PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Deus Ex 2 mini reviews here! Please!

Xelcier
12-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Give us your reviews of Deus Ex 2 for Xbox. I havent decided on PC or Xbox version. What HDTV res does it support and also hows the graphics and gameplay?

Anything in the box options like live content checked?

hehe.

thrAsher
12-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Xelcier
Give us your reviews of Deus Ex 2 for Xbox. I havent decided on PC or Xbox version. What HDTV res does it support and also hows the graphics and gameplay?

Anything in the box options like live content checked?

hehe. I played for about 4 hours last night, and have to say I'm impressed. While the graphics didn't knock me out or anything, the world of the game absolutely did. From the get-go you are stuck in a situation where you don't know who is looking out for you, who is manipulating who and so on.

You can pick up, push, and operate just about everything you can target. Turn on sinks, flush toilets - heck, in the first 20 minutes I was able to play a little hoop, although I couldn't make a single shot. :p

Biomods are very cool and it was hard for me to pick what type of character I wanted to be, as biomods determine whether you are stealthy, beefy, or a mixture. I was frustrated w/ the HUD, but after an hour or so I finally took a minute to find the transparency setting for it, and Oila!

The sound in the game is great. All kinds of background stuff going on - conversations being the best. I'm 1/100th of the way through the game, and have already encountered some hilarious discussions. Missions are so easy to come by, and so varied from the get go, that it can be a little daunting. Weapons are all very different, but very interesting. Here, again, you will find it difficult to decide what you want to take w/ you, as you can only hold X number of items in your inventory (until you get the strength biomod).

Well, I kinda rambled on there, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Really intriguing, fun game so far. Great freedom to do exactly as you desire, and an interesting blend of FPS and RPG.

*edit* No DL content, I believe, and I'm not sure what resolutions/HDTV it supports.

DarkMatter
12-05-2003, 06:26 PM
I have played it Non stop. It is very good.

At first it may seam cluttered and the controls won't be great, but after you get out of the first area, you will be fine. You can do the one main quest type of thing and then move right along. Or you can do what I did and do every single quest out there before you advace.

The Biomods are so cool. I got it so I can hack into all the ATMs, Security, drons, cameras, turrets. It's so cool!

I'm in a hurry to play more so I will leave it at that.

So far, 9.3/10