PDA

View Full Version : Final Fable BOXART!!

Brevity
12-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Wow, it might actually come out lol.

http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=5187

Looks freaken BAD A S S!!!

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/182/1070427320.jpg

Sheeyt
12-03-2003, 07:39 AM
TXB will probably sue XBA for this. The boxart is supposed to be "exclusive" to TXB only. They are very anal.

Sharky53
12-03-2003, 07:56 AM
cool! i like that boxart very much. I think it may be the best one for a game EVER

asammw
12-03-2003, 07:59 AM
Nice lets hope the game lives up to the rumours too...:watchout:

BigJosh359
12-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Whooptiedo! Exclusive box art! WOW!

Sheeyt
12-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey man I was just going by the article, and past experience with TXB.

Whoopage
12-03-2003, 08:17 AM
i don't think they can do anything to XBA when one of its members posts it on the forums...

But neway...Thats really sweet....i can't wait for this game...

asammw
12-03-2003, 08:21 AM
im really looking forward to adding this one to my collection...
Just hope its as good as the hype makes out, although itll be good with half the features...:D

Sheeyt
12-03-2003, 08:40 AM
Actually I think they could. It's a copyright violation, everything on their website is copyrighted and you would need specific permission from them to use their images. After all the picture is watermarked with the TXB logo. I'm just trying to help XBA out and warn them of any potential problems of people posting things.

I believe if they provide the link that would be ok, but since he posted the actual picture they could stur up a hornets nest.

BigJosh359
12-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
Actually I think they could. It's a copyright violation, everything on their website is copyrighted and you would need specific permission from them to use their images. After all the picture is watermarked with the TXB logo. I'm just trying to help XBA out and warn them of any potential problems of people posting things.

I believe if they provide the link that would be ok, but since he posted the actual picture they could stur up a hornets nest.

The box art is already out without the TXB logo watermark.....

Im more interested in their developer chat!

Brevity
12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Also I dont even go to that site that often and not in the last three months for sure. I actually found this on the xengamer forum.

BigJosh359
12-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Hard to make anything "exclusive" on the internet. :)

Brevity
12-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
Hard to make anything "exclusive" on the internet. :)

Word, Hell magazines can hardly do it anymore. PPL can post scans of the stuff.

thrAsher
12-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Who cares!!!!!!!!! IT'S BE-YOOTIFUL!!!!

:hail: :hail: :hail:

You rock, Brevity. :cheers:

Shadow20002
12-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Why not in 3d or CG graphics ? Look sweet anyway ! ;)

Whoopage
12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Why not in 3d or CG graphics ? Look sweet anyway ! ;)

wow...

i didn't know you got yourself on staff Shadow...maybe i'm just way out of the loop...this did just happen right?

but neway...congrats!:cheers:

thrAsher
12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
I'm so tempted to print this out on the 36" plotter I got here. Blow that baby up to wall size. Just need to find a version w/o the TXB watermark. :wink:

Brevity
12-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I'm so tempted to print this out on the 36" plotter I got here. Blow that baby up to wall size. Just need to find a version w/o the TXB watermark. :wink:
Photoshop it out. Then print two,,one for me. hehe

thrAsher
12-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Brevity

Photoshop it out. Then print two,,one for me. hehe
:cheers: 11x17 laser prints, maybe????

Looks like there is gonna be a Developer Chat tomorrow night...

A moderated chat on the channel #fable (Quakenet) will host its first official chat, starting at 18:30 GMT (1 PM EST, 10 AM PST), tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 4th with Peter Molyneux, Dene and Simon Carter and other members of the development team taking part.

Now, if I only knew how the heck to get on..... :cuss:

Yankeez
12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
i heard that if u print that cover out and glue it on to a cd and put it in ur xbox u can play a demo of Fable

looks both ways.....runs to his xbox

Whoopage
12-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez
i heard that if u print that cover out and glue it on to a cd and put it in ur xbox u can play a demo of Fable

lmao...

