PDA

View Full Version : Old Members (ThE OriGInaLs)

Rochey69r
12-01-2003, 07:27 PM
While chatting to my buddy Maximus on live the other day it got me thinking about who here are some of the oldest members?

my join date was SEP 2001. im almost garanteeing that no more than a handful of members joined b4 me. i know max beat me by a few months :)

so reply to this thread showing your loyalty to XBA over the years gone by.

c ya dudes! :)

Ford Mustang
12-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Although I have only been here a year, that is longer than most of the people who post on this board. I also think I have been one of the most active and contributing members on this board. Hell, I love this place, so I spend alot of time here. :)

T-FiNGeR
12-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Congrats to all the "originals" for stickin around this site and contributing to the forum! I myself am a "nOOb" and have only been around for about 3 weeks... I still post alot tho! anyways, I hope to see all the first members around! They pioneered this forum to what it is today! CONGRATS! :cheers:

E Nomini Patri
12-01-2003, 07:41 PM
I've been here since Christmas Eve '01, the night I got my Xbox. So that's almost 2 years!

xbox genius
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
my join date is around summer of 02. but i like to visite here often even tho i dont post much.

what happened to the other older members? i remember shrew king was here but now he like... uh disappeared forever.

StudioAlex
12-01-2003, 07:50 PM
I've been here for over two years now, and my post count is so low. I don't understand how everyone does it...

Shorezy
12-01-2003, 08:09 PM
April 2002. I got my Xbox the day after Christmas 2001. I fell in love with her and found this site. Love it too :) Anyway i've been here for a while and changed my name (hence 540 some-odd posts). I was known as halo_11. I remember alot of the originals too, like Shrew King and alot of the boys before they became Mods; Maximus, Casper, Lynx and Frostberg.

tsrdawg
12-02-2003, 12:55 AM
I joined this site on 11=06=01, the day i discovered that xbox would be delayed for retail release until 11/15/01...
I rarely post messages because so many of us already do...I cant believe that some dudes have written over 6000 posts...especially when it has taken me more than 2 years to hit the big 20 milestone!!...
I always read the XBA reviews before I decide to buy any XBOX game...fyi...XBA helped me realize that Outlaw Golf is a hilarious and totally fun experience...
I am impressed with the wealth of knowledge and copious opinions offered by you fellow gamers...I m slowly starting to recognize certain folks as they let me know they think differently...but thats what brings us together!
Keep up the good work and fresh topics...my next milestone will be 30 posts by next December...
:D ;)
A special shout to all the ORIGINAL XBA members...and another shout to the core group who make this site GO GO GO!!

Kraft
12-02-2003, 04:18 AM
Bought my Xbox when it came out... got bored at my job (State Division of Health) and signed up here. Now I'm admin... go figure.

Brevity
12-02-2003, 07:54 AM
I was here for two months before even signing up. I used to come here to read stuff only then there was a giveaway and I signed up. This was the first forum I had ever been to for any length of time.

silvertrace
12-02-2003, 08:54 AM
i stumbled onto the site when i saw people talking about playin halo online
(jjax & maximus)

so they are the ones responsible for luring me here.....

but i would visit from afar and i finally registered just to talk smack to em

where is ninja troll?

Chaotic
12-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Nov. 2001 here :cheers:

RudedogX
12-02-2003, 09:12 AM
I've also been here for a while. But I also was on here for about two months before signing up or posting.

Duke
12-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Think register was in march of '02. First time here was probably in Nov. or Oct. previous.

Had been trying to decide between a PS2 or xbox, after here and a few other sites, bought my box on launch.

So definitely not OG, but oh well. Most of 'em are gone now.

LynxFX
12-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Nov 01 here as well. It was a much different place back then. This site sure has grown.

bretman1234
12-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Snoopy or Dances with BroomSticks were probably some of the early ones that still contribute. Heres to you guys!:cheers:

tamim
12-02-2003, 12:07 PM
I used to visit this site since Q2 2001, or probably before that, I remember this site being one of the first sites about xbox, and I registred in November 2001 :D

But I only have 100+ posts because I have my own site, and I used to visit another forum more often than this.

RudedogX
12-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
Nov 01 here as well. It was a much different place back then. This site sure has grown. Ain't that the truth!

rothgar
12-02-2003, 12:16 PM
is there a way to find your join date or do you guys just know?

i was around a while ago but i didnt post much. then i went to the xbc boards and stayed there for a while. and, well now xbc is with xba. who'da thought

Casper
12-02-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by rothgar
is there a way to find your join date or do you guys just know?

<<< It's to the left

And you can also click on the Profile button and it'll show you the exact join date.

I didn't find this site til early last year and hung out for a bit before manning up and posting....I was scared :cry:

Chaotic
12-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

I was scared :cry:

Whatelse is new :o

Dark Enemy
12-02-2003, 12:38 PM
It says I registered last year but I was here longer with several names. Also I came here in Jan 2001 but never registered to later on.

studepaber
12-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
I was here for two months before even signing up. I used to come here to read stuff only then there was a giveaway and I signed up. This was the first forum I had ever been to for any length of time.

Same here, actually discovered this site in October of 2001 but didn't sign up for the forums until December. Wow has this place grown since then!! :cheers:

thedrisc
12-02-2003, 02:30 PM
May 2001. heard about xbox and found this site while looking for info. I still check out this site a least 3 times a week but I am just not a big poster.

I would be closer to 400 posts but way back when a crazy post eating monster devoured a bunch of my posts. .

this is still the best site. keep up the good work guys.

dances with broom sticks
12-02-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by thedrisc
May 2001. heard about xbox and found this site while looking for info. I still check out this site a least 3 times a week but I am just not a big poster.

I would be closer to 400 posts but way back when a crazy post eating monster devoured a bunch of my posts. .

this is still the best site. keep up the good work guys.

You beat me by 3 days

I remember that monster....

Plus there used to be alot of big threads theat got deleted... Like I remember the count down to Xbox thread, It was started like 200 days before xbox came out, and they wanted to see how big it would get on launch, but then STD the thread starter deleted his post, and everyone lost like 50 posts.

I think i offically signed up back in june or july 01, but I read news for along time before that, I just never knew what a forum was so I didnt bother clicking that link

Viper87227
12-02-2003, 03:18 PM
I remembered checking out this site way back in like January of 01 when it first opened. I was a member of MCM2Central so I heard about it when it first opened. I never bothered to sign up coz I wasnt into forums back then, i just came here to check news and screenshots of xbox games. Then xbox came I didnt get one so I stopped visiting the sight for a while. Got wind that I was going to get one for Xmas last year and decided to come back and sign up. By then I was ridden hard on Counter-Strike forums and I imeaditly started posting. I may not be one of the originals but I do know that XBA woulnd't be the same without me ;)

Koopa
12-02-2003, 05:15 PM
august 2001. beat that *****es.:cuss:

BunnyRabbit
12-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
While chatting to my buddy Maximus on live the other day it got me thinking about who here are some of the oldest members?

my join date was SEP 2001. im almost garanteeing that no more than a handful of members joined b4 me. i know max beat me by a few months :)

so reply to this thread showing your loyalty to XBA over the years gone by.

c ya dudes! :)

I first originally joined under a name Who_Me...

I came back to the site when I got a computer to find that my user was no longer in site memory, but there was a guy with that exact name, but it wasnt me...

Anyway.. Im not the oldest here I know but I joined way back in 01... and now again in 03...
:cheers:

MikeMan91389
12-02-2003, 05:36 PM
1 week... beat that! This site is sweet tho, and without the mix of productice n00bs, and veteran posters, this site wouldnt be the same...

Aheem... You contest-winning-only n00bs that dont post... I HATE U!!!!

ShaDovV RyDer
12-02-2003, 05:42 PM
no im not an original and i dont even consider myself a contributer yet since i only been at this site a week...but i just keep hearing all this stuff about how this is nothing like the old XBA was and well i was wondering if u guys could give me maybe a discription of wut it was like bak then...u no maybe try to "paint" a picture in my head...thnx...pce

LynxFX
12-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
no im not an original and i dont even consider myself a contributer yet since i only been at this site a week...but i just keep hearing all this stuff about how this is nothing like the old XBA was and well i was wondering if u guys could give me maybe a discription of wut it was like bak then...u no maybe try to &quot;paint&quot; a picture in my head...thnx...pce
Ahh it was great as people were having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment.

Oh wait, that was the 60's.

ahhhh the 60s...........

...What was the question?

dances with broom sticks
12-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
august 2001. beat that *****es.:cuss:

Ohhhh yes... werent you voted most popular xbox fan back in '01?
:D

Shadow20002
12-02-2003, 09:12 PM
I discovered XBA in November 01, join it immediately. :p

BunnyRabbit
12-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Ahh it was great as people were having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment.

