PDA

View Full Version : King of the Xbox Hill in Halo

Servo
12-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Who thinks they are the best Halo players and why. Post some of your tactics and some crazy kills that you gotten off of other people.

I can safely say that no one is better with the sniper rifle than me. I've taken down people with it who were doing top speed in the ghost.:D

AlphaCigara
12-02-2003, 04:18 PM
im definately not the best halo player, but im the cheap ass everyone hates that uses invisibility with the rocket launcher :)

LiquidX
12-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by MM3_XBOX
im definately not the best halo player, but im the cheap ass everyone hates that uses invisibility with the rocket launcher :)

Yeah...and you hide in a corner throwing grenades...

Anyways... MM3 can back me up on this... im not the best but im damn good... I prefer the shotgun in close quarters and the pistol for short distance sniping. And also, dont go bragging that no one is better than you with the sniper rifle cuz there is ALWAYS someone better than you...

JDHack0822
12-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I don't think I'm the best. But the best kill i ever had was throwing a gernade without looking off of the red base when I heard a warthog and killing 2 of the passengers instantly and shooting the other with a pistol in mid-air. It was the sickest triple kill I have ever scene.

Procto
12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
I have been sucking lately at Halo, my pistol is just way off. But my best kills were:

a triple killtacular like 2 weeks ago or more on LAN with my friends. It was at BC and they kept spawning and i had 2 rockets and got a double or a triple kill with that and then they spawned oppo and they ported and ported andported...you get the picture I ended up dieing cause I ran out of grenades and pistol, so I switched to the AR but it was done they killed me within 2 seconds of me being out of pistol.

Other was like 2 months ago maybe more, I was online at my friends house and it was 4v4, we were host and it was just one other box. Game was prisoner ts and the other team caught me when they all spawned on bottom. I was on second level, the part that is on the way up to oversheild. I started shooting wildly at all of them and threw one grenade, just wasted some sheilds. They were still shooting and my sheild was done so I just jumped down and did a quick grenade+whack. I was wasted and then I hear "double-kill, triple-kill, KILLTACULAR!" Quite thrilling but I couldn't see it because it had the close camera zoom on my corpse.

Sorry for the scrabbled thoughts, I'm sick as hell right now.

monster1234
12-02-2003, 05:34 PM
I am the best.

MikeMan91389
12-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Bah, the shooting out of a ghost is pretty simple, after a while, so is sniping a Warthog, but anyways, Ogres and Darkman are the best :) Im good too.. but not as good as them :)

SniperPete
12-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I hide in the bush in the middle of Blood Gulch. And cap peeps that go for rocket launcher. Id say the sickest kill i ever got is. A warthog (my teamate) hauling ass across the map. Drives past me i push X at the exact right second and hop in the passenger seat. jump out by bluye base and it ejects me right into this guy and i smack him in the back while movieng and rocket launcher 3 other guys exiting the base. It was sick

J4320
12-02-2003, 08:18 PM
I'm SUPER good with the sniper but im not the best..... I can get a headshot almost everytime. And if they don't die then I'll just move in with my rocket launcher or shotgun.:p

RagunCajun
12-02-2003, 11:09 PM
Hmmmm best sniper......snipe people out of ghost in one shot......childs play. The best players do not play with all vechiles. It is considered noob settings. I do not believe for one second you are a better sniper then me. Have i played you.....sure havent. I see ya xbc tag....doesnt ring a bell. Please dont take any of that as a put down or insult.

There was a who yall think is the best on the xba/xbc forums thread in the xbc forums....general or halo forum i forgot. Anways it got real hot when i said i thought i was the best out of the regular posters. Check that out if u want some info of what the xbc players think.

My strat.......to much to right. it would take hours and hours to right. Good strat. timer when u play people who time, Wh0re when opponents talk shi*. But other than that......i quit timing and have fun. Without fun, why play. I dont like people who take this game too serious. Also, i thought this was gonna be a discusion about KOTH

sk8teordie256
12-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Hmmmm best sniper......snipe people out of ghost in one shot......childs play. The best players do not play with all vechiles. It is considered noob settings. I do not believe for one second you are a better sniper then me. Have i played you.....sure havent. I see ya xbc tag....doesnt ring a bell. Please dont take any of that as a put down or insult.

There was a who yall think is the best on the xba/xbc forums thread in the xbc forums....general or halo forum i forgot. Anways it got real hot when i said i thought i was the best out of the regular posters. Check that out if u want some info of what the xbc players think.

My strat.......to much to right. it would take hours and hours to right. Good strat. timer when u play people who time, Wh0re when opponents talk shi*. But other than that......i quit timing and have fun. Without fun, why play. I dont like people who take this game too serious. Also, i thought this was gonna be a discusion about KOTH

hey i saw lyrics from an afi song in your sig AFI YEAH BABY

kenji
12-03-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty good at Halo, in my friends opinion, but my they can always kill me with their sniper rifles. I like close combat because sniping is boring unless you are covering somone. However, my brother is really good.

WillyV2
12-03-2003, 06:27 PM
I am not the best, but i have a few friends who are not to shabby... one has killed so many people... i dont think hes the best but..ya know good enough

ShadowWolf
12-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Among my friends I can kill anyone. I don't know about all of you though. I am really good at sniping, and I can snipe someone out of a ghost approaching head on (it's pretty tricky, you have to hit the right spot, and you might get run over by the momentum of the ghost). I'm also pretty good in close-combat with a couple 'nades and a pistol. The AR sucks in my opinion because of it's inacurracy. You can't really say you are the best, because you might find someone who is better than you at a certain part ;).

