PDA

View Full Version : Halo tied to DC shootings. No Joke

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 04:10 PM
i just saw on tv coverage of the DC sniper trial where they alledgedly claim that john muhammed "trained" the younger kid (i forget his name offhand) in basic sniper skills by playing halo.

i heard that and about fell off my chair. im still looking for an official link that quotes this, but i heard it earlier today. all i have to say is that i guess its not all that surprising that video games would be blamed in any crime involving shooting nowadays. but even if this is true, its ridiculous. learning how to snipe by playing halo is equivalent to me being an airline pilot after playing a few rounds of crimson skies. completely ridiculous.

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 04:18 PM
i looked up a couple links and realized this might be old news, but for those of you who havent seen it

http://www.fradical.com/Sniper_trained_on_video_game.htm

Ford Mustang
12-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by JDJDJD
but even if this is true, its ridiculous. learning how to snipe by playing halo is equivalent to me being an airline pilot after playing a few rounds of crimson skies. completely ridiculous.

I could not agree with you more. This kind of stuff pisses me off so much. :cuss: That's like saying since I played Age of Empires I was compelled to ride around on a horse and hack people with a sword...:rolleyes: People these days. In my country, I'd have just shot those to *******s and moved on, or hung them upside down in a public square, but that's just me.

Trento52
12-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Isn't there sniping in awhole lot of other games. Like GTA you beat people to a pulp and run them over and shoot everything. Why do they always blame videogames. Hasn't halo been blamed like this alot of times before? Plus you are shooting aliens not real people and there isn't any gore and the blood is like neon. I only played a demo but come on.

JDJDJD
12-03-2003, 05:23 PM
i dont think it has anything to do with whether or not you are shooting aliens with neon blood or people. its the concept behind the game or part of the game the people blame.

ShadowWolf
12-03-2003, 06:07 PM
It's people like those one's that screw it all up for the rest of us. I mean, I think we all know using a joystick isn't the same as holding a gun. God America has the dumbest people in the world :rolleyes:

CRAYMAN
12-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Here's the guy's email that wrote the article that suggested Microsoft should be sued for making HALO.

jackthompson@attbi.com

I've a good mind to send him an email.;)

xbox genius
12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
yeah this stuff pisses me off too... video games dont make you wanna go out and shoot people... but thats messed up when they said they trained by playing Halo... umm i mean theres lots of many violent games out there that has more sniping..........

DarkMatter
12-03-2003, 08:02 PM
I don't see how people could even say that. I mean, I'm no gun expert but I know the way a Sniper shoots in Halo is WAY different then real life.

Same with Driving games. I'm suprised car accedents aren't blammed on games yet:rolleyes:

MikeMan91389
12-03-2003, 08:06 PM
HAHA.. thats soo retarded... I learned how to play on the PGA tour, and the MLB last month... Im better than Randy Johnson, and can own Tiger on the golf course.... Thanks to Links and WSB :)

Gosby
12-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Thats the stupidist thing ive heard in a very long time.

skorp
12-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Another Ding-dong blaming video games for their own actions...

:mad:

ShaDovV RyDer
12-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
Here's the guy's email that wrote the article that suggested Microsoft should be sued for making HALO.

jackthompson@attbi.com

I've a good mind to send him an email.;)

:rofl: thats great...i think i might e-mail him too...neways they cant sue MS and if they did thats not right...i eman c'mon if neone(and im not sayin they should) but they would have to sue Bungie cause they r the ones makin the game...neways i think this whole thing is a big lie and the guys who came up with it should be sued

JK

dd deeznuts
12-03-2003, 09:08 PM
i cant believe that guy he doent even have his facts straight like most anti game morons. we should constanty e-mail him and tell him what we think about him. i bet you anything he never played halo. a lot of crooks like him try to establish political careers scapgoating stuff whether it movies games or what ever. he is the one that should be sued. people are going to read that and since never playing the game there going to believe it. people like jack thompson are ruining america. i think they need to blame the snipers and not a video game

BunnyRabbit
12-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
i cant believe that guy he doent even have his facts straight like most anti game morons. we should constanty e-mail him and tell him what we think about him. i bet you anything he never played halo. a lot of crooks like him try to establish political careers scapgoating stuff whether it movies games or what ever. he is the one that should be sued. people are going to read that and since never playing the game there going to believe it. people like jack thompson are ruining america. i think they need to blame the snipers and not a video game

I think its all games fault...Halo should be sued! I know what hes going through...One time I played Finding Nemo and it made me wanna swim...I mean its obvious games are to blame...

