatality" uttered in a fighting game. But that will soon change. Months back Ed Boon and his team down at Midway announced that they were hard at work on another Mortal Kombat installment. And that the future MK title would be exclusive to Xbox.

At this point we are unsure of MK5, but it has high hopes. Ed Boon promised MK5 would bring back the series to what it once was. Remember the glory days of Mortal Kombat? When MK was the King of all Fighters? Back in the day, no other fighter could touch Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat featured the best characters, moves, graphics, and gameplay. The series was pure fighting bliss. People filled up the arcades just to play MK. For it’s time Mortal Kombat was flawless.

Ed Boon has informed us that Mortal Kombat is taking a walk on the darkside. He said forget about friendships, and animality’s. The series was going to focus on just Fatality’s. Tons of unique, sick & twisted, gory Fatality’s. And thanks to the Xbox hardware they are going to look better than ever. The blood will look like it never has before. The stages will look amazing with bump-mapping, reflection-mapping, pixel shaders, and vertex shaders. Not to mention that Xbox can render the most amazing looking water. And with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, you’ll be able to hear bones shattered. The Characters will be redesigned using the power of the Xbox. Ed Boon said he is taking advantage of the Xbox hardware in every department.

Now we don’t want to see Dead or Alive 3 with Mortal Kombat Characters do we? We want fresh, new gameplay. We want brand new, never before seen stages. We want to see new, unique Fatality’s. We want the old characters in new fashion. We want new characters, with new styles. We want a blend of some of the old, with a little of new. We want a combination of both don’t we? We don’t want MK to sway from previous installments so much, that it’s not MK anymore. But at the same time we want the game to be fresh and new, right?

As for characters go I think we should see a blend of the old school characters, and a new breed of fighters. I think they should get rid of Tanya, and Kai from MK4. And they should bring back Fujin, Jarek, and Quan Chi. Shinok, and Reiko are up in the air. Isn’t Reiko just Shao Kahn anyways? They definitely need to bring back Baraka, Kabal, and Striker. But this is just my opinion.

I just hope Mortal Kombat can reclaim the throne in the fighting genre. I hope MK can rejoin the past once again, and be the King of all Fighters. I hope MK5 can “Finish” Tekken, and Virtua Fighter. Mortal Kombat will kontinue in 2002... FIGHT!

Miyazaki san
12-31-2001, 09:56 AM
Mortal Kombat is a must-have for all of the Xbox fanboys who only play video games that have a lot of blood and gore in them to look cool.

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-31-2001, 09:58 AM
Miyazaki San, Go back to gamecubefanboys.com or whatever *** place you came from.

Snoopy7548
12-31-2001, 01:12 PM
yea, go play some super monkey balls, or whatever it is. we dont need your opinion, when i want your opinion, ill give u it

Miyazaki san
12-31-2001, 01:29 PM
xBoXGaMeR2002-

And you go back to Xboxfanboyheaven.com, wait you're already there...

Snoopy-

And when I'm going to voice the facts, I'm going to voice the facts whether or not one child doesn't want to accept them.

Snoopy7548
12-31-2001, 03:52 PM
ok...
why the hell are u even on an xbox site if your a gamecube fanboy? what are u in denial that the xbox is better than your pathetic little purple lunchbox? go visit nintendo.com or something.

X-Factor
12-31-2001, 05:14 PM
Hey~ I started this thread so we could talk about MK! Why did you have to come ruin this thread anyways Miyazika San? You don't see me going to GameCube forums, and interupting your happy time. Just leave this forum alone, and go to forums where you are actually wanted. Go talk GCN with your other fanboys at a GCN site! Everyone should just ignore Miya, and talk about MK. That's why I made this thread in the first place! Miya will you please get a life, and stop checking every Xbox forum so you can make some meaningless comment?

The Terminator
12-31-2001, 10:46 PM
Mortal Kombat 5 is going to rule.