BEST. POST. OF. THE. DAY. award...
neat

EDIT:

by the way TheRightIsRight...

you know that little agreement/disclaimer thing when you sign up to post here...(i think its there, but it is listed somewhere)...that says that XBA cannot be held responsible for the content of thier members posts...

or something like that...so if someone were to get in trouble it would be Brevity...not XBA

FuNkY mOnK
12-03-2003, 11:50 AM
the box art only shows one path and it looks evil, what happened to the other paths you can take. I guess they looked to boring. Or maybe that’s the appearance before choosing: :confused:

Shorezy
12-03-2003, 12:17 PM
That's fantastic man. Thanks for the find. I'm gettin more and more pumped for this game everyday!

Trento52
12-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I never knew it was an exclusive game. Will they port it to pc? Like Halo? Well that game looks sweet i am interested to see something instead of jusy hearing about it.

WillyV2
12-03-2003, 06:30 PM
pretty cool stuff id say... i think this game is going to be amazing of course i love rpg's so it should be fun... the box art looks pretty sweet... i hope the game is to

xbox genius
12-03-2003, 06:57 PM
wow it does look tight, but i think what stands out of this box art is that yellow message that says only on xbox :cheers:

DocHoliday78
12-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez

Oh wow that demo is awesome man, thanks for tip:p

George89
12-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Though the box art is cool, I dont think anything on Fable can be final yet.

DocHoliday78
12-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by George89
Though the box art is cool, I dont think anything on Fable can be final yet.

That is definatly true. Wasnt this game supposed to come out in early 2002?

MikeMan91389
12-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Oh wow that demo is awesome man, thanks for tip:p

I feel the same way.. But seriously, that game looks sooo good.. I cant wait... Im going to spend so much time on my XBOX when that comes out :)

deophite
12-03-2003, 09:14 PM
lookin great

Nameless
12-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Thats some amazing art, simple but effective. Now if only the damn game would come out!!!

Sharky53
12-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Thats some amazing art, simple but effective. Now if only the damn game would come out!!!

IT WILL NEVER COME OUT!!! NEVER I TELL U!!!!! MUHAHAHAH

RagunCajun
12-04-2003, 08:27 AM
Nice box art. Anyways i was wonder what kind of game is Fable and whats gameplay like. I've seen alot of alk about it but never knew what it was about. Any help would be nice.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 08:41 AM
This game is going to sell like crap. Big Blue Box will never make another MS game after its big project for the past 5 years sells under 500,000 copies worldwide.

OC Noob
12-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Nice box art. Anyways i was wonder what kind of game is Fable and whats gameplay like. I've seen alot of alk about it but never knew what it was about. Any help would be nice.

Its an RPG with a lot of aspects of action games. Fable grows up during the game and changes physically due to your gaming style. The world is also always changing and reacting to your actions. Some reviewers called it a finacial sim to because of the complex economy in the game.

Whats cool is you can learn to burp or fart and doing so in a populated area makes you popular with the guys and unpopular with the girls. Every action effects the way the world reacts to you.

Very cool concept.

ps combat is more like an action game with combos and all that stuff, which is a big improvement over the typical RPG systems.

OC Noob
12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by SmileBit
This game is going to sell like crap. Big Blue Box will never make another MS game after its big project for the past 5 years sells under 500,000 copies worldwide.

Why is that?

Don't say because its not on GC, please.

Its sure to sell more then that off hype alone.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob

Why is that?

Don't say because its not on GC, please.

Its sure to sell more then that off hype alone.

Nothing sells well on XBox if its not a shooting game. Look at all Japanese developed games. If this doesnt have the Master Cheif on the cover it will sell like ****. XBox games always do.

Joe XBox wont buy a good game unless a big name is attached.

PS: The character designs in this game are awful.

RudedogX
12-04-2003, 09:25 AM

Nothing sells well on XBox if its not a shooting game. Look at all Japanese developed games. If this doesnt have the Master Cheif on the cover it will sell like ****. XBox games always do.

Joe XBox wont buy a good game unless a big name is attached.

