PDA

View Full Version : What PS3 may look like?

blackiee2002
12-02-2003, 04:33 PM
[http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/screens_6084898.html?page=1 (http://)]

i can only say it looks totally __________ i will let you guys feel in the blank.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-02-2003, 04:35 PM
um like a nice and shiney and incredibly think and heavy frisbee???

Brevity
12-02-2003, 04:44 PM
I think its too early to say right now. I think they may flout what politicians call a trial ballon, but who knows. I have seen in my mags possible pics of the next systems or every major system. I think this is just hype stuff.

SnoochyBoochy
12-02-2003, 05:02 PM
very... round.. ummm

it's quite round...

Shorezy
12-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Yes...uh quite round:watchout:

I guess they discovered it's not to "hip" to be square?:eek:

Koopa
12-02-2003, 05:18 PM
breaking news! sony unveils the PlayCircle.
shortly afterward, nintendo anounces their nextgen console GameSphere, and Microsoft hints at the unvieling of their new XBall console.

...well i guess the purse jokes and heavy jokes will stop now, and the frisbee ones will begin.

sk8teordie256
12-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
breaking news! sony unveils the PlayCircle.
shortly afterward, nintendo anounces their nextgen console GameSphere, and Microsoft hints at the unvieling of their new XBall console.

...well i guess the purse jokes and heavy jokes will stop now, and the frisbee ones will begin.
:rofl: how dare u guyd post about the enemy
:watchout: :eek:

monster1234
12-02-2003, 05:31 PM
I don't like the way it looks. I won't be getting one anyway.

Servo
12-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Looks like a polished oreo.

MikeMan91389
12-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Looks pretty cool... I cant decide what im going to do :)

xbox genius
12-02-2003, 07:21 PM
it looks cool to me, although looks like its gonna be 2 controler ports only??? man that sucks.....................

WillyV2
12-02-2003, 07:30 PM
hard to say right now they will most likely change it to make it more sleek and portable and easier to move around it all depends....

J4320
12-02-2003, 07:45 PM
It is round.... hmmmm..... A frisbee or a flying saucer?? The world may never know.........:eek:

darkfusion
12-02-2003, 07:57 PM
I want a games console, not shiny pie! :eek:

Don't forget it's just a fake concept shot! I will probably be buying one as I still love my PS2! (although I prefer the Xbox)

mdooz
12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
I think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind if the PS3 really did look like that, but had 4 controller ports. Sony better not put 2 on again.

Shadow20002
12-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Look like a UFO.... ;)

Cryogenic Pyro
12-02-2003, 10:19 PM
If sony puts 2 controller ports again, I'll laugh. And if that's actually what the PS3 looks like, I'll laugh again.

"ANYONE WANT A SLICE OF MY GIANT OREO!?"

I'm pretty sure it's fake though, because they changed the logo from PS, to PS2, completely changed it, not just changed the number, so why wouldn't they change the PS3 logo?

blackiee2002
12-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Yes that is what i taught too. it was too round, similar to the concept art for xbox. i think that the round idea is totally crap. any way xbox2 all the way

RagunCajun
12-02-2003, 11:00 PM
I like how it looks. PS2 has a better design than xbox IMO. I dont care about 4 controler ports.....yet. But 4 is nice to have. I hope it used the same kind of controler or the old ones work.

Sakana
12-03-2003, 12:24 AM
if it heats up well you could use that thing as a hotplate lol...

mordecai
12-03-2003, 01:13 AM
Even though it looks pretty bad, that isn't what the actuall PS3 will look like. The article says that it was tracked down to some french designer who isn't at all affiliated with Sony but then again maybe it's some bizare marketing ploy. Pay someone to make a hoax to see what people's reactions are, if they like it, go with that design if not, they can always abandone the guy.

WynnFire
12-03-2003, 02:44 AM
If they don't ever change it from 2 to 4 controller ports and don't change the actual controllers design/shape, I will never be interested or buy one. I get cramps playing game on PS/PS2 controllers and hate that after you buy the system you have to slap down $30 for a 4 port adapter and whatever extra for a modem adapter. (Unlike the awesome DREAMCAST and Xbox)

FuNkY mOnK
12-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Looks like the work of 3d studio max. i was just reading a very (old) game-informer mag this week where they wrote an article on all the concept and internet rumors of what the xbox was to look like. Out of the 10 pictures none looked like the xbox we know today...Not even close.

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 10:13 AM
ill probably be getting one. sorry but all you people whining about how people bash the xbox are guilty of the same crime in respects to sony. sad, sad, sad. its nice to see a few sensible people here though.

RudedogX
12-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by JDJDJD
ill probably be getting one. sorry but all you people whining about how people bash the xbox are guilty of the same crime in respects to sony. sad, sad, sad. its nice to see a few sensible people here though. Unfortunately, you'll find people will become loyal to a product after buying it and staying with it for a while. I personally enjoy my XBox more than I enjoy the PS2, but that may also have more to do with the controllers and LIVE than the games. With the next generation of systems though, I wouldn't trust even the designs that the system producers introduced at their announcements. They always change before the final product.

Snoop E
12-03-2003, 12:35 PM
i dont know bout you guys but i think its pretty cool looking although i would never buy one im like dedicated to xbox and microsoft.

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Unfortunately, you'll find people will become loyal to a product after buying it and staying with it for a while. I personally enjoy my XBox more than I enjoy the PS2, but that may also have more to do with the controllers and LIVE than the games. With the next generation of systems though, I wouldn't trust even the designs that the system producers introduced at their announcements. They always change before the final product.
yeah i feel the same way, right now i do enjoy xbox more than ps2, mainly because of xbox's online strategy. but i still own a ps2 and play it because it does have certain things about it that xbox does not. im just sick of the hypocrites eager to declare peolpe as sony fanboys without realizing they are doing the same. its too bad all the closed minded out there are missing out (with respect to all systems) people may have their preferences but there is no denying each system has its high points.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
I like how it looks. PS2 has a better design than xbox IMO. I dont care about 4 controler ports.....yet. But 4 is nice to have. I hope it used the same kind of controler or the old ones work.