Servo
12-03-2003, 07:19 PM
I never said that I was the best but that I was probably one of the best out there. I never say that kind of stuff unless I can back it up and I can definantly back it up.:)

DocHoliday78
12-03-2003, 08:17 PM
My friends friend is the best i have ever seen at lan tournaments and on xbc. His xbc name is Vif Devry and he will pay you 10 dollars pay pal if you beat him, no joke. He has never bean beaten and i doubt he will be beaten for a while. Go challenge him if you want. Oh and nothing happens if you lose, you have everything to gain except your pride.

MikeMan91389
12-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Go Play [-StK-]_Ogres on XBC... They won 50k2 and AGP games... Noone can beat them regularly

Jaclyn154
12-04-2003, 03:56 PM
All childs play. Personally, My favorite weapon combo is the sniper rifle, with the shotgun for close encounters. Taking out hunters with no gun at all is no problem ( Especially on legandary). You can kill the elites with one smack on the back, if they have no idea your there. It is pathetic, but extremely entertaining, to kill the little grunts as they sleep. I am the best with the sniper rifle by far. I have killed everything from Hunters to the red and blue players on versus. I have shot the elites out of banshees from the ground, with the banshee still intacted, and ready to be piloted. Same with ghosts, but that is nothing to be proud of. I've shot elites, my own teammates, hunters flood, and everything that moved on the Halo. All childs play. :cool:

MikeMan91389
12-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Legendary is much different than multiplayer, so naturally, the tactics are different... Like in campaign mode, the plasma weapons are useful, but in multiplayer... theyres really no use for them

bretman1234
12-04-2003, 04:17 PM
I've never played this game before. Is it any fun?:watchout:

dances with broom sticks
12-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
I've never played this game before. Is it any fun?:watchout:

I cant tell for sure if your joking... but i assume you are

bretman1234
12-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

I cant tell for sure if your joking... but i assume you are
Whats a halo? Is it on Xbox?

Does that help you any? :D

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Try beating 4 levels of Halo on Legendary by yourself without dying once.

NO ONE IN HERE IS BETTER THAN ME AT HALO. Everyones "sick multiplayer moments" Ive done more than a few times during my days.

bretman1234
12-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Try beating 4 levels of Halo on Legendary by yourself without dying once.

NO ONE IN HERE IS BETTER THAN ME AT HALO. Everyones "sick multiplayer moments" Ive done more than a few times during my days.
When you said NO ONE HERE IS BETTER THAN ME AT HALO, we you talking about yourself or making fun of other people?

If you were talking about yourself, have you played xbconnect? If not, go home child.

If you weren't, carry on making fun of people.:cheers:

Gosby
12-04-2003, 07:48 PM
sniper rifle, rocket launcher a few grenades, and good aim and you have it made.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 07:52 PM

When you said NO ONE HERE IS BETTER THAN ME AT HALO, we you talking about yourself or making fun of other people?

If you were talking about yourself, have you played xbconnect? If not, go home child.

If you weren't, carry on making fun of people.:cheers:

I have played Halo on XB Connect and found its awful lag to be killer. XBC is a joke.

MikeMan91389
12-05-2003, 05:47 AM
No SMileBit... If u hAVen't or dont play on XBC you have NO IDEA how good ppl are at halo. OGRES would beat you anyday!

my friend can beat legendary with only 7 lives, and i still beat him 25-2 in multiplayer... it takes me like 20-30 lives to beat legendary. legendary is completely different than multiplayer, because like what i sed b4, there are different tactics. MUCH different

Chaotic
12-05-2003, 06:06 AM
silvertrace will whoop all your asses ;)

RagunCajun
12-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SmileBit

Well put man. I tell ya what smilebit, d/l xbc, then find me no xbc. well play 1 on 1 and level u choose then ill post the screen shot of the scores on here.:D

Yeah ogres are good. There are alot of people up there in skill, but their strat is awsome. Being on the same tv is the main reason but they are sick.....but brag.

thanx, sk8terordie. glad somebody looks at my sig:D

MS-KO
12-05-2003, 10:20 AM
I'll put my money on Ragun!

Playing the campain game doesn't compare to playing actual people, especially on XBC!! Aliens don't strafe and play as smart as some people you will find on XBC!

Donnie_B
12-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun

Yeah ogres are good. There are alot of people up there in skill, but their strat is awsome. Being on the same tv is the main reason but they are sick.....but brag.

thanx, sk8terordie. glad somebody looks at my sig:D[/color]

I agree that all situations are different and each requires different strategies. On XBC you had to be good to overcome the lag 'as little as there may be' (I dont complain bout it either), and on LAN u have different strats. when other people are on the same screen.
Me and my peeps prefer to have one team per TV or several TVs if possible (usually 3-4). We dont want to play unless there can be no 'screen watching'. This is our greatest offence.
:cuss:
Brasco

RagunCajun
12-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Yeah strat and situations is what difines a player. Also i thought i owned in halo beating it on legendary. One my first day, a girl owned me game after game.:cry:

Procto
12-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Don't play ogres on their host unless you want to get brutally embarrassed. :yikes: especially ctf wizard

But I don't think they play online anymore...

20 on Ragun...what's the spread?:cheers:

RagunCajun
12-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Hmmm not sure on the spread. Just know for a fact that im humping somebody. Might even be my own team....but hey, im not picky.

DDR2theEXTREME
12-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Halo on PC is cheap cuz of damn banshees. So ya.