PS: The character designs in this game are awful. More proof that this is indeed the one and true smilebit back!:rofl:

Sorry man, but if you look at the quality of games coming out on the RPG side, there haven't been that many that have been very hyped. The two that I can think of that were truly hyped that were quality have done very well for themselves (Morrowind and KOTOR). This is not because they were quality games, but because they were quality RPGs. The only other one that I can remember that was mildly hyped, but in the end was a huge disappointment, due to it being the first 'RPG' on the XBox was Azurik. Well, we all know how that was.:rolleyes:

In the end, I think the evidence is there that if you supply the owners with a quality game, they will provide support in abundance, but if you attempt to supply the owners/gamers with a half-assed product that doesn't meet expectations, you expect poor sales by the consumers, as you would expect in any selling arena.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
More proof that this is indeed the one and true smilebit back!:rofl:

Sorry man, but if you look at the quality of games coming out on the RPG side, there haven't been that many that have been very hyped. The two that I can think of that were truly hyped that were quality have done very well for themselves (Morrowind and KOTOR). This is not because they were quality games, but because they were quality RPGs. The only other one that I can remember that was mildly hyped, but in the end was a huge disappointment, due to it being the first 'RPG' on the XBox was Azurik. Well, we all know how that was.:rolleyes:

In the end, I think the evidence is there that if you supply the owners with a quality game, they will provide support in abundance, but if you attempt to supply the owners/gamers with a half-assed product that doesn't meet expectations, you expect poor sales by the consumers, as you would expect in any selling arena.

I dont know what youve been smoking but KOTOR was a dissapointment sales wise. It was a huge, praised, Star Wars game that has yet to sell near 1 million copies worlwide.

Take a look at every other hugely praised game for XBox and youll see 90% of them sell way below expectations because Joe XBox is a dumb American.

Joe XBox has never heard of Fable and realizes there are no epic gun battles in this game. It will not crack 500,000 worldwide. You can quote me on that.

Xelcier
12-04-2003, 09:44 AM
You are incorrect....

Many people are buying Xboxs just for Fable. More people know about Fable then you think. Its name is one that many people know and have seen. It got hyped early and PC gamers like me also bought the Xbox for the Fable. Then I found there is tons of kickass games for Xbox.

I could of went PS2 or Cube but one is graphic defunked and the other cant sell games.

:D

Plus isnt Full Spectrum Warrior on Xbox?

That game looks good.

Fable will be damn sweet.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Xelcier
You are incorrect....

Many people are buying Xboxs just for Fable. More people know about Fable then you think. Its name is one that many people know and have seen. It got hyped early and PC gamers like me also bought the Xbox for the Fable. Then I found there is tons of kickass games for Xbox.

I could of went PS2 or Cube but one is graphic defunked and the other cant sell games.

:D

Plus isnt Full Spectrum Warrior on Xbox?

That game looks good.

Fable will be damn sweet.

You are a moron. Joe XBox has no idea what hits XBox until another Joe Moron tells him its out. Im guessing a wopping 1% of XBox owners knows Fable is coming out. Id say about half of them will get it.

On to your PS2/Cube bash.

PS2 - Go download a clip of KillZone. Its graphics are right up there with Halo 2 and its animations are better.

Cube - Nintendo may have had trouble selling consoles a few months ago but they have always sold 1st party games extreamly well. I beleive Zelda, SSBros Mellee, Mario Sunshine and a few others have outsold every XBox game to date.

Casper
12-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Smilebit - do me a favor - be as much of a blinded by the lameness that is Nintendo, but chill with the 'you're a moron' crap, because honestly, there's gonna be some flaming going on, and with the way you present yourself on here, I don't see many people coming to your aide.

Fable will be a hit seller, with or without XBL support, but as soon as we get an official date, I will be pre-ordering it.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Smilebit - do me a favor - be as much of a blinded by the lameness that is Nintendo, but chill with the 'you're a moron' crap, because honestly, there's gonna be some flaming going on, and with the way you present yourself on here, I don't see many people coming to your aide.

Fable will be a hit seller, with or without XBL support, but as soon as we get an official date, I will be pre-ordering it.

Now you my friend are a moron. Seriously though, do you think before you post?

Fable will be a hit seller like what?

Panzar Dragoon Orta?
GunValkery?
Silent Hill?
Crimson Skies?
DOA VolleyBall?

Look I could go on and list more great/anticipated games that have sold like dung on XBox but I dont want to waste my time with people who come to arguments unprepared.

