PDA

View Full Version : Master Chief's name is...

Servo
11-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Hahaha you'll have to read "Halo: The Fall of Reach" to find out.

Pool Of Blood
11-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Servo

Its bob isnt it.

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 06:18 PM
His name is John

Spartan 117

BananaMan
11-30-2003, 06:27 PM
hahaha...not a very 'hard' name for a guy like that...

morrowindGOD
11-30-2003, 06:29 PM
what did you expect his name to be?

Servo
11-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Some other spartan's names were James and Kelly.

morrowindGOD
11-30-2003, 06:35 PM
kelly?! lol they had girl MASTER chiefs? lol

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by morrowindGOD

R U SEXIST???? I HOPE GAMER_CHICK DOESNT SEE THIS! We'd get a 3 pg. rebutal..

Just messin Gamer_Chick :)

Peepers
11-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by morrowindGOD

Yet one more reason I didn't like the book. :D I found it to deviate from the spirit of the game far too much. If my MC in the game could do half the stuff John Spartan 117 could do, then I could play legendary with one hand!

Lucifer_Hawk
11-30-2003, 07:43 PM
kelly?! lol they had girl MASTER chiefs? lol actualy, they are called spartans, and if you read the book, the girl spartan can kick some ass

xbox genius
11-30-2003, 09:07 PM
i think john spartan is a cool name, well john coulda been a little more action packed, but oh well i like to call him Master chief best anyways.

Peepers
11-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius
i think john spartan is a cool name, well john coulda been a little more action packed, but oh well i like to call him Master chief best anyways.

His last name isn't "Spartan." He just assumes the Spartan designation after joining the program.

SPARTAN VI
11-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Someone call me? :watchout: :eek:

adillon
12-01-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Peepers
John Spartan
isn't that sly stallone's name in demolition man?

Hard Boiled Cop
12-01-2003, 08:20 AM
Actually I think it is from Demolition man. Good grief!

StudioAlex
12-01-2003, 09:40 AM
For all intents and purposes, his name is John Spartan, seeing as how his true last name was lost when the government stole him from his family. And John is a pretty standard action hero name, at least back in the eighties. Die Hard comes to mind.

RagunCajun
12-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Zack Morris

MikeMan91389
12-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Zack Morris

heheheh.. thats a good one... sH** gotta go, just the bus fly by.... but it aight... ill b saved by the bell :)

Evil_Icon
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
slim shady

crucialcreation
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM
ok ill tell u ppl all i know. i just finished fall of reach and im more than half way done with the flood. ok here goes:

his name is john and at the start of the halo game he is 31 yrs old. he is part of the spartan II project (i think the first one failed miserably or something). he becomes the master chief and commands his squad of spartans. spartans wear mjolnir armor, which has some sort of really strong alloy and also cloned the covenant's shielding technology. it also makes you much stronger and faster. some of the other spartans are james and kelly; them and over 20 others are overrun by the covenant while trying to save the planet reach. the master chief and some other spartans linda and fred who try and save the information in a space ship and get it away from the covenant. while they do this fred gets hit by a needler in his jetpack and floats away because they are in zero gravity. we assume he is dead. linda, the sniper spartan is hit by several plasma bolts and dies. HOWEVER she is quickly put into a cryo chamber and the master chief thinks that there is some chance that she might be saved since she is a spartan. there are also a few other spartans, some assumed to be on reach who did not fight because their bodies couldn't take the chemical enhancing procedure thingy that they went through. what they did was work in physics and other things in the military. there are also three spartans who were fighting so far away from reach that they couldn't be called back. there is nothing that says they are dead though.

phew! that was a lot of writing...sorry to all those who care about spelling and grammar.

Kronicle
12-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Pretty cool. I hope Kelly gets res'd, lol. Guess Ima have to get my reading back up some, dang xbox takes up all my time.:cuss: Ah, but loved times they are.

E Nomini Patri
12-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by crucialcreation
ok ill tell u ppl all i know. i just finished fall of reach and im more than half way done with the flood. ok here goes:

his name is john and at the start of the halo game he is 31 yrs old. he is part of the spartan II project (i think the first one failed miserably or something). he becomes the master chief and commands his squad of spartans. spartans wear mjolnir armor, which has some sort of really strong alloy and also cloned the covenant's shielding technology. it also makes you much stronger and faster. some of the other spartans are james and kelly; them and over 20 others are overrun by the covenant while trying to save the planet reach. the master chief and some other spartans linda and fred who try and save the information in a space ship and get it away from the covenant. while they do this fred gets hit by a needler in his jetpack and floats away because they are in zero gravity. we assume he is dead. linda, the sniper spartan is hit by several plasma bolts and dies. HOWEVER she is quickly put into a cryo chamber and the master chief thinks that there is some chance that she might be saved since she is a spartan. there are also a few other spartans, some assumed to be on reach who did not fight because their bodies couldn't take the chemical enhancing procedure thingy that they went through. what they did was work in physics and other things in the military. there are also three spartans who were fighting so far away from reach that they couldn't be called back. there is nothing that says they are dead though.

phew! that was a lot of writing...sorry to all those who care about spelling and grammar.