Yeah right, these guys are F King stupid and should be sued for writing stuff like this.. Is it not libel?!

DIEEEEEEE !!!!!

Besides none of tthose people looked like Master Chief that he shot and hes a pretty *** camper n00b as well if he got it from Halo.

Im sorry, maybe thats nt funny to some...But lets chill :cheers:

dd deeznuts
12-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

I think its all games fault...Halo should be sued! I know what hes going through...One time I played Finding Nemo and it made me wanna swim...I mean its obvious games are to blame...

Yeah right, these guys are F King stupid and should be sued for writing stuff like this.. Is it not libel?!

DIEEEEEEE !!!!!

Besides none of tthose people looked like Master Chief that he shot and hes a pretty *** camper n00b as well if he got it from Halo.

Im sorry, maybe thats nt funny to some...But lets chill :cheers: haha thats funny man :D :cheers:

Brnthngs
12-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Ok so if playing halo makes me a sniper, I am quite a qualified person. According to my video-game resume, I am the following...

A capable tank driver
helecopter pilot
pro skater, surfer, and bmx biker
sniper
surfer
rogue warrior
mage
warlock
rambo
racecar driver
vampire
some form of priest
Doctor (Dr. Mario)
and other obligitory things.

I could have written a much longer list, but thats the point. Playing a video game makes me a better person at playing more video games, little else. I'm not going to play a war game and expect myself to survive in the army. Thats just stupid.

monster1234
12-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Actually, I can't see this helping with the actual training of a real weapon anyway.

MikeMan91389
12-04-2003, 04:12 PM
WEll.. Im qualified as:

Navy Seal
The Rebel Forces
Sam Fisher
A Major League Baseball Player
A football player
A bball player
I can beat tiger woods
Race a racecar
Fish on ESPN
Pro Snowboarder

Thats just a few :)

Jaclyn154
12-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

DIEEEEEEE !!!!!

Im sorry, maybe thats nt funny to some...But lets chill :cheers:

Ha ha. Funny stuff. I know what you mean. I was playing Sega GT 2002, and I wanted to drive a car. It is always the games fault. Yah, we are that damned money hungry, that we decied to sue the makers of games. Genius.:eek:

Jaclyn154
12-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Brnthngs
Ok so if playing halo makes me a sniper, I am quite a qualified person. According to my video-game resume, I am the following...

A capable tank driver
helecopter pilot
sniper
surfer
rogue warrior
mage
warlock
rambo
racecar driver
vampire
some form of priest
Doctor (Dr. Mario)

I could have written a much longer list, but thats the point. Playing a video game makes me a better person at playing more video games, little else. I'm not going to play a war game and expect myself to survive in the army. Thats just stupid.

Rock on! I could not agree with you more! Bravo! Excellently said. I back you up all the way Brnthngs!!!:D :cheers:

morrowindGOD
12-04-2003, 08:00 PM
I'm suprised car accedents aren't blammed on games yet

i so AGREE with this quote!

DocHoliday78
12-04-2003, 08:08 PM
This is such a load of bull****. When will people be taken responsible for their actions. God what morons:cuss:

Peepers
12-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
WEll.. Im qualified as:

Navy Seal
The Rebel Forces
Sam Fisher
A Major League Baseball Player
A football player
A bball player
I can beat tiger woods
Race a racecar
Fish on ESPN
Pro Snowboarder

Thats just a few :)

I suppose Civilization III is repsonsible bor North Korea's nuclear program...

Hitman101
12-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Ok.............I could understand GTA being blamed for its realism and gore but come on people !!! HALO INVOLVES NO HARSH REALISM OR GORE !!!

Donnie_B
12-05-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Brnthngs

A capable tank driver
helecopter pilot
sniper
surfer
rogue warrior
mage
warlock
rambo
racecar driver
vampire
some form of priest
Doctor (Dr. Mario)

I just realized that I am a Jedi KNight and you will all do my bidding (mind trick). :eek:

Think about how "unedubacated' you would have to be, to not be able to seperate your real life from a video game. People do not give gamers like us any kind of a chance in life. Its sad. The few whack jobs out there ruin it for us.

Oh I gotta go NASA needs me. Top secret mission to Mars. Hush hush.

Brasco

George89
12-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Violence blamed on another game besides GTA! Though blaming it on Halo isnt good.