Hopefully this game'll be gory and sick enough to create the same kind of contreversy GTA3 did!! MK is the king of all fighters, and anyone who denies that is just kidding themselves. Yea I played Soul Calubur at a friend's house, and it is nice, but it just can not compare to what MK was at the time it was out. If they pull MK5 off correctly, it'll be right back up on its throne in no time.

I really hope that they include some awesome 4 player mode (maybe steal DOA3's tag mode?) so it can be a great party game.

Snoopy7548
01-01-2002, 01:09 PM
they should make a 4 player mode in which all 4 people are playing at once, kinda like a free for all, that would be cool

Big Ben
01-01-2002, 01:32 PM
Royal Rumble of MK... oh the joy... I just want to see all my favorite characters return with more weak plots like every other fighting game.

I wonder, can MK actually produce a fighting game with a good plot? Maybe they could have all their characters move into a house with MTV cameras and have to live together for 3 months completing tasks. They'd fight a lot then... It could be called "Mortal Real World Kombat" and stuff...

-Big Ben

P.S. - MK ruled and will rule again!!!! Muwahahahahaha!!!!

X-Factor
01-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Here is my MK5 wishlist~

1. A good involving story
2. Rich plot development
3. A good variety of characters (New & Old)
4. More Fatalities
5. More stages
6. Interactive enviroments
7. More multi-player modes
8. A cheat menu!
9. The return of Baraka, and Kabal
10. MK5 becomes the greatest fighting game of all time!

JAC
01-01-2002, 04:41 PM
I was a huge fan of the MK series in the arcades, up until MK4.

I really hope they bring back what attracted me so much to the series. :/

Miyazaki san
01-02-2002, 09:31 AM
X-Factor-

I am discussing the game. And you said the reason Mortal Kombat 5 would be great was because of "friendships, and animality’s. The series was going to focus on just Fatality’s. Tons of unique, sick & twisted, gory Fatality’s. And thanks to the Xbox hardware they are going to look better than ever. The blood will look like it never has before. And with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, you’ll be able to hear bones shattered."

By the way, I'm wondering where you got this information, because Mortal Kombat 5 on the Xbox will be a port of the Playstation 2 or Gamecube version. Going by the facts, which you don't know anything about, the only console Ed Boon named specifically in the Midway press release was the Nintendo Gamecube. To reference the other consoles he simply said "and all other next-generation consoles."

Just leave this forum alone, and go to forums where you are actually wanted. Go talk GCN with your other fanboys at a GCN site!

I was simply wondering how Mortal Kombat 5 was going to be the awesome game you Xbox fanboys are dreaming it to be. Just because "gory and sick enough to create the same kind of contreversy GTA3 did."

ShannonX
01-02-2002, 01:09 PM
ok, nough with the name calling. I see anymore, i'll start deleting posts and if it keeps happening, you will be having to aquire a new user name. This forum is for discusing fighting games, not about seeing who can make the best comeback or who can flame somebody the best. That goes for all the rest of the forums listed under games.

Big Ben
01-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Not to wncourage more name calling, but could you define what an "Xbox fanboy" is? The only time I've ever heard the word "fanboy" was a character on the WB show "Freakazoid!".

-Big Ben

ShannonX
01-02-2002, 09:09 PM
my definition of a fanboy is a "fan" of any console system who make remarks like "xbox rules, gamecube suxs!" Or a person who makes claims about a system that they cant back up with proof. They just say it kicks butt, and everything else sucks. Something like that plus other things contribute a person to being a fanboy.

The Terminator
01-02-2002, 11:18 PM
This word "fanboy" has always struck me as a stupid term, that just gets slung around as an insult when people get annoyed w/ others' comments, as Shannon said above, such as "PoS2 blows, Lamecube is stupid, Xbox rules all!" and all other forms of unintelligent criticizm towards other systems.

Rarely does praising a system w/ out dissing the other systems result in someone using the word fanboy...

And yea, this topic has pretty much been ruined... ]=