PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Delays

Servo
11-30-2003, 07:39 PM
I've come to notice that many big Xbox titles have been delayed until 2004, here is a list.

Halo 2,Half Life 2, Unreal 2, StarCraft Ghost, and many others.
This doesn't leave very many noticable games for Christmas.

dances with broom sticks
11-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Servo
I've come to notice that many big Xbox titles have been delayed until 2004, here is a list.

ummmmmmmmmmmm RS63, CS, PGR2, Topspin, all the rest of the XSN titles, and a ton more i think. Im like having my titles spread out in time, so i can actually buy them when they come out and get enough playin time before the next one comes

SPARTAN VI
11-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Stow the belly aching soldier, remember you're a leat- oh wait...

Don't whine, as dances said, I'd rather have the release dates spread out. It gives me more time to budget between gaming and life, along with the anticipation of ripping open that damn plastic wrap. :cheers:

dances with broom sticks
11-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
Stow the belly aching soldier, remember you're a leat- oh wait...

Don't whine, as dances said, I'd rather have the release dates spread out. It gives me more time to budget between gaming and life, along with the anticipation of ripping open that damn plastic wrap. :cheers:

dont forget peeling off that little xbox sticker keeping the case closed

:cheers:

Peepers
11-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Servo

You do have a point: it will be a little anticlimactic when the best games come out after Christmas. But what can you do? It's not like the dev's don't want to release games between Halloween and X-mas, they just didn't start work on the games soon enough. I can be patient. I will be patient. I am patient.

SPARTAN VI
11-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

dont forget peeling off that little xbox sticker keeping the case closed

:cheers:

I hate that damn sticker, gets me every time. :cuss:

:D

Discretion
11-30-2003, 10:09 PM
I should add that Halo 2 was never delayed. There was NEVER an official release date to begin with.

Peepers
11-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Discretion
I should add that Halo 2 was never delayed. There was NEVER an official release date to begin with.

Although there has never been a precise date, there have been "periods of expecation." Missing those times can, by some definitions, constitute a delay. I would certainly say that Bunjie originally aimed to have Halo 2 out the door for Christmas '03.

Sharky53
11-30-2003, 10:41 PM
dont forget fable being delayed again:cuss:

but there is still tons of good stuff... i am looking at these for christmas

DDR
PGR2
Rainbow six 3
prince of persia
Counter-strike

and some others i can remember at the moment

Discretion
11-30-2003, 10:50 PM
It doesn't matter if games have been delayed. A lot of people are hurting for money due to all the new releases as it is. I think the delay is a good thing. We get better quality, and more time to make more $.

Trento52
12-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Doom 3
Fable

On gamespot tron 2.0 is canceled and i was looking forward to that on the box.

Kronicle
12-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Don't worry. Look at the bright side. At least they weren't cancelled or anything, they will come out. Counter-Strike was delayed, what...2 years before it finally came out to console? :D Just as long as I get Halo 2 before 2006, im cool with it.

^ReXoR^
12-01-2003, 07:06 AM
It is much better that they release the games when they are finnished instead of rushing em out when the games are plagued with bugs etec... Just look at the pc game market. Alot of times developers start selling the game almost a year before it is ready and try to solve problems with a load of patches.

colosso
12-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Discretion
I should add that Halo 2 was never delayed. There was NEVER an official release date to begin with. wrong there was a release date for HALO 2.the original release date was schedule for november 1th and NINJA GAIDEN is comming out in december 15th hopefully,but we don't know yet until TECMO make the official announcement today,so stay tuned:cheers:

MikeMan91389
12-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Guys its CHRISTMAS. We should be spending on others not our self... cmon LOL

ShaDovV RyDer
12-01-2003, 05:40 PM
I agree with rexor on this...almost everygame that comes out on the PC has patches because it was rushed out and has waaay too many bugs on it to even be playable...im ok with the later releases because of money, i no that they r goin to be almost bug free, and because well i like havin that feeling of knowing somthing great is comin in just a few months...cant wait till all these games come out...pce

CMX Jedi
12-01-2003, 05:43 PM
mabe theyr waiting for more xboxes to be bought b4 they relese them

Sharky53
12-01-2003, 06:17 PM
them being delayed is good..... they spend more quality time on them.... better then just rushing them out like other games.