PDA

View Full Version : Converted another one...

Donnie_B
12-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Just thought I would let you know...
I converted another ps2 user to an XBox lover. He was one of the biggest ps supporters I knew.

When I was looking to buy a gaming consol I asked everyone who had a ps2 and an Xbox, "Which one is better?", and "Why?". All he said was get the PS2 cus blah, blah, blah.

I know I made the right choice, and today he made it too. He called all happy and braging. He even said thanks.

I remember the happy day I brought mine home :cry: still brings a tear to my eye.

Keepin up my part,
Brasco

Ford Mustang
12-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Haha that's cool. Just today I asked 2 guys who have all three....and they both said Xbox was the best one out of the three. :)

DocHoliday78
12-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Slowly but surely the idiots are realizing that the X is teh greatest!1

thrAsher
12-01-2003, 04:25 PM
I came in here thinking you were pimping out hoes. :rofl:

Good job on the conversion, Donnie. I myself converted my youngest brother from a PS2 fanboy to an Xbox addict. He was die-hard about the PS2 until he finally got to play my Xbox. It's all he could talk about afterward. Smart boy, takes after his brother. ;)

BEWARE THE X!!! IT WILL OWN YOU!!!

Viper87227
12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
I have PS2, GC, DC, and Xbox and I do declare that Xbox is the best. DC is a close second and could have been better if it didn't go under. Congats on finally harnessing the power of X!

BTW Welcome to XBA and enjoy your stay.

Kronicle
12-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Yea, I've got PS2 and XBOX, and I like them both enough. But I do tend to play the box alot more, just because the better games and easy setup. I guess the graphics help out too, and the fact that my brother likes to claim the ps2 as his from time to time... gotta love little bros.;)

JDHack0822
12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Good work on the conversion. It reminded me of the fact that not only did convince two of my friends to bring home an Xbox, but I actually drove both of them to the store to trade in their PS2's for XBOXs. Don't get me wrong I still like my PS2 and Gamecube, but Xbox's accessible online play (thanks XBC) has made it my favorite current system. :D

ShaDovV RyDer
12-01-2003, 05:29 PM
yup x-box is startin a take over and bout time too...sure when it first came out it made a big impact because it was new but a lot of ppl were scared that the new system would suk hard when it came out and (just what i felt like) it did...but then after bout a year i saw potential in this thing when it got online...it onpened up a whole new world...then i found a nice little place called gamestop where i could trade in my GC for an X-Box...i now am waiting just a few more weeks until i can do so because the gamestop is in the mall and we dont go there much...neways i was once a GC fanboy and when i played online on the x-box for the first time i was suddenly hooked on the x-box and ashamed of my GC...cant wait to get my box and nice lil story there donnie...welcome to the site

WE TAKEN OVER!!!

darkfusion
12-01-2003, 06:50 PM
I also have Xbox, PS2, GC and DC but I'm not sure which I prefer out of PS2 and Xbox yet, as my Xbox isn't here yet (I only ordered it yesterday) but if there is ever a decent RPG on Xbox I will just sell my PS2. The only real things that keep me playing the PS2 are FFX and the GTA series, and now the latter is on the Xbox so...

BTW, would KOTOR be any good if I don't like and don't have a clue about Star Wars? I just want a good RPG...

Xelcier
12-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Hehehe I convert people daily. I work at a local walmart while in college. I have converted so many parents and people its pointless to count. Its fun :D

The Xbox hardware and packaging alone outgun PS2 and most people are like TRUE!

Why get a PS2 when you can have a Harddrive, Online Adapter all in one package with games. Plus hardware that makes PS2 feel sad.

:D

Ford Mustang
12-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by darkfusion
BTW, would KOTOR be any good if I don't like and don't have a clue about Star Wars? I just want a good RPG...

To answer your question, yes. You don't have to have any pre-existing knowledge of Star Wars to enjoy this game. Also, make sure you get The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Game of the Year Edition. Best RPG to date in my opinion. :)

xbox genius
12-01-2003, 08:08 PM
i converted my nephew to an xbox... actually i didnt do anything. i bought an xbox and brought it to a family party while he brought his, and we played my xbox, and boom he got an xbox himself. traded in his ps2 and a couple games to get it, hes a crazy final fantasy fan too, but he still resisted the new ones and went to xbox wooo

kenji
12-01-2003, 09:29 PM
I persuaded my friends to get an Xbox. One had a PS2 and one still had an N64.:eek: It was cool to see them get one.

OC Noob
12-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang

To answer your question, yes. You don't have to have any pre-existing knowledge of Star Wars to enjoy this game. Also, make sure you get The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Game of the Year Edition. Best RPG to date in my opinion. :)

I'd just like to add to that. Its one of the best RPGs of all time as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't have a huge open world like Morrowind, but that makes finding destinations and objectives much faster.

It isn't one of those anime RPGs like FF, its very much a western style RPG. Its got a great story, beautiful gfx and great gameplay.

I don't like SW much and still loved it, so not being a SW fan, you should still really enjoy it.

Sharky53
12-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Donnie_B
Just thought I would let you know...
I converted another ps2 user to an XBox lover. He was one of the biggest ps supporters I knew.

When I was looking to buy a gaming consol I asked everyone who had a ps2 and an Xbox, "Which one is better?", and "Why?". All he said was get the PS2 cus blah, blah, blah.

I know I made the right choice, and today he made it too. He called all happy and braging. He even said thanks.

I remember the happy day I brought mine home :cry: still brings a tear to my eye.

Keepin up my part,
Brasco

good job...xbox users around the world are very proud of u

BunnyRabbit
12-01-2003, 11:09 PM
Good for you man....Lets see I think I persuaded 8 people to buy an Xbox.... Two of those people were former PS2 lovers.... So I guess I can say I've done my part...

Everyone else must be sure to point their friends in the right direction every now and then! :p

Sharky53
12-01-2003, 11:33 PM
well all of my friends have xbox except for 2 people i think. But they just liked different types of games. One of them really wants to get an xbox though.

sk8teordie256
12-02-2003, 05:30 AM
so far i converted all of my friends to get xbox:D
thats alot of people

Cryogenic Pyro
12-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Out of all my friends that play games a lot, none of them have had anything to do with any system other than Xbox. Thanks to who? Me of course. :D