PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden delayed

mattgame
11-26-2003, 01:12 PM
I just came form IGN and they have a story that Ninja Gaiden the long awaited blockbuster from Tecmo has been delayed until February. Did anyone hear about this? I didn't see any threads about it. Anyway, it is supposedly a rumor and Tecmo will say something soon. I checked EB and they still have it for a mid December release. This annoys me so much, but there are still good games out there for the holiday season.

MikeMan91389
11-26-2003, 01:15 PM
I hope not! I want that game sooo much... If I hear anything, ill reply again!

Peepers
11-26-2003, 01:35 PM
That's too bad. But I don't even take initial release dates seriously anymore. Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a (smaller) delay after this one. The only games that do meet their initial release dates are buggier than a dirty diaper at the bottom of a swamp. (Think Enter the Matrix.)

daneford
11-26-2003, 01:46 PM
i'll be mad if its true, i cant wait to play NG, it better not be delayed:cry:

JimmieDoogan
11-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Why even bother with a release date when your just going to keep pushing it back... why not go with the "When it's done" moniker... that way you can NEVER release anything and no one will care... just like Fable... or Duke Nukem Forever... You all know those games don't you? You don't... that's because they're never coming out ;) JK... So be it I guess... But I stick by it... when it's done should be the motto for all good games.

l Maximus l
11-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Despite Ninja Gaiden's delay, there are tons of sweet games coming out for this holiday season...it's nice to see that additional bad ass games are soon to follow, if you ask me :)

Shadow20002
11-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I can't wait until February, i have enough some games i want that have being delay....maybe it's the time to put the Xbox back to his box cover.... :watchout:

xbox genius
11-26-2003, 05:44 PM
eh i'm not looking forward for ninja gaiden by this time. right now i want GTA DP and metal arms, maybe those smaller price games that one of the XBA members posted at circuit city... i'll wait for ninja gaiden to go cheap, i have a bad feeling that game will be too repititive.

Trento52
11-26-2003, 06:20 PM
WTF!!! They always do this i can't believe this stupid bull sh** man i been looking forward to buying this or getting it this christmas or something why god this better be a rumor!!!

JJaX
11-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Though an official announcement has yet to be made, the 'Net is swarming with rumors that Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo's highly anticipated holiday game, will not make its mid-December ship date. Instead, the game is said to come out February of next year.

- IGN Insider

But whatever, the delay doesnt bother me. Theres to many great games out, i cant keep up.

MikeMan91389
11-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
That's too bad. But I don't even take initial release dates seriously anymore. Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a (smaller) delay after this one. The only games that do meet their initial release dates are buggier than a dirty diaper at the bottom of a swamp. (Think Enter the Matrix.)

haha, aint that the truth :)

BunnyRabbit
11-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Thats too bad because Id already had this one on my christmas list, but in a way its a good thing..Because I need to edit a few off the list anyway it will make things easier...

Now that thats out of the question for Xmas...Ill just have to reduce my list of eight games to three or so..:p

Fanboy5000
11-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah, this sucks. Gamestop called me to tell me about the delay, that **** didn't make me happy.

mattgame
12-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Fanboy5000
Yeah, this sucks. Gamestop called me to tell me about the delay, that **** didn't make me happy.

EB hasn't changed their date yet.

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Ya it aint so Tecmizzo, say it aint sizzow... my one true dream has is officially getting da much rumored delay.

Here is da official word from ebgames.com in reference to my Ninja Gaiden Pre-Order ... sniff... :cry:

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us,
we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that
we have changed the projected ship date for Ninja Gaiden to 2/10/2004. The publisher
did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should
not be considered firm. We will update this date again as we receive new information.
As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

To check the status of your order, please visit https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccount/orderstatus/default.asp

If you need further assistance, you can reply to this e-mail or give us a call at
1-877-432-9675 (internationally at 1-702-614-1570). We're here seven days a week
from 8:00 AM to Midnight (EST).

Thank you for choosing EBgames.com.

Best Regards,
EBgames.com Customer Service Team

About release dates:
EBgames.com works tirelessly with game publishers to ensure accurate release dates
on our site. Occasionally, publishers decide to delay production to improve quality
or add new features. Sometimes dates move forward; more often they move back and
frequently they get changed more than once.

If a game is scheduled for release far in the future, the publisher may not even
give us a date. In those cases we rely on the collective wisdom of our buying staff
to estimate a date based on their knowledge of the industry and the publisher's
history.

We guarantee that we will always post the best information provided by publishers.
We know that you want that hot new game yesterday and we want to be the company
that gets it to you quicker than anyone else.

RudedogX
12-03-2003, 12:29 PM
2/10/2004?!? Damn, that is pretty far for a delay. So basically we'll have two months before Halo2 comes out after that then :huh:

BTW, good to see you back around Ninja!:cheers:

Variation-XBA
12-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Yea, our computer at work updated the date like a week or 2 ago :( Oh well...

Caesar SYN
12-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Ninja Scroll whats the story man? Havent talked in a while...

