PDA

View Full Version : What Happens to Xbox when X box 2 comes out?

Generation X
11-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Im getting x box This year for christmas. i heard that x box 2 is coming out in 2005. is this true? and what will happen to x box?

SPARTAN VI
11-30-2003, 09:41 PM
It goes underneath my Xbox2. :D

Discretion
11-30-2003, 10:08 PM
There are a few possibilities.

It will either go under my XBOX, or be sold. This will be decided when we find out if XBOX 2 is backwards compatible or not. :D

Peepers
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Assuming the Xbox2 can play Xbox1 games (like the PS2), then I will use my Xbox as an auxillary DVD player.

Caesar SYN
11-30-2003, 10:32 PM
It will modded since it will be a backup... paint it up.. etc.. etc..

Sharky53
11-30-2003, 10:36 PM
i will mod it up hardcore... and use it as a dvd player. and play my old favs sometimes... i still play my nes and sega lots to this day,

xbox genius
11-30-2003, 11:02 PM
dont worry man xbox will still be around, i'm pretty sure they will still make xbox games. look at the playstation they have games that were still made when ps2 was out for a while. but for me i might trade in my xbox and a few games to get xbox 2 IF xbox2 has backward capabilities...

dont worry tho you still have a long time to enjoy your xbox, i give it about 5 more yrs till the xbox dies. and everyone will be all xbox2 instead.

Pool Of Blood
11-30-2003, 11:22 PM
Use it as a door stop. :D

Ill use mine as a dvd player. Wouldnt hurt to have another dvd player :D

Hard Boiled Cop
12-01-2003, 08:33 AM
I have only one DVD player in my house and thats an Xbox. I'll use it for a DVD player instead. We should get to play xbox 1 games on xbox2.

Brnthngs
12-01-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm sure that Microsoft won't leave anyone out in the cold. They are in the buisness of selling games, so as long as there is a demand, they will produce more games. It will take a few years after the release of Xbox 2 before the gameing industry totally catches up with the new advances in the field. I do not know for certain if they will make it backwards compatable, but hopefully. Anyway, don't worry about it. Your xbox has many years of quality use ahead of it.

Dark Enemy
12-01-2003, 11:16 AM
If XBOX 2 can play my xbox games then it will probably be sold. Or just keep it.

smack_roscoe
12-01-2003, 11:45 AM
I'll donate it to a poor kid with the games/controlls. Like I'm gonna play X1 after I get my hands on X2. Yeah, right...

WrathfulPoppa
12-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Xbox 2 will go on the big screen and my old Xbox will go up in my room. Why would you want to sell it when you could keep it around? You'll get $100 out of it at the most and its DVD playback alone is worth more than that. Aside from that, it will have collector's value. I have a first generation Xbox and I plan to get the first generation of each Xbox in the series. Imagine having Xbox 1-5 in the same room at the same time... Sweetness. As mentioned before, I still play my NES, SNES, N64, 3DO, and all those other oldies but goldies, why shouldn't I add my Xbox to that list?

JDHack0822
12-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Unless Halo 3, is released with the XB2 like Halo was with the Xbox, I can guarntee my xbox will still be in use playing Halo 2. Among other favorites. After that I will keep it, if for nothing else as part of a collection that includes every Nintendo console ever made, PS1 and PS2, oh and Dreamcast.

Warchant
12-01-2003, 01:10 PM
bungie has already said that Halo 3 will be made for XBox 2

LINKINPARK8591
12-01-2003, 01:26 PM
well if not backwards compatible then i'll have a dvd player and a new game console(xbox2) i wouldn't really want to throw it away might as well use it for some purpose as long as it's good.

JDHack0822
12-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Warchant

That makes the most sense timing wise, for how long it is taking for the sequel. I hope it is a release title, that would make the most sense and would really boost early sales.

T-FiNGeR
12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Warchant

BullSh*t... Bungie has barely released info about Halo2, and your saying that Bungie said its gonna be for Xbox2... Maybe you heard that or assumed it BUT Bungie hasn't spoke a word about Halo3! Anyways, when Xbox2 comes out I am gonna keep my xbox cuz it's a launch one and has memories...:cry: You guys gotta calm down with the threads about Xbox2 and Halo3.... they wont be for ALONG time so enjoy Xbox1 now while it's at it's peak!! :cheers:

Trento52
12-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I will probably keep mine. I will be tempted to trade it in for teh new xbox 2 if it has backwards capability. A different reason to keep it is all my music that took so long to copy is on it too.

MikeMan91389
12-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by T-FiNGeR

BullSh*t... Bungie has barely released info about Halo2, and your saying that Bungie said its gonna be for Xbox2... Maybe you heard that or assumed it BUT Bungie hasn't spoke a word about Halo3! Anyways, when Xbox2 comes out I am gonna keep my xbox cuz it's a launch one and has memories...:cry: You guys gotta calm down with the threads about Xbox2 and Halo3.... they wont be for ALONG time so enjoy Xbox1 now while it's at it's peak!! :cheers:

Heh, i love my box [boxes]... Wish i had a launch tho! Oh well... Im gonna mod it i blieve shape wise :)

im ardy gettin one modded too!