Hey guys this is a bit off topic but um ragun u seem like a little anti x-box...u participate in every single ps2 or ps3 post and u like dis x-box in every one of ur posts...take this one for example u r dissin the way the x-box looks...neways wut im tryin to say if would u mind goin to another site that is like um playstationaddict.com or somethin..basicly cause im tired of hearing ur mouth...hope u take my advice

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer

Hey guys this is a bit off topic but um ragun u seem like a little anti x-box...u participate in every single ps2 or ps3 post and u like dis x-box in every one of ur posts...take this one for example u r dissin the way the x-box looks...neways wut im tryin to say if would u mind goin to another site that is like um playstationaddict.com or somethin..basicly cause im tired of hearing ur mouth...hope u take my advice

take my advice, spend an extra half second and type your words correctly. its hard to take anyone seriously that types like that.

Viper87227
12-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm thinking a shiney tiolet seat

ShaDovV RyDer
12-03-2003, 04:00 PM
i really dont c nething wrong with the post except that some ppl might think it is a little jumbled up where some sentences r...if u would look again for about half an hour u might understand it...dont be a noob that posts every chance u get just to get ur posts up there to have a chance to win the BAG contest...pce

This is for JDJDJD or wutever his name was

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
i really dont c nething wrong with the post except that some ppl might think it is a little jumbled up where some sentences r...if u would look again for about half an hour u might understand it...dont be a noob that posts every chance u get just to get ur posts up there to have a chance to win the BAG contest...pce

This is for JDJDJD or wutever his name was

die

Madhattr
12-03-2003, 04:19 PM
that is the coolest waffle iron ive ever seen!!

Trento52
12-03-2003, 04:45 PM
I don't mind it but it would look better if it were so round.

Trento52
12-03-2003, 04:46 PM
It would look better if it wasn't so round but i like it. This isn't the picture. In EGM the ps3 was like a sandwhich maker and it was orange and white. So this is all fake.

deophite
12-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Frisbee lol

ShadowWolf
12-03-2003, 06:01 PM
That's funny as hell. I prefer box shapes because it'll fit in my backpack easier when I carry it places :D

RagunCajun
12-03-2003, 06:05 PM
I post in ps2 and ps3 threads because i enjoy my ps2 alot. I am not anti xbox. I dont see how you could get that from me saying ps2 has a better design. By that, i meant it is smaller. Yes it does have a internal modem and HD but i looked pass that. I have the right to say my opinion. Telling me to go on another site and post about something thats already talked about on here if very rude. Please dont do that again.

Now back to the topic. I think it would appeal more if it had more than 2 controler ports. I do find the controlers to be kinda small but im ok with it. Id like for the X, triangle, square and O buttons to kinda change. In games that are pressure sensitive, its kinda hard to apply slight pressure.

The ps2 modem cost me 40$ but playign online is free and i love that. I heard sony or another company(gaming ones) will be charging to play in the future.

Viper87227
12-03-2003, 06:40 PM
I doubt that is going to be what it looks like. Sony needs to focus on getting the cell processor read by 2006 so it can launch with Xbox 2. I doub't they would be worrying about the look of it quite yet.

J4320
12-03-2003, 07:51 PM
My brother is probably gonna get the ps3 and I'm gonna get Xbox 2, that way we will have both!:p (XBOX 2 will be A LOT BETTER though:cool: )

blackiee2002
12-03-2003, 08:00 PM
[I doubt that is going to be what it looks like. Sony needs to focus on getting the cell processor read by 2006 so it can launch with Xbox 2. I doub't they would be worrying about the look of it quite yet.]

if i rightly believe, it will becoming in late 2005. i wish it was 2006 though. too many good games

George89
12-03-2003, 08:23 PM
I really doubt that that can be the final product.

MikeMan91389
12-03-2003, 08:26 PM
granted, they shouldnt be focusing on shape, but i think it does look pretty dang cool...I know what u mean... I MIGHT be able to afford Rainbow 6 3 by the time XBOX2 comes out... LMAO

blackiee2002
12-03-2003, 10:04 PM
its been confirmed to be a fake

rothgar
12-04-2003, 12:37 AM
of course its fake.

i mean, how would you stand it upright if its round. i can just see it now. the systems would break when they roll off of the entertainment system because the 6 foot cord isnt long enough. haha

and if it shattered it would almost be 7 years bad luck. i mean it is close to a mirror.

mattgame
12-04-2003, 09:30 AM
It looks like a high tech waffle maker. I don't like it.

Desperado712
12-04-2003, 11:59 AM
I think it looks kinda neat muhself... I'm with everyone in saying it's probably not gonna look like that anyway.

As far as the PS2 having a better design than xbox Mr. Cajun... I think you got into some bad gumbo... PS2 is really plain looking. To each his own though :cheers:

Spaztic
12-04-2003, 03:29 PM
looks cool but I will be waiting for the xbox2!!! Maybe this ps3 will live up to the toystory2 graphics they promised of the ps2!

Kronicle
12-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Accually, circular would be kind of nice. Sure, no verticle capabilities, but shiny things make you smile. ;) And besides, maybe they would be smart (or stupid) enough to put in 4 controller slots, 2 on left and twon on right of disc tray perhaps. This way you wouldn't have to go out and get the stupid 4 player hook-up :cuss: Just my $7.64 :)