PDA

View Full Version : PRE-ORDER!

XBOX_2XTREME
07-07-2001, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone I need to know where you put in your pre-orders because I need to pre-order my Xbox system!

seth78
07-07-2001, 09:22 PM
You should talk to your local game retailers and see how long their list of pre orders is and how many systems they expect to get on or before launch. Then pick the one with the shortest list and put down your order, just make sure that you have yours paid in full before launch. It's fine to pay the rest the day of launch but I was at a game store the day after the PS2 launch and the clerk told some customers that although they had paid half of the money the store gave their first systems to the guys that had paid in full. So, the sooner the better.

Shoot I still gotta do my pre order.

EIGamerzX
07-07-2001, 09:33 PM
Dammit! I'm on the un-official list at EB does anyone know when are they going to be taking pre-orders officialy? Also you can pre-order from places like babbages funcoland and toy's r'us and probably many other places, but I think that alot of stores are holding out on pre-orders till later (september) ,*maybe I should get a job so i'll actually have enough money by then*

seth78
07-07-2001, 10:03 PM
Eric, I have the perfect solution for both of us. We both need jobs right?? so if we both get jobs with EB then that's a 99% guarantee that we can get our XBOX's. Wouldn't even have to deal with dodging the crowds to protect our babies since I'm sure we could take ours home before launch. I'm applying Monday. tee hee.

*dreaming of Helena*

dances with broom sticks
07-07-2001, 11:13 PM
thats not a bad plan... i might apply there too.. i can quite stupid buger king! (i got it for the xbox)!

is toys'r'us doin preorders now?

seth78
07-08-2001, 12:11 AM
burger king

Mmmmmm Yum. Definitely want to work somewhere that will have a pre-order list. Places like target, walmart and such will have the systems but they do that crazy stuff of first come, first serve.

dances with broom sticks
07-08-2001, 09:42 AM
yea bugerking isnt a bad place to work.... espeacially since we r open on holidays (which means time and a half for me!) plus i get a 50% discount

Lioness
07-08-2001, 11:27 AM
Blah;I'm gonna have to pray that I can get an X-Box for Christmas,but I doubt there will be any left...If that's the case,then I'll just buy some launch games I like 'till the next shipment of consoles come.That way I'll be all set to play!:)

XBOX_2XTREME
07-08-2001, 11:44 AM
I can't get a job cuz I'm only 13 but I alread know I am getting the Xbox and some games for good grades! You also haven't told me what to do for the pre-order, cuz i already called most of the local gaming stores and they say that they aren't doing pre-orders yet or, like Software Etc., they aren't doing the pre-orders anymore.

seth78
07-08-2001, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by XBOX_2XTREME
You also haven't told me what to do for the pre-order, cuz i already called most of the local gaming stores and they say that they aren't doing pre-orders yet or, like Software Etc., they aren't doing the pre-orders anymore.

Did you read my post about pre-orders? If no one is doing them yet then check back with your local game retailers about once a week, I'm sure they get hundreds of calls a day asking the same questions so more than a call a week is really too much. Unless your retailer says "yes we will start possibly later this week" then that is fine to call back.

XBOX_2XTREME
07-08-2001, 01:40 PM
Oh ok thanks a lot!

dances with broom sticks
07-08-2001, 02:28 PM
most, or all places i talked to said they arent starting preorders yet. but if i wanna give them the money the will put mr on a list and i can be the first to pre order.

seth78
07-08-2001, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
most, or all places i talked to said they arent starting preorders yet. but if i wanna give them the money the will put mr on a list and i can be the first to pre order.

hmm...what's the difference in that and a pre order then? I mean if you are giving your money to them, that's a pre-order but if an EB rep says "well we're not taking pre-orders yet but if you want you can give me the 300 and we'll put you on the list." I mean that is the epidemy of pre-order, like a dance club. "I see you're on THE LIST so you get special treatment over those not on the list"

Retailers can be so freakin' weird sometimes. Just make sure you give your money to a manager and get a receipt. You never know when some assclown employee may just pocket the money and deny you paid when you come for your XBOX on launch day.

CodeScribe
07-08-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by seth78
assclown

ROFL That's a new one. :D

seth78
07-08-2001, 06:33 PM
you've never heard of that CodeScribe?

Hmm...
:)

danny
07-08-2001, 10:12 PM
I for one like most of you here feel like I must be one of the first to purchase an xbox. For that matter I've been harrasing the hell out of my local gamestop. I really don't want to be a bother, but I have to get my name on that reservation list. The longer they wait to start to take reservations, the more I'm tempted by gamecube. True, Nintendo does not target an older audience, but it's still a good system and 100 bones cheaper. Some plz drop me a line as soon as these stores start taking reservations. Late!

Danny

Dr_J
07-08-2001, 10:41 PM
I want to get mine a Best Buy. They don't have a waiting list so I'll be camping outside launch day morning. I'll run straight to where the XBox is going to be....pick up about 5 of them and then calmly search for the games I want.

seth78
07-08-2001, 11:47 PM
Best Buy? EEK!!!

No thanks, I'm getting mine probably at EB, if not there then GameStop. Since I'm pre-ordering mine I may get it the day before release, they do that sometimes, or may wait the day after launch. Last thing I want is to pay $350 not including tax for the box and DOA3 and then have some stupid ass steal it from me as I walk back to my car. There are some real idiots out there. Of course if I get a job at EB like I may on Monday then I can take my xbox home the day before launch since I'M SURE I will be working that night and the next day. That would be pretty cool though.

dances with broom sticks
07-09-2001, 11:00 AM
the difference between the unoffical list and pre order list is that the y dont know how many systems they are gettin. if u pay on the unofical list they may not get enough systems and u r just fresh out of luck. on the preorder they know how many they r getting and if u pre order u automatically get it!

and do they actually possibly give out the pre ordered ones a day in advance?

the reason i want my system on launch is so i can be the first on my block with it and get it before everyone in japan! hehehe!

seth78
07-09-2001, 11:37 AM
First on my block *thinking*

One of the first million (close enough figures) to be playing the most advanced console in history. I do like the sound of that.

Spades
07-09-2001, 12:08 PM
software etc. has pre-orders

dances with broom sticks
07-09-2001, 04:13 PM
yea it doesnt really matter to me what places u guys say r doing pre orders... i live in canada and there are a small handfull of places that u talk about here... i have an eb, toys'r'us, and some smaller places... i really dont have much choice in where i get mine

seth78
07-09-2001, 05:42 PM
An XBOX is an XBOX so it really doesn't matter who you buy it from, either way MS is gonna get their money. If what I have read is true and there definitely could be a shortage in them then I'll test my luck at Circuit City or Best Buy but I'm definitely bringing back up if it comes to that, no SOB is getting my black box. :)

xboxlover
07-14-2001, 03:45 PM
I come from the uk so I don't know when I will be able to pre-order my xbox and for how much could u guys help me out

Aaron
07-19-2001, 03:09 AM
im sorry.

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 11:56 AM
i feel bad for people outside of north america.. gotta wait sooo long...

Aaron
07-19-2001, 07:22 PM
i feel sorry for nematodes.