PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube??!?!? more than XBOX??

MikeMan91389
12-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Holy Crap check this out.... I wanna puke:::

Article i found!!!
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=4895
Black Friday was very, very good to Nintendo.

NINTENDO GAMECUBE HITS NO. 1

Combines with Game Boy Advance to Sell More Than 1 Million Systems During Thanksgiving Week

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 2, 2003 – After rocketing up the charts the past several weeks, the Nintendo GameCube™ has now reached No. 1 – it's America's top-selling home video game console, according to direct sales data from the nation's leading retailers. Nintendo GameCube sold more than half a million systems to consumers during Thanksgiving week, easily surpassing its console competitors. Among all game devices, it trailed only Nintendo's portable Game Boy® Advance, which sold almost 600,000 units to U.S. buyers during the week.

"All along, our business plan for this year was to maximize consumer interest and sales during the fourth quarter," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "But frankly, we're overwhelmed by how successful we've been. Our price cut of Nintendo GameCube has ignited sales to the degree that it may turn out to be the best-selling console for the entire month of November. We're tracking to sell more systems in the last eight weeks of the year than we did in the previous 10 months combined."

Nintendo GameCube went from No. 3 to No. 1 in just two months, evidence that the Sept. 25 price drop to an MSRP of $99.99 and the hot new games were just what the public wanted. The library of games available for Nintendo GameCube now stands at more than 320, including America's current hottest game, Mario Kart®: Double Dash™ exclusively for Nintendo GameCube, role-playing and sports games, Pokémon titles for younger players and action and racing games for adults.

Numerous new and upcoming releases that will keep the momentum going include 1080°®: Avalanche, a shred-'em-up snowboarding game; Mario Party® 5, the ultimate party game; F-Zero® GX, the fastest racing game on the market; Mario Golf™: Toadstool Tour, a golf game that appeals equally to novices and experts; Pokémon Channel™, the first-ever Pokémon game available for Nintendo GameCube; and Final Fantasy®: Crystal Chronicles™, an upcoming role-playing game that continues the hit franchise.

Servo
12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
There is about a million morons out there then.

monster1234
12-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Who cares? That's combined with gameboy advanced anyway.

MikeMan91389
12-02-2003, 05:54 PM
I care, just like the other guy sed... There are a ton of morons pickin up that cheap piece of equiptment..... But they only used the advance in the comparison of 1000000 sold on Black Friday...

Still the Game Cube is appealing to all the little kids...

*pukes*

George89
12-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Well, since it is a gamecube fan site which these results came from....they might be a little exaturated. I have seen some gamecube sites that have been saying really weird (and bad) things about XBOX which aren't true like it had a list of games and upcoming games for GC and XB, for GC there was a huge list of "AAA" games, for XBOX they put something like Halo, flight simulator, and a few others.

xbox genius
12-02-2003, 07:04 PM
its not that bad... i mean this is one of its few good sales.... so it dont matter much. but its good for them, and its good for us (cheap) jsut as long as xbox keeps delivering TOP quality games, its all good with me

WillyV2
12-02-2003, 07:13 PM
I never see why people choose a GC over a Xbox, i dont know some people...i think Xbox is the best console out there today... a few of my friends got a GC over a Xbox and now they regret it ....

CRAYMAN
12-02-2003, 07:30 PM
I understand to some degree why people may choose GC over XBX. It has different games that appeal to a diifferent market and is less expensive for a next gen console.

I have NO idea however why someone would choose PS2 over either the GC or XBX.
PS2 is a total rip, when you can get so much more for the same $$..??? by getting the XBX.
I think many are misled into the purchase of a PS2 by fanboys and anti MS people. I saw a lot of this in Electronics stores.

dances with broom sticks
12-02-2003, 07:40 PM
I have a Gamecube? I dont see what it really matters... There is games that I can play on it that I cant on my xbox... Infact I have been playing it 100% more than my xbox this past week and a bit. It all depends on the games out.

skorp
12-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Other than the price drop I'm sure the reasons for improved sales had to do with Mario Kart coming out soon and Also Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles supposedly out this November which order for you to take advantage of a full multi-player experience everyone in session must play this game with a Game Boy Advance.... I say it was perfect timing and in result... Huge sales!

FuNkY mOnK
12-03-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by skorp
Other than the price drop I'm sure the reasons for improved sales had to do with Mario Kart coming out soon and Also Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles supposedly out this November which order for you to take advantage of a full multi-player experience everyone in session must play this game with a Game Boy Advance.... I say it was perfect timing and in result... Huge sales!
Are you saying Final Fantasy Crystal will be multi-player co-op?if so is it split screen or baulders gate type co-op? Or are you saying that it's only multi-player with the game-boy advance? Sorry for all the questions

RudedogX
12-03-2003, 07:51 AM
The price drop in addition to the inclusion of Zelda is what increased their sales. I even said it would occur a week before it did, because that deal was already known. Anyone that didn't think the Gamecube for 80 bucks with Zelda wasn't a good deal was a fool. I almost bought it myself, but decided to forego it.

Sharky53
12-03-2003, 07:55 AM
yes, they only got so many sales because of the low low price and the zelda games. If they were at the same price as xbox it would have never sold that much.... oh well. They wont make lots off of game sales i bet.

Sheeyt
12-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Well duh, I bet if MS dropped the price to 99.00 and included PGR2 and maybe Deus Ex with the system it would sell like hotcakes as well. Unfortunately MS isn't that desperate. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo doesn't drop the price againt to 49.99 and include a third game.

Oh and you can almost guarantee that after Xmas GCs will begin to collect dust on the shelves again. While MS is releasing games like BC, DOOM3, HL2, HALO2, FABLE, NINJA GAIDEN, and all the other great 2004 titles coming GC owners will be extremely dissappointed with their Xmas gift once they've between Celda.

treyz3
12-03-2003, 08:24 AM
When you're comparing a console that just had a price drop and also had a cheap deal going for Black Friday, then it's a no-brainer that it's going to sell big. Why should this be a surprise?

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Servo
There is about a million morons out there then.

make that a million and one

Professor Kaos
12-03-2003, 06:36 PM
If i had the cash I would have bought a GC, I just dont understand what the big deal is. People buy what they want. I just dont understand why people make such a big deal out of buying something over xbox, maybe they dont want an xbox because there are series that aren't on it i.e mare and zeld. After X-mas with my extra cash I might and probalby will buy one.

ShadowWolf
12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
If Xbox dropped like $20 there'd be a spike in sales. GC can be good too, like Double Dash. But Xbox has better graphics ;)

deophite
12-03-2003, 08:17 PM
The GC cost $79 on Black Friday also.

MikeMan91389
12-03-2003, 08:37 PM
First off... XBOX is Better

Second off.... Gamecube is good too.... just different types of stuff... mostly targets little kids.. .Give them some credit...

skorp
12-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

Are you saying Final Fantasy Crystal will be multi-player co-op?if so is it split screen or baulders gate type co-op? Or are you saying that it's only multi-player with the game-boy advance? Sorry for all the questions

NP!

Its supposedly going to be a Baulders Gate type Multi-player (Everyone in one screen) with a preferred choice to use a Gameboy Advance...

Playing it in single player mode you wont need a GBA... The reason for the GBA is while your playing you can look at the GBA screen and go thru your inventory while your characters are battling on the TV...

You can play multi-player with a regular controller but its with limited access to your inventory...:(

So if you decide to play with three other buddies then all four of you will each be using a GBA to play FF:CC if you want a full gameplay expereince....