PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a controller

Servo
11-30-2003, 06:51 PM
A few months back i bought a 3rd party Xbox controller. It was a Trick controller from Pelican. I've been having some problems with the analog sticks. When my friends use the controller it will at times cause the player to move when no pressure is being applied to the stick. What can i do to fix this?

darkfusion
11-30-2003, 06:57 PM
In my experiance, you've just answered you're own question. Third party peripherals are usually a load of balls and are not up to the standards of the official stuff, hence the usually cheaper price. There are a few exceptions but it looks like you got a dud.

I doubt there's much you can do to fix it, but it's the controller at fault, so pick up an official one ;)

MikeMan91389
11-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Isn't that the truth! don't bother with the cheapo's... whats considered "2nd party"?????

CRAYMAN
11-30-2003, 07:45 PM
There are some Companies that specialize in third party peripherals, MadCatz and others that have a fine rep.

But they are usually about the same price.

Gamester, I think that's the name, puts out one called the Phoenix that is awesome in every way and it's only $20 at Best Buy.

I saw it at EB for $25.

I don't think Pelican has a very good reputation.

JB20_2003
11-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah as most people already said stick with the official stuff... I have had dud controllers myself from Madcats and I bought the official xbox s controller after. Anything official seems to work perfectly, definitly worth the extra dough.

Professor Kaos
11-30-2003, 08:02 PM
sometimes isnt it when the joystick is being pressed when you are starting up the box, other then that i think you should send an email or call em up

morrowindGOD
11-30-2003, 08:07 PM
send it in

KillerClowns
11-30-2003, 08:08 PM
yea i have no idea

xbox genius
11-30-2003, 09:06 PM
yeah 3rd party controllers suck. i bought a pro pad from intec??? or something... and its really big and buttons are not responsive and does that analog stick problem you have. just jab it the opposite way its going towards. i learned my lesson to never buy any 3rd party material, except for cables heh.

dances with broom sticks
11-30-2003, 09:06 PM
That happens with my origonal controller sometimes.... I find it if pull out the stick it fixes it...

Peepers
11-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Servo
A few months back i bought a 3rd party Xbox controller. It was a Trick controller from Pelican. I've been having some problems with the analog sticks. When my friends use the controller it will at times cause the player to move when no pressure is being applied to the stick. What can i do to fix this?

Don't buy third party stuff without extensive research. They're cheap, but you get what you pay for.

SiGuy
12-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the analog sticks need to be calibrated. Nothing you can do about it. Wasn't there a warning in your Xbox manual on how you cant start up your Xbox while the analog sticks arent centered? Ive had that problem with one of my regular controllers already. Drop it to much?

MikeMan91389
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Gamester is a good company... I bought a LAN kit of theres... Worked great till i plugged in the wrong adapter to it... FRIED it.. hahah... learned my lesson.. Dont try to find replacement adapters if u cant find the original

CRAYMAN
12-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
Gamester, I think that's the name, puts out one called the Phoenix that is awesome in every way and it's only $20 at Best Buy.

Yeah, like I said. The controller is called the Phoenix and it's great and only 20 bux at BB.

Cryogenic Pyro
12-02-2003, 12:36 PM
I don't know, some third party stuff is as good, if not better than first party. Take Logitech. Logitech's stuff is of insanely good quality. There are a lot of third part companies that were known, and are known to be cheap though.