You should do a little research before going toe tot toe with me. The research shows XBox games dont sell.

thrAsher
12-04-2003, 10:04 AM

Now you my friend are a moron. Seriously though, do you think before you post?
Who IS this guy???? Casper JUST said to cut the 'moron' crap. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, FABLE OWNS YOUR SOUL!!!!! Mwahahahahah!

Brevity
12-04-2003, 10:11 AM
BIG thanks to thrAsher for mailing me this box art in a nice big photo that I can put up in my game room. :cheers:

OC Noob
12-04-2003, 10:15 AM

I dont know what youve been smoking but KOTOR was a dissapointment sales wise. It was a huge, praised, Star Wars game that has yet to sell near 1 million copies worlwide.

Take a look at every other hugely praised game for XBox and youll see 90% of them sell way below expectations because Joe XBox is a dumb American.

Joe XBox has never heard of Fable and realizes there are no epic gun battles in this game. It will not crack 500,000 worldwide. You can quote me on that.

KOTOR breaks Xbox sales record:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=94652

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/431/431922p1.html?fromint=1

DOA3 and PGR sell over 1 million copies and are NOT Halo! Errrrr... straight from the article, "this makes Xbox the first video game system ever to have three million-unit-selling launch titles after just eight months on the market."

http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/316/

Chances also are that KOTOR has sold a million copies by the time you're reading this, and it's still got a Christmas season ahead of it:

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/083003finallap/8.html

KOTOR was a sales diapointment... ? Dude, quite making S**t up. I could go on all day. You are wrong.

If anyone is the "dumb American" it is you. Unless you aren't American, then you are just plain dumb.

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 10:17 AM
This guy smilebit has a lot of steam to vent. Can't blame him you would to if you were a nintendo fanboy with no on-line play and on the brink of extinction. I say Ban him he has no resolve and knows nothing of gaming privileges.

RagunCajun
12-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanx for the explination OC Noob. I think ill enjoy this game seeing how like RPG's w/o all that hit power and menu fighting crap. I love a good story and by the looks of it, it will have one.

RudedogX
12-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
This guy smilebit has a lot of steam to vent. Can't blame him you would to if you were a nintendo fanboy with no on-line play and on the brink of extinction. I say Ban him he has no resolve and knows nothing of gaming privileges. Nah, don't ban him. He was great in the early days just for this!:rofl: He was on here a long time ago, and when he got banned, people got bored because there were no more true Gamecube fanboys around!

Also, OC Noob, nice job, and just for that...

Originally posted by Smilebit

Yes, I will quote you on that, because when FABLE not only sells over 500,000, but also 1 million, I will be the first to line up and lmao @ you. Let's face it man, we all know you are a Nintendo Fanboy who cannot see the truth right in front of his eyes. There was a reason why Nintendo was the laughing stock of E3 (and yes, I was there, and witnessed their laughable presentation). They have no vision for the future. They refuse to understand that gamers today need online play and not linking to a handheld unit that does not provide good graphics in today's technologically advanced world.

'Nuff Said.:yikes:

thrAsher
12-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
BIG thanks to thrAsher for mailing me this box art in a nice big photo that I can put up in my game room. :cheers:
:watchout: Who did what when?

Should be in the mail today, bro.

Brnthngs
12-04-2003, 11:31 AM
I for one am going to order this game as soon as it becomes avalible

Brevity
12-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Brnthngs
I for one am going to order this game as soon as it becomes avalible
Preorder it now from alot of places like here:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/232734.asp

# 1 Stunner
12-04-2003, 11:51 AM

Joe XBox has never heard of Fable and realizes there are no epic gun battles in this game. It will not crack 500,000 worldwide. You can quote me on that. smilebit i think i played you on xbl couple days ago if i new u were this ignorant at an xbox site i would of team killed you...:cheers:

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
smilebit i think i played you on xbl couple days ago if i new u were this ignorant at an xbox site i would of team killed you...:cheers:
Let me know when he's in town because i'm bored and i have use for him.

OC Noob
12-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Thanx for the explination OC Noob. I think ill enjoy this game seeing how like RPG's w/o all that hit power and menu fighting crap. I love a good story and by the looks of it, it will have one.

Yeah, I don't typically like the menu fighting of RPGs either. It takes a pretty good game (like KOTOR) for me to get past it.