Got LINKS 2004 bro gotta a tourney for you to enter...

and wasnt Halo 2 supposed to be out hmmm last year..

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
2/10/2004?!? Damn, that is pretty far for a delay. So basically we'll have two months before Halo2 comes out after that then

BTW, good to see you back around Ninja!

Yeeeeah dawg, it's gonna be awhile befoe we can get hyped foe Ninja Gaiden again, ...damn,.. it was da only joint coming out (though I will get others) I was really excited foe! :cuss:

And what you mean 2 month befoe Halo2?!?!:watchout:
I thought dat joint was droppin in Feb/March too!:eek:

Oh, and im around when I can lil'RDX.

It's just about havin da time, feel me nephew?;)

btw, I was pretty hyped foe dat Ryu Wallscroll ebgames.com is giving away foe free with da pre-orders.
I was gonna hang dat joint in my bedroom right above where dat baby makin bed be at yo!:D

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LittleCaesar
Ninja Scroll whats the story man? Havent talked in a while...

Got LINKS 2004 bro gotta a tourney for you to enter...

and wasnt Halo 2 supposed to be out hmmm last year..

Damn! It has been sometime homie, ...shoot, I think da last time we talked was during dem NFL2K3 league games!:eek: ...
You ever recover from dat murder beef?:D

Yo, I aint resubscribe to XBL yet!:o
I just aint been on it since early November.
Im gonna get back into it, though one of da title wont be Links2004. Sorry kid, im just not into golf games.

What else you got? You getting Ninja Gaiden next year? It's gonna be XBL enabled!

Fanboy5000
12-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

EB hasn't changed their date yet.

You might want to check agian.

silvertrace
12-03-2003, 02:03 PM
tell me again why we missed u?

:watchout:

mattgame
12-03-2003, 03:36 PM
I checked again. They changed it.:cry:

It's February.

WillyV2
12-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Delayed.... oh well i think when it comes out it should be good and for some worth the wait

DocHoliday78
12-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Of course they delayed it. This is all one giant plan by microsoft to unleash hell in 2004.

deophite
12-03-2003, 09:03 PM
BAHHH I say!

Shadow20002
12-03-2003, 09:28 PM
I want it in this year.... :(

Variation-XBA
12-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

Hahaha....:hail: :hail:

Sharky53
12-03-2003, 11:13 PM
bumped back.... harsh. Oh well there is tons of good games out right now that i still have not played.

MikeMan91389
12-04-2003, 06:13 AM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/442/442864p1.html?fromint=1

December 03, 2003 - In case you haven't heard, Ninja Gaiden has been delayed until next February. While Tecmo's official statement on the matter won't be released until this Friday, sources close to the company have confirmed, and reconfirmed the game's delay. So official comment or not, it's pretty much fact now.

What does this mean for the Xbox as a whole? Depending on who you are, not much, really. While a number of high-profile titles have been pushed back until next year - Sudeki, Fable, and Starcraft: Ghost immediately come to mind - it would be absurd to think that there is a lack of quality games - exclusive or not - for the Xbox this holiday season. With Project Gotham Racing 2, Top Spin, Amped, Prince of Persia, Grand Theft Auto, Beyond Good & Evil, Deus Ex 2, True Crime: Streets of L.A., Metal Arms: Glitch in the System and Rainbow Six 3 (just to name a few) to keep you busy the next couple of months or so, do we really have reason to complain? Just check out our Review Roundup or our Game of the Month features to get an idea of how many games we actually have to play. Add to that the fact that the game now has time to become even better, and the fact that we will now have some big games to play in the normally slow season, and the delay could be seen as a positive thing.
Ok, we still want to play Ninja Gaiden as soon as possible, but there's no use crying over spilt milk, is there? We must look on the bright side and be optimistic, right? Ninjas are deadlier after December, aren't they? We know, we know. But because we care so much about you guys and are aware of how disappointed you are about the delay, we've secured some new exclusive screens, as well as some cool info on some of the weapons in the game to help ease the delay pangs. So without further ado, here's a sampling of the weapons of destruction found in Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden.

Primary Weapons
There are many Primary Weapons available. These are your default weapons that you will be using the most. Here are a few from the list of formidable weapons, many of which are upgradeable into other forms.

Dragon Sword
This is a game with a ninja, and everyone knows that a ninja always uses a sword. So it's no surprise, then, that one of Ryu's primary weapons is just that - a sword.

A Japanese sword passed down through the generations in the Hayabusa Ninja Clan. It is said to have been carved out of the fang of a dragon. This sword is the same legendary sword featured in previous Ninja Gaiden games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nunchaku
Besides a sword, the next most obvious weapon of choice are the nunchaku. Used by everyone from Ryu to Michaelangelo (of TMNT fame), the nunchaku look simple, but its blunt sticks can be just as deadly as a razor-sharp blade.