Oh wait, that was the 60's.

ahhhh the 60s...........

...What was the question?

You...made the 60's sound so cool...But ugh...I shudder to think my parents came from that very same "sixties" you describe...:eek:

PapaSKooT
12-02-2003, 10:00 PM
November 2, 2001. With my old account. Until I got banned by a certain unnamed forum admin that wasnt Nick :). "Rejoined" in secret a few months later, got my cover blown by DZ. Bastage. :)

RagunCajun
12-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Is there an chat room for this site. One that can be gotten to using mIRC? I hate java crap. mIRC is the only way to chat.

Koopa
12-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

Ohhhh yes... werent you voted most popular xbox fan back in '01?
:D

those were the days:cheers:

back when gamecube was gonna kick everyone's ass

:watchout:

yeesh where have you been brooms? havent seen you post in awhile.

GokuX
12-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Nov '01.

WynnFire
12-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Nov '01.

Same here. I never knew the site existed until that November, which just happend to be the time I definately knew that I was getting an Xbox. I started here then went to TeamXbox but definately like it a lot more here, mainly because of the mods. (no, I'm not a kiss ass, even though it sounds like it.) They're just cooler here.

dances with broom sticks
12-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

those were the days:cheers:

back when gamecube was gonna kick everyone's ass

:watchout:

yeesh where have you been brooms? havent seen you post in awhile.

Ive been around, we must just hang in different threads :watchout:

you deffiently had some strong opinons on the gamecubes success :cheers:

Yankeez
12-03-2003, 10:17 AM
got my xbox in dec 2001 regiser at xba Feb 2002 i think papaskoot introduced me to this site since we new each other :cheers:

bbchs_trash
12-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I've been her for over two years... and my post count is minimal to some of those that have reached 1,000 in less than a year... but whatever.

yall
12-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Dec 2001 baby!

And my post count is pretty low too, but I prefer quality over quantity!

deophite
12-03-2003, 09:02 PM
I've visited this site for a loooong time, but just never became a member.

Crazy Joe
12-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Nov. 2001, i've been in and out since then regularly, sometimes i get busy and don't post for a while, but i try to keep some kind of a presence. ;)

xboxteen
12-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Hmm am i an old member?

X-Fan
12-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by xboxteen
Hmm am i an old member?
yeah but should'nt u be gone since u made that bye bye thread?

Casper
12-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by X-Fan

yeah but should'nt u be gone since u made that bye bye thread?

And you're wondering why....because....you never made a good bye thread? :eek:

Casper
12-04-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Is there an chat room for this site. One that can be gotten to using mIRC? I hate java crap. mIRC is the only way to chat.

Sorry. but we have to keep it java only for reasons like security and name changing and what not. It integrates perfectly with your user profile, so it's like a one step process to get in there.

BigJosh359
12-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Sorry. but we have to keep it java only for reasons like security and name changing and what not. It integrates perfectly with your user profile, so it's like a one step process to get in there.

Its the only way to control giveaways in the chat without their being pure chaos. Maybe there could be a separate chat from the giveaways?

J Dub
12-04-2003, 10:32 AM
February 2002. That's pretty early, I think. I'm pushing two years here.

JADE8704
12-04-2003, 06:43 PM
been here since the beginning of this website, but didn't sign up until nov 2001...this site has come a LONG way from the old days...i remember all the babe threads we've shared, especially the great BABE WAR between me an maximus...*tear* i wanna say to the originals that....i love you guys *sob*:D

SPARTAN VI
12-04-2003, 06:51 PM
And you're wondering why....because....you never made a good bye thread?

:rofl:

September 2002. That's when I got my internet connection. I made quite an impact on this site... I think I was the one that forced XBA to put a limit on sig sizes. :D :cheers:

blindrocket
12-07-2003, 09:37 AM
I haven't posted here in a looong time...

DIGITAL
12-07-2003, 10:04 AM
been here for a few years

# 1 Stunner
12-07-2003, 10:09 AM
been here since feb 2002 under another name but then got a new one..

Carnage
12-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Ive been coming to this site for awhile as well. Mostly for the reviews, and news, but sometimes ill post if ive got the time :)

AloneInTheDark
12-07-2003, 06:18 PM
let me check

July 2002, but I was under a name, like rightfullylied, not sure when that was joined but hey, I'll look it up.