Maybe Smilebit should put his Cube where his mouth is. If Fable sells more then 500,000 copies (ever) then he will smash his GC and record it for all to see with a web cam.

If Fable doesn't sell over 500,000 copies I will smash my Xbo... errrr GC and record it with a web cam for all to see.

Either way it should be good for a laugh:p

X-Fan
12-04-2003, 01:50 PM

why dont u ppl ban this ****ing troll? i mean all i see this loser doing is dissing either the xbox or the ppl who bought xbox.moron we hae had crap load of hot selling games plus if u think the gc is so HOT why dont u go to gcaddict or something similar.

Gosby
12-04-2003, 01:56 PM
sweet box art!

Whoopage
12-04-2003, 01:59 PM
I noticed that once the real facts were posted by OC, Smile won't respond....

whats wrong smile? Scared?

monster1234
12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
The box art is ok.

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Whoopage
I noticed that once the real facts were posted by OC, Smile won't respond....

whats wrong smile? Scared?
He'll be back he's taking reassurance classes at Nintendo.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 06:25 PM

KOTOR breaks Xbox sales record:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=94652

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/431/431922p1.html?fromint=1

DOA3 and PGR sell over 1 million copies and are NOT Halo! Errrrr... straight from the article, "this makes Xbox the first video game system ever to have three million-unit-selling launch titles after just eight months on the market."

http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/316/

Chances also are that KOTOR has sold a million copies by the time you're reading this, and it's still got a Christmas season ahead of it:

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/083003finallap/8.html

KOTOR was a sales diapointment... ? Dude, quite making S**t up. I could go on all day. You are wrong.

If anyone is the "dumb American" it is you. Unless you aren't American, then you are just plain dumb.

Wonderful! We have someone that actually tries in here. Its true KOTOR sold excelent during its early days. However if you were paying attention to monthly sales charts you would have seen it drop off quickly. A high percentage of people who bought this game thought it was going to be an action game like Jedi Academy. It went from selling awsome in its first week to underperforming then on out.

PS: When a huge Star Wars game fails to hit a million copies quickly something is wrong.

PGR and DOA did sell awsome during XBoxs launch. However that was when XBox owners were forced to pick between 30 or so games. Take a look at how well PGR2 is selling. Theres no way thats going to hit a million. Look at how poorley DOA VB sold. It was awful.

XBox may have 4 or 5 million sellers. That in itself is NOT good. Sony must have over 20 by now and Nintendos Gamecube probably has around 10.

XBoxs most recent big titles have ALL sold below expectations.

AlBoogy
12-04-2003, 06:33 PM

Wonderful! We have someone that actually tries in here. Its true KOTOR sold excelent during its early days. However if you were paying attention to monthly sales charts you would have seen it drop off quickly. A high percentage of people who bought this game thought it was going to be an action game like Jedi Academy. It went from selling awsome in its first week to underperforming then on out.

PS: When a huge Star Wars game fails to hit a million copies quickly something is wrong.

I personally think it dropped off because only hardcore gamers know what this game is about and it didnt have the advertising juggernaut like Sony's titles do. There should be commercials STILL running for KOTOR for the holiday season. GTA commercials for ps2 were running for a year before Sony stopped running commercials for them.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

I personally think it dropped off because only hardcore gamers know what this game is about and it didnt have the advertising juggernaut like Sony's titles do. There should be commercials STILL running for KOTOR for the holiday season. GTA commercials for ps2 were running for a year before Sony stopped running commercials for them.

You can make all the excuses you want but the fact remains this isnt selling as well as it should.

Consider this: A Star Wars RPG is having trouble selling a million on the XBox. How do you think a no name RPG is going to sell?

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 07:11 PM

You can make all the excuses you want but the fact remains this isnt selling as well as it should.

Consider this: A Star Wars RPG is having trouble selling a million on the XBox. How do you think a no name RPG is going to sell? I'll tell you how a no name RPG will sell on Xbox, Much better then Charlie's Angels on Gamecube. Smellbit did you even play Kotor? And how in gods name can you tell if Fable won't be the opposite of what your saying. If you proved anything here today is that you are the Dumbest American Gamer to date. Whats with all this hatered towards a gaming console, what are you out to prove or do you just like the attention? Come on everybody give smellbit a hug.