What it is: An Eastern weapon made by joining two sticks together with a chain. It is very suited to free-form combo attacks. But watch out, as some enemies (including the first boss) have their own set and are just as skilled as you think you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

War Hammer
Remeber Cloud's (from Final Fantasy VII) big-ass sword? Well, it looks like he finally has some competition. Ryu has a number of big, oversized weapons that are just enormous, almost bordering on ridiculousness! But we like it that way. Bigger is better, right? Yeah, it's a bit slower to strike, but its incredible power more than makes up for any speed deficiencies.

A War Hammer said to have been made by medieval Vigoorians. It was primarily made for exterminating Fiends, but can destroy many other things as well such as walls, to unlock hidden rooms. To get a sense of how big this weapon is, it's actually bigger than Ryu himself! Wow. And to think that there is a sword this big, too…

Projectile Weapons
Projectile weapons are, obviously, ones that you can shoot and have long range. They are weaker in strength than the Primary Weapons but make up for it with either their speed or reach. Here are a few examples of the many Projectile Weapons available.

Shuriken
Simple, cross-shaped throwing stars; they are an indispensable part of every Ninja's arsenal. There are several different types of shurikens in the game, including the boomerang-like one from the old NES games. Sweet! The shurikens are good for throwing out a few weak but rapid hits at the enemies, and it looks cool to boot.

Don't expect to use these exclusively to fight battles, though. It will take a good combination of stars and blades to defeat the enemies.

Bow and Arrow
As a projectile weapon that makes no sound, the bow and arrow are of great use to the Ninja during their covert activities. When using the bow and arrow, players will be able to shift to a more-appropriate first-person view for better accuracy.

Several different arrows are available in the game and can be used to not only kill enemies, but shoot birds! Really! We say Itagaki kill one himself! Let's hope PETA doesn't mind too much.

Ninja Magic
The Ninja Magic spells look amazing and are just as deadly. Too bad they're still shrouded in mystery…for now.

So there's your exclusive glimpse into the weapons of Ninja Gaiden. Remember that there are plenty more that have yet to be unveiled, so keep your eyes peeled and your blades sharp. To see some exclusive shots of Ryu applying death strikes to enemies with these weapons, check the media page below. You won't be disappointed.

-- Kaiser Hwang
Media Page
Click here to see more images, movies, and audio files.

Ninja Scroll
12-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Sharky53
bumped back.... harsh. Oh well there is tons of good games out right now that i still have not played.

Like what!?!? :eek:
Halo2 aint coming, neither is Rallisport2!
What killer apps goes Xbox have coming in December dat are eXclusive?

Originally posted by silvertrace

Dont hate, appreciate da Role Model Of Champions. :wink:

mattgame
12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
I hope this is the case. I am getting a little frustrated about all of these delays.

Brnthngs
12-04-2003, 11:53 AM
I'd much rather have the game delayed, than have some major flaws in it. Let them take as much time as they need. I'm not going anywhere.

AlphaCigara
12-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Even more bad news, Dead or Alive Online has also been delayed... here's the source http://gamesource.yahoo.com/article?aid=3951

Delay for Ninja Gaiden and DoA Online?
By James Brightman of Gamerfeed
Published 12:20 PM PST November 28, 2003

Eager gamers expecting two of Tecmo's highly anticipated Xbox titles may have to wait until 2004 (Update: more evidence)...

UPDATE: Since posting this story, we received e-mail from both GameStop and Game Crazy. One GameStop manager claims that Ninja Gaiden's release has been pushed from 12/16 to 2/11, while Game Crazy is now saying that the new date is 2/10 and that the retail chain has already begun making changes to reflect this, such as taking down pre-release items. Obviously this is still not official word from Tecmo, but it seems doubtful that Ninja Gaiden will make it out this year.

Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden, it could be argued, is the most anticipated Xbox title this holiday season. The videos shown for the game have had Xbox fans salivating all over their keyboards. Almost as enticing is Tecmo's first online fighting game, Dead or Alive Online. Capcom Vs. SNK was plenty fun, but many gamers desire to play a 3D fighter online. DoA Online should fit the bill nicely. Unfortunately, neither game is likely to be released this year.

When we contacted a Tecmo representative about the possibility of getting some preview builds for both games, we were given the following answer:

"We still haven't received copies of either game to send out...

We don't expect Ninja Gaiden until early December and DoA Online until sometime early next year....they are still a ways away...the previews you've seen so far have been conducted during TGS and editors visiting Japan.

Sorry, but the wait will still be a little bit longer."

While this isn't an official announcement from Tecmo, it certainly would seem to indicate that neither title will ship as originally scheduled. Ninja Gaiden is supposed to launch mid-December and DoA Online in mid-January. As long as the extra time is used to polish both titles, gamers should have little to complain about. There are too many great games to purchase this season as it is.

monster1234
12-04-2003, 02:29 PM
I just don't pay attention to release dates anymore.

Gosby
12-04-2003, 02:47 PM
I hope they take their time with this game and make it great.

mattgame
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
You know what, I hear what everyone is saying but why then even have a release date? Why leave 5 dollars for a pre order when it will just get pushed back? I think it's poor scheduling and management. I guarantee everyone that Halo 2 will not be ready until 2005. I am leaving right now to get my money back for all of these pre orders. Bye. :mad: