PDA

View Full Version : deus ex: invisible war

diranged
11-30-2003, 11:48 PM
woohoo the release is coming near. who is also excited for this game and what are you impressions so far. i already pre ordered mine at eb. :cheers: :D

Hard Boiled Cop
12-01-2003, 07:17 AM
I loved the first game, I consider it to be the best RPG ever. I can't wait for number 2.

^ReXoR^
12-01-2003, 07:19 AM
I'll probably be getting it but for the pc instead of the xbox. Most shooters just feel better on the pc since mouse + keyboard rules in first person shooters ;)

smack_roscoe
12-01-2003, 11:49 AM
RPG? Man, from the commercial it looks like a FPS to me. :confused: If it's an RPG I'll pass.

thrAsher
12-01-2003, 12:17 PM
It's basically a FPS w/ RPG elements. You can upgrade yourself w/ different biomods and such. From what I understand, you can mold your character into either a trigger-happy warrior, a stealthy assassin type, a hacker, or a blend of these.

And diranged, I'm in the 'can't wait boat' right there w/ ya.
:cheers:

StudioAlex
12-01-2003, 12:28 PM
It's not an RPG, just an intense action/adventure game with stat raising. Heck, you upgrade your car in GT but nobody calls that an RPG.

thrAsher
12-01-2003, 12:46 PM
It's not an RPG, sure, but has elements of one. Here's a breakdown of the gameplay per the official site:

You have DECISIVE POWER to create your own experience in an open gameplay environment. With multiple solutions to problems, the game changes to the players method of problem solving - sneak, hack, bribe or kill.

Use biomods to customize, upgrade and exploit the superhuman powers of your character - see through walls, leap 40 feet into the air, regenerate critical body damage or render yourself invisible.

RPG character creation and advancement through choice of biomods, weapons and inventory.

Apply information harvested from conversations with characters to gain access to restricted areas. Or bribe your way into unauthorized areas using cold cash earned through completing multitudes of side-quests.

Experience the peerless action-packed 1st-person thriller that combines shooter, stealth and RPG game-play elements.

Use biomods such as Cloak and Thermal Masking to evade conflict and enter areas undetected by both human and bot enemies.

When subtle methods fail, fall back on a lethal array of close and long range weaponry; stun prod, energy blade, grenades, bolt caster, shotgun, sniper rifle, and the rocket launcher w/ cam-guided missiles.

Completing side-quests for individuals along the way yields wealth and reputation. Bribe your way into unauthorized areas using cold cash earned through your dealings.

Explore a deeply simulated game world, where objects, physics, sound, light and shadow are tools you can use. The state-of-the-art physics system allows for unprecedented interaction with objects in the world.

With multiple solutions to every problem, each game experience is unique.

A dynamic, non-linear story with responsive plot branches and character attitudes that offer you unprecedented freedom.

Variable game-play--multiple solutions to problems and support for varying playstyles.

Non-lethal, non-violent resolution to conflict, allowing you to make an ethical statement through your actions.

Support for stealth game-play, with darkness and sound affecting enemy awareness.

RPG character creation and advancement through choice of biomods, weapons and inventory.

Interactive conversations - all with full audio - offer meaningful, plot-relevant dialogue choices.

A globe-hopping adventure that takes you from the United States to Egypt, Germany, and Antarctica.

XboxGamers
12-01-2003, 01:04 PM
I also pre-ordered it. This game is going to rock! :D

http://www.nlgaming.com/games/105/snap470.jpg

Peepers
12-01-2003, 01:09 PM
This game sure is getting a lot of threads lately. I haven't read much about the game, aside from the stories of its massive delays, but based on my instincts, my gut feeling, this game sounds like a stinker.

DarkMatter
12-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I got mine pre ordered at EB. But I'm not sure if I want the Xbox ones so I can use my big TV and my surround sound. Or do I want PC with mouse + keyboard.

:confused:

Kronicle
12-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow, I wasn't really thinking about even playing this one. But after accually getting some info on it and knowing alot more about it through here, I think I might have to make some room in the ole wallet.

Papke
12-01-2003, 05:29 PM
If Invisible War turns out half as good as the first Deus Ex, it will be a must have.

We have nothing to worry about however, as OXM already reviewed it and called it one of the year's best, giving it a 9.1. I have mine reserved. :D

diranged
12-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by DarkMatter
I got mine pre ordered at EB. But I'm not sure if I want the Xbox ones so I can use my big TV and my surround sound. Or do I want PC with mouse + keyboard.

:confused:

i say you go with the big tv and surround sound. :cheers:

yall
12-01-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
but based on my instincts, my gut feeling, this game sounds like a stinker.

I think you should have your stomach checked.

If this game is half as good as the original, we are in for a treat.:D

DarkMatter
12-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by diranged

i say you go with the big tv and surround sound. :cheers:

Lol, I will do that then!

I just hope the controls are nice, that's what I worry about. But if they are smooth then I got nothing left to worry about..:watchout:

diranged
12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
is there any reviews besides the one in the oxm.

XboxGamers
12-02-2003, 03:26 AM
IGN gave Deus EX: IW a 9.0! WOOO!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/442/442573p1.html

Presentation 9.0
Trims away everything that wasn't great about the first game. Leaner, cleaner and meaner.

Graphics 8.5
Great overall design and lighting choices. The framerate will tick some people off, but you know how they can be.

Sound 8.5
Good voicework and music for the most part. Sound affects gameplay in meaningful ways.

Gameplay 9.0
A realistic science fiction world with intuitive and meaningful consequences for your actions? Other developers should steal this idea

Lasting Appeal 8.0
You'll be done in 20 hours or so and you'll want to go back through at least once more to try to do things differently.

9.0 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

Hard Boiled Cop
12-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Actually I think it is an RPG. I mean its first person but it is an RPG. The game allows you to overcome a situation how ever you like, that my friend I would consider an RPG. The first one was and the second is going to be better. RPG is a blend of action, adventure and stradegy.