PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a GREAT rental.

Salmonaitor
12-04-2003, 12:11 PM
My wife is going out tomorrow night, and after I get the kids to bed, I plan on sitting down with a nice cold one and playing Xbox 'till my eyes won't stay open any longer. I'm looking for a game that's easy to get into and quick to pick-up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SnoochyBoochy
12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
the first game that came to mind for me is tony hawk's underground

thrAsher
12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
If your a Simpson's fan, check out Hit and Run. It's like GTA or Vice City, only w/ the Simpson's characters. All the voices are done by the cast, and it's a hoot to play, although maybe not worth full purchase price. I played a couple hours the other night (thanks Gamefly) and had a blast.

Salmonaitor
12-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Do you shmuck people? Is it violent? I've had a bit of a tough week here at work and I'm looking to work out a little bit of pent up anger and frustration.

thrAsher
12-04-2003, 01:16 PM
'Shmuck' 'em? Dunno about that, but you can run over anybody/thing and eventually the cops will come get you. Not very easy to ditch 'em, though. I never got to a point that I had a gun or anything, but you can kick people around and that sorