PDA

View Full Version : What are they thinking ?

Generation X
11-30-2003, 10:07 PM
THe Quest pack looks Stupid! Heres what it should be. X box, dvd kit, 2 controllers,, 2 months of x box live and HALO NOT STAR WARS!!!

Discretion
11-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Generation X
THe Quest pack looks Stupid! Heres what it should be. X box, dvd kit, 2 controllers,, 2 months of x box live and HALO NOT STAR WARS!!!

Yeah, I bought a new XBOX and ended up with this. The problem is, Tetris is decent, but Star Wars sucks. There isn't a soul online with the game half of the time. Plus the online sucks.

Japan gets an XBOX, 2 S Controllers, Halo, Project Gotham Racing 2, Two months of XBL, and I think a DVD remote... They get a better deal just because they need to be bought out more then us.

Sharky53
11-30-2003, 10:39 PM
wow this has been posted many times today... both on the front page i saw and in two other posts here. YES japan does have the way better pack but microsoft is desperate as hell to get it going in japan so of course they will get better stuff. But what about the JSRF and Sega gt pack..... do you think that was better then the one now?

I think they should put a pack out with splinter cell or halo... they need quality games in the pack to get people hooked right away

LynxFX
11-30-2003, 10:59 PM
The reason it is Star Wars and not Halo is because of two reasons.

1. Halo still sells.
2. Halo isn't Live enabled. Their whole goal of the new bundle is to get people on Live by giving, not one, but two fully Live playable games, and the two months free. Add in that fact that they probably scored a very good and cheap royalty fee from Lucas Arts, which they wouldn't have been able to get from Halo, at least not as cheap.

Just be happy you get a bundle. I spent $300 with nothing extra. Go get a PS2 and they make you pay $20 extra for the bundle, which includes just one game and their network adapter.

xbox genius
11-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Discretion

Yeah, I bought a new XBOX and ended up with this. The problem is, Tetris is decent, but Star Wars sucks. There isn't a soul online with the game half of the time. Plus the online sucks.

Japan gets an XBOX, 2 S Controllers, Halo, Project Gotham Racing 2, Two months of XBL, and I think a DVD remote... They get a better deal just because they need to be bought out more then us.

yea i agree with ya, i think they should give US a better deal since we the one who buy their stuff. japan aint doing anything to help sales for microsoft in my opinion. so i think they should support the mass with better deals like that bundle for japan.

Discretion
11-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius

yea i agree with ya, i think they should give US a better deal since we the one who buy their stuff. japan aint doing anything to help sales for microsoft in my opinion. so i think they should support the mass with better deals like that bundle for japan.

That wasn't the point I was coming across. I was saying we get an online game that no one even plays. Sure, it comes free with an XBOX, but no one plays it. Star Wars can barely stand up to the new titles hitting.

However, that's not the point I am making. I understand the USA is getting the bad end of the deal, but the XBOX sells here. It doesn't matter what it comes with, we will buy it. Microsoft knows they need to offer big in Japan, thus explaining Japan getting such a great bundle.

GokuX
12-01-2003, 12:07 AM
MS could save itself some time, manufacturing, and shipping costs by just bundling a wad of yen in with the Jap Xboxes.

shawns20
12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
I got my last 2 XBoxes from Target and to this day they still have the same deal... XBox, S Controller, Tetris, Star Wars Clone Wars, Mechassault, 2 months of LIVE and any one of the Platinum hits for $179.00 and if you apply for a Target credit card at the same time you get 10% off the entire purchase. SAWEEEET !!! My first one was $299.00 with nothing. ARRRRG !!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cf02b3127cce82cdd44b56020000001510

:D

MikeMan91389
12-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Damn.. 8 XBOXs SAwwweeeet.. I no someone with 8, but i only have 2

Kronicle
12-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Yea, you could probably have some great parties with all those. Now back on subject, I agree, better games in the packs would be nice, but heck, just the xbox alone for $180 is a steal. I got it with the Sega GT/JSRF double, and I was totally satisfied.