OC Noob
12-04-2003, 07:20 PM

Consider this: A Star Wars RPG is having trouble selling a million on the XBox. How do you think a no name RPG is going to sell?

First, KOTOR has almost sold a million copies or possible already has if you bothered to read the article I linked. Secondly, Its only been out for 4.5 months. I doubt Halo sold much better in the first 4.5 months and its sitting at 3 million now. So I'm really not sure where you get the "trouble selling a million" information.

I'd like to see you find a 3rd party game for the GC that has sold a million copies in 4 1/2 months.

The games you listed that didn't sell well weren't hype much, weren't good or were niche games like DOA BV. Most people are probably embarased to be seen playing it. Is it even a good game? Silent Hill is a good game, but nothing to get excited about.

PGR2 has been out for what... all of a week or two and its already a disapointment? Hell, has it even been a week yet? Where are you getting sales numbers at, because I didn't find any. Post the link an if it shows low sales figures I'll believe you and even smash your GC now instead of later if you'd like:D

Seriously, post some links. Otherwise I'll assume you're making all this stuff up.

EDITED FOR HUG:

*Teletubie big hug*

I was very tempted to add a wedgie to that hug...

JR Alberda
12-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey Smilebit, go sit in your room and play MarioParty 4 you tard. GC is blessed with only a few fun titles to play while I sit with my many enjoyable xbox titles. The only reason that GC is doing good at all is that it is a system for 5-12 year olds, and thier parents buy them for the kids not knowing what a craptastic system that it is. Maybe the reason that KOTOR sales dropped off is because most people who wanted it off the launch bought it right away and the rest are waiting to get it for Christmas.

Fable will be a great game, it along with BC are the 2 most explorative and groundbreaking games that will be released on any system within the next 8-12 months. They will sell better thans your Mom and sister giving out 2 dollar bj's out back of the local pub. (maybe a bit out of line but for a gc fanboy I think it fits) So enjoy playing MarioParty with its 60 new minigames wrapped in the same old Marioparty package and keep telling yourself that your GC is worth more than the $20 i would consider buying it for.

GC=TODDLERS TOY
XBOX=KADM (kick A** Dream machine)

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by JR Alberda
keep telling yourself that your GC is worth more than the $20 i would consider buying it for.

GC=TODDLERS TOY
XBOX=KADM (kick A** Dream machine)

The Game-cube is actually very versatile, when not playing games it can serve as a Kleenex dispenser, I'd say it's worth a little more.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 07:43 PM

First, KOTOR has almost sold a million copies or possible already has if you bothered to read the article I linked. Secondly, Its only been out for 4.5 months. I doubt Halo sold much better in the first 4.5 months and its sitting at 3 million now. So I'm really not sure where you get the "trouble selling a million" information.

I'd like to see you find a 3rd party game for the GC that has sold a million copies in 4 1/2 months.

The games you listed that didn't sell well weren't hype much, weren't good or were niche games like DOA BV. Most people are probably embarased to be seen playing it. Is it even a good game? Silent Hill is a good game, but nothing to get excited about.

PGR2 has been out for what... all of a week or two and its already a disapointment? Hell, has it even been a week yet? Where are you getting sales numbers at, because I didn't find any. Post the link an if it shows low sales figures I'll believe you and even smash your GC now instead of later if you'd like:D

Seriously, post some links. Otherwise I'll assume you're making all this stuff up.

EDITED FOR HUG:

*Teletubie big hug*

I was very tempted to add a wedgie to that hug...

KOTOR is not even close to a million copies. Where are you getting your info? It was stagnant at 500,000 units the last time I checked meaning it wasnt being boughten much at all.

Sonic Adventure 2 DX sold over a million in its first 5 months. I own you in every way son.

PGR2 has been seen sagging low on weekely sales charts in America. Actually i dont think this game is even on the weekly sales charts its selling so badly. Go check www.npd.com and come back with facts. You have none.

Dare I ask how many million sellers the XBox has overall to prove to you how badly games sell on it? Ill dig up some NGC numbers. i garantee the Cube will have over twice as much as the XBox.

morrowindGOD
12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
There are way to many games that i want this coming few months. lol this including one of them even tho this wont be out for another year lol Thanks for the pic dude!