Hehe, it was James that got hit his jetpack punctured by a Needler :)

CMX Jedi
12-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Servo

its trever (at least one of them)

crucialcreation
12-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Hehe, it was James that got hit his jetpack punctured by a Needler :)
yea sorry fred died with kelly on reach. james also got his hand melted from the plasma cannons on the hunters.

J4320
12-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Why did Sam-034 have to die?? He was the strongest!!!:mad: :(

crucialcreation
12-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by j4320
Why did Sam-034 have to die?? He was the strongest!!!:mad: :(

yea i think that he shouldn't have jumped in front of john. i mean the master chief would know to dodge the big ball of plasma coming at him so why would sam do that? and i don't think they should have left him for dead i think they should have at least tried to go on to take the covenant ship over and give it to the UNSC forces.

J4320
12-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah!:D They are genetically enhanced super soldiers with outstanding stealth abilities..... If Sam just held in there, then John and Kelly take Sam to the main control center, then somehow deactivate the ship..... That would be kind of hard though..:watchout:

crucialcreation
12-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah!:D They are genetically enhanced super soldiers with outstanding stealth abilities..... If Sam just held in there, then John and Kelly take Sam to the main control center, then somehow deactivate the ship..... That would be kind of hard though..:watchout:

any thing is possible with spartans! :D

mordecai
12-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

Yet one more reason I didn't like the book. :D I found it to deviate from the spirit of the game far too much. If my MC in the game could do half the stuff John Spartan 117 could do, then I could play legendary with one hand!

In Halo: The Flood, the MC says that he is having dificulty fighting the covenant on Halo because he was trained in team combat. All his team died/went missing in The Fall Of Reach so it would make sense that he had a lot of difficulty in the game(plus, it's possible that your supposed play the game in easy for the real experience).

CharlieHustle
12-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Its john, i read the book a while ago, but it tells you a few times in the first couple chapters. Im lookin at it now, and it is John

StudioAlex
12-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by crucialcreation

yea sorry fred died with kelly on reach.

Oooh, according to the new book... at least in the first fifty pages... I'll say no more...

J4320
12-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Please tell me at least one Spartan survives!!!:mad:

StudioAlex
12-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Please tell me at least one Spartan survives!!!:mad:

Umm, Master Chief survives...

I don't know about the others yet, I'm only fifty or so pages in to First Strike, and I wouldn't want to ruin anything for anybody who wants to find out on their own...

E Nomini Patri
12-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by mordecai
it's possible that your supposed play the game in easy for the real experience).

No way man, I would have to say play on Heroic or Legendary for the true experience. Easy is in no way close to the descriptions of the Covenant in The Fall or Reach. Probably the only reason you said Easy is because Dietz gave the impression that the Covenant weren't powerful in his book. Dietz plays on Easy, Nylund plays on Legendary.

JediMasterChief
12-01-2003, 08:51 PM
That's a good way of comparing Nylund and Dietz. As for Master Chief, his name was John. The Fall of Reach was an excellent book.

T-FiNGeR
12-01-2003, 08:51 PM
LOL, Zack Morris.... I used to love that show bak in the day! Anyways, his name is John... not John Spartan!

crucialcreation
12-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Oooh, according to the new book... at least in the first fifty pages... I'll say no more...

DONT GIVE ANYTHING AWAY, IT'S UNFAIR TO THOSE WHO HAVEN"T READ IT YET!

oh wait...i just did that for fall of reach...sorry all! :(

anyway i could swear the release date for first strike was the 2nd not the 1st. mine should be coming tommorow :D .

# 1 Stunner
12-01-2003, 09:12 PM
yeah john really doesnt reallly sound like mastercheif
im feelin carson calloway...:p ;)

T-FiNGeR
12-01-2003, 09:18 PM
JOHN

Sharky53
12-01-2003, 09:38 PM
ya i do'nt have the effort 2 read a book...maybe if it was good

DocHoliday78
12-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Eh it coulda been worse then John. His name coulda been Cleatus or Tre

mordecai
12-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

No way man, I would have to say play on Heroic or Legendary for the true experience. Easy is in no way close to the descriptions of the Covenant in The Fall or Reach. Probably the only reason you said Easy is because Dietz gave the impression that the Covenant weren't powerful in his book. Dietz plays on Easy, Nylund plays on Legendary.

I was just trying to make a mindless point. Peepers said that the covenant seemed too easy in the books. All I was saying was that it's possible(but not likely) that legendary is actually harder then the series intends it to be. That would explain why the MC had a harder time in "Halo: combat evolved" then "Halo: the fall of reach".(although, as I pointed out in my earlier post, it was explained in "Halo: the flood")

SniperPete
12-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
His name is John

Spartan 117 Yup its John good job Mike for keeping up on ure reading