PDA

View Full Version : Halo thoughts after completing the game, SPOILERS to those who didn't yet

Slash10
12-31-2001, 12:36 PM
SPOILERS TO GAME IF YOU DID NOT COMPLETE IT AND YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED, AND I THINK BEING SURPRISED IS THE BEST WAY TO GO. READ ON IF U DARE

OK, after beating Halo, i was relieved to have finally beaten it. It was a tough game but I did it. On Normal of course, now im going onto legendary but anyhow, what does everyone think of that robot thing surviving. The one that helped u but then turned on you. Is this a hint at Halo 1.5 or a whole new sequel. I hope a new sequel, that would be the greatest.
The Flood was a great twist in the game. They sucked if u didnt have a shot gun but the job got done, the ****ers wouldnt stay down with an assault rifle. One of my favorite parts of the game though was the last level where u drive the Warthog. Running guys over as they try to escape was funny. The best ending to a game ever though followed this when u had to get out of the Warthog though. Your running to the ship, everythings shaking, shots are wizzzing by or hitting u, it seems to be going in slow motion as u reach it and your on. What a rush. Thats one of my favorite endings to game ever. So im wondering what everyone else thinks about the ending and the sequel possibilities.

monkeyman
12-31-2001, 01:18 PM
it would be great if you see his face but you probably will see it in the last game of halo

Gdiguy
12-31-2001, 05:22 PM
well... there is a second ending if you beat it on legendary... could that be it? :)

JADE8704
12-31-2001, 08:10 PM
i would have liked it if the ending were alittle bit longer...passing the game on legendary took about 50+ hours to complete...and then you only get 15 sec worth of footage...

also, i hope they come out w/ halo 1.5.....new vehicles, more weapons, 25 multiplayer maps, real online play, new characters...man, bungie left out alot...oh well

Brian
12-31-2001, 08:24 PM
It was cool when you're at the last level and you're driving the Warthog, and you are about to be rescued by your team. Then all of a sudden they come crashing down right below you with 2 banshees on each side, pretty cool effects.:cool:

Frostberg
12-31-2001, 09:01 PM
Yeah Jade im with you on there..I mean only TWO multiplayer maps that support vehicles! And how about adding the Banshee to some multiplayer maps...jeez we need a LOT more maps! Just an add on disc with more maps alone would satisity me...but more weapons and vehicles wouldnt hurt! How about a few add on levels as well, maybe you can play as Captian Keys, like before he gets captured or if he never did and there could be an alternate ending or something...just more everything!

LynxFX
12-31-2001, 11:20 PM
This game has alot of potential for spin offs or alternate versions like Half Life. Play as the aliens, or do the whole thing from the captain's point of view. It would be a blast and who wouldn't want to be an elite with a sword? :D

dysrhythmia
01-01-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by JADE8704
i would have liked it if the ending were alittle bit longer...passing the game on legendary took about 50+ hours to complete...and then you only get 15 sec worth of footage...

also, i hope they come out w/ halo 1.5.....new vehicles, more weapons, 25 multiplayer maps, real online play, new characters...man, bungie left out alot...oh well

Bungie left out a lot?!

JADE8704
01-01-2002, 02:13 AM
yeah...ever wonder why there was no "covenant sniper rifle" or "the flamethrower" or the "machette"....alot of weapons and vehicles and multiplayer maps were left out of the final version because they wanted to release the game by the release date of the xbox...they left out 2 levels, 25 multiplayer maps, some weapons, some vehicles, and online capabilities....so yeah, bungie did leave out alot

Sodacider
01-01-2002, 02:59 PM
best ending i've ever seen. Alot WAS left out, but think about a couple things first... If you have the shotgun, why put in a flamethrower? If you can punch and get a one-hit KO, why put in the machete?

BTW, that isn't a Covenant sniper rifle you saw in those pictures, what your seeing is still in the game. It's a powered-down plasma sword.

Weapons wise, that all makes sense. Alot of the game was cut back, though, because of the time issue. Things had to fall together quickly so it could be a release game for Xbox. Unfortunately that means no Banshee multiplayerand the Two Betrayals and Keyes levels are not near finished (Keyes wasn't supposed to be back inside that ship- a rehash of level 3- and the two betrayals is level 5 repeated... plus, where's the second betrayal?).

Halo 1.5 is nothing more than heresay as far as I can see. Some guy included that in a joke page on IGN, I doubt it's based on reality. If someone can prove me wrong, please do.