PDA

View Full Version : Halo: First Strike hits store today!

JediMasterChief
12-01-2003, 09:01 PM
The the highly-anticipated third novel of Halo hits stores today. This time its called "Halo: First Strike" and lets us take a glimpse at what happens AFTER the game, but before Halo 2. Most importantly, its written by Eric Nylund again. Anyone who's read the two previous novels, should definitely consider getting this one. It will surely be great!

Check it out here:
http://shop.ecompanystore.com/bungie/BNG_productdetail.asp?PRODUCT=BNG10000500&CATALOG=BUNGIE&TYPE=Featured%20Item

It's also available at most other online stores like Amazon.com too.

T-FiNGeR
12-01-2003, 09:27 PM
I think I might pick myself up a copy... looks good!

Sharky53
12-01-2003, 09:36 PM
hmmm might be a good book 2 pick up...i tend 2 not read 2 often....i get lazy...but if its a good book ill read her

BunnyRabbit
12-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Theres no way I wont get this book and The Flood.... I mean if I ask for books my parents cant deny that cause they always want me to get off the games... Anyway, Yeah Im asking for The Flood and First Strike for X-Mas..:p

DocHoliday78
12-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Were the past halo books any good?

dyno
12-01-2003, 10:28 PM
The Fall of Reach was a great book because it told you a lot of things that happened before HALO as well as Johns progression from a little kid to the spartan program. You get to learn a lot and about the other spartans that were with him.

As for the Flood, which was made by a different author then the Fall of Reach, I thought wasn't that well written and most of the stuff you get from the book you get through the game. To me it seemed like I was going from point A to point B. Most of the book is told like this, "MC reloaded his MA5B(i think thats what its called) took out a grenade and took most of the flood out and finished the rest with quick burst" Its like that most of the book. Like I said a lot like the game, you're just reading about it.

I would recommend reading The Fall of Reach if you haven't and probably not wasting your money on The Flood. In my opinion the writer of the Fall of Reach is far better then the one the wrote The Flood. (Sorry I forgot the authors, it's been awhile since i've read these books)

Side note: Right now im reading Enders Shadow and i must say its a great book. I finished reading Enders Game and it was IMHO one of the best books i've read and Enders Shadow so far seems just as good. They are really great books by Orson Scott Card. I recommend you guys check it if your interested in Sci-Fi. I heard they will be making a movie of it. Does anyone know about this?

~Dyno

dyno
12-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Here are the authors:

William C. Dietz -The Flood

Eric Nylund - Fall of Reach

bretman1234
12-02-2003, 11:01 AM
I'll probably end up getting this. I read the first 2, the first 1 was much better probably cuz it was by Nylund. The second one was boring, because it was basically reading through the game. It seemed like he didn't take as much time to think about it as Nylund did.

LiquidX
12-02-2003, 11:12 AM
I personally liked The Flood... granted it wasnt as good as The Fall of Reach but it did give some insight in to what the other characters were doing while the Master Chief was say, disableing the pulse generators. First strike is definately on my Christmas list.

Procto
12-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Dyno Ender's Game was a good book, I read it a few years ago but I was into it. The end of it was knid of different, I definitely didn't see that coming.

Get a book for Christmas...I don't think that's ever happened. But I may get two. :shock:

dyno
12-02-2003, 05:11 PM
I thought the ending was the best part of the book. And then seeing that the buggers had made the fantasy world he played in the game a reality was very cool. Also how the buggers didn't weren't even going to attack again and the humans wiping them out was also very interesting.

xbox genius
12-02-2003, 07:09 PM
i never read any of the books, but i think this book might be my first of the series. i just want to check it out only cuz its right before halo 2...

E Nomini Patri
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
I'll be picking this book up tomorrow cause that's when the bookstore gets it. Can't wait to read!