Peepers
12-04-2003, 08:14 PM
That is so sweet! I can't wait to start playing this game! If it meets half my expectatoins, it will be a masterpiece!

Hitman101
12-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
TXB will probably sue XBA for this. The boxart is supposed to be "exclusive" to TXB only. They are very anal.

Ok, why whould txb sue xba ??? If any this Brevity would get the law suit for posting this. :p

OC Noob
12-04-2003, 09:47 PM

KOTOR is not even close to a million copies. Where are you getting your info? It was stagnant at 500,000 units the last time I checked meaning it wasnt being boughten much at all.

Sonic Adventure 2 DX sold over a million in its first 5 months. I own you in every way son.

PGR2 has been seen sagging low on weekely sales charts in America. Actually i dont think this game is even on the weekly sales charts its selling so badly. Go check www.npd.com and come back with facts. You have none.

Dare I ask how many million sellers the XBox has overall to prove to you how badly games sell on it? Ill dig up some NGC numbers. i garantee the Cube will have over twice as much as the XBox.

http://www.npdfunworld.com/funServlet?nextpage=index.html

Like I thought, you're making everything you say up. They don't even have October figures yet and that article I linked in the multi link post says very clearly its near 1 million and probably 1 million by the time you are reading this. So its sold about 500,000 copies since you last checked. I'd hardly call that sagging.

I come with links and facts and all you come with is made up BS. This is pointless and I am done. You may own me, but I'm about to own your mom and sis for $4.

Off the the bar... well behind the bar atleast.

If you can't provide a valid link to a specific article to prove JUST 1 thing you claim they should ban your @ss for trolling.

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 09:54 PM

http://www.npdfunworld.com/funServlet?nextpage=index.html

Like I thought, you're making everything you say up. They don't even have October figures yet and that article I linked in the multi link post says very clearly its near 1 million and probably 1 million by the time you are reading this. So its sold about 500,000 copies since you last checked. I'd hardly call that sagging.

I come with links and facts and all you come with is made up BS. This is pointless and I am done. You may own me, but I'm about to own your mom and sis for $4.

Off the the bar... well behind the bar atleast.

If you can't provide a valid link to a specific article to prove JUST 1 thing you claim they should ban your @ss for trolling.

LOL. I love how you have prooven nothing as well. Why dont you try clinking on your own link to see it shows nothing but a front page.

X-Fan
12-05-2003, 04:01 AM

LOL. I love how you have prooven nothing as well. Why dont you try clinking on your own link to see it shows nothing but a front page.
hey dumbass look:
http://www.npdfunworld.com/fun/images/npdworld_fact4.gif

Flood
12-05-2003, 05:45 AM
definetly some nice box art...nice find Brevity

RudedogX
12-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Look at how poorley DOA VB sold. It was awful.
You said the reason for DOA VB's sales right there. It was an awful game. See that's the difference between most XBox gamers and the rest. We actually talk to fellow gamers on a regular basis and word of mouth gets around much faster than on any system. Everyone was hyped about this game, but once reviews came out, both from 'professionals' and fellow gamers, it was obvious this game was nothing more than a farce, and pathetic attempt at a dating sim for the gaming community. It's been long known that the Japanese have different tastes in games than Americans, and this is a prime example. The japanese love dating sims. An American won't touch it with a ten foot pole.:rolleyes:

borka105
12-05-2003, 06:54 AM

PGR and DOA did sell awsome during XBoxs launch. However that was when XBox owners were forced to pick between 30 or so games. Take a look at how well PGR2 is selling. Theres no way thats going to hit a million. Look at how poorley DOA VB sold. It was awful.

XBox may have 4 or 5 million sellers. That in itself is NOT good. Sony must have over 20 by now and Nintendos Gamecube probably has around 10.

XBoxs most recent big titles have ALL sold below expectations.

pgr2 will break a million a lot faster than project gotham

ghost recon has sold over a million for xbox.

again, these individual sales don't mean much when the xbox has zillions of games.

on the CUBE you have 1 FOOTBALL game to choose from, on the XBOX you have 3......

GET THE POINT!!!

-borka105