PDA

View Full Version : All Sold Out

seth78
07-07-2001, 10:15 AM
You go into your local retail store on launch day only to find out that the system and it's games you have planned to buy is completely sold out. You rush to another store, same thing. It happens that everyone of XBOX's/GC's fanboys was right, it was so popular that they all sold out. But the opposing system still has at least 20 systems in the store, frankly nobody wanted it badly enough. Would you buy the other system and its games or just wait another few miserable weeks until another shipment of your system is shipped?

I myself would just wait those long few weeks.

Spades
07-07-2001, 10:22 AM
thats why you pre-prder it like me

seth78
07-07-2001, 10:27 AM
That's what I did for N64. :) Oh wait N64 let me down over those 4 1/2 years. :( I'll be paying for my XBOX soon though. :-)

CodeScribe
07-07-2001, 12:52 PM
Mmmmm pre-order such nice thing. :D

But if, for some reason, I couldn't find one I would just body slam the next guy I saw with an Xbox and take it (I'm big, I can do that LOL :D ).

seth78
07-07-2001, 01:40 PM
I'm taking a BIG BROWN BAG with me when I get my XBOX. People on a launch day will do anything for a system. When I got my N64 at it's launch the bag EB put it in wasn't big enough to cover the system and the top of the box was sticking out. Last year I saw retailer's putting PS2's in big blue PS2 bags, yeah like that doesn't scream "ROB ME!!!"

Lioness
07-08-2001, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't mind waiting.Hell;I had to wait a few miserable years for my Playstation. -_-*

Dr_J
07-08-2001, 10:47 PM
OK, so all the XBox's are sold out and there are plenty of Gamecube's left. Would I buy a Gamecube? Hell no! Why would I buy something that is inferior to the XBox? I'd wait for the next shipment.

Viper put it best:

"There are no points for second place."

seth78
07-08-2001, 11:29 PM
Gamecube is alright but the box has so many incredible features from the HDD to the ethernet to the DVD player and much more. It truly is worth much more than the asking price.

If you go to an electronics store tomorrow, since it is 11pm CST right now, you can get a decent DVD player for 200, sure there are some out there for cheaper, but a decent one with good picture quality and sound is 200. So basically those people that don't have a DVD player are pretty much getting a DVD player for 230 (200+30 for the remote that is sold separately) and an XBOX for 100 bucks. Right from the start you don't have to buy a $35 dollar memory card (i.e. PS2) since you have the HDD so really you are getting so much stuff it is seriously hard to turn that down over buying a somewhat inferior system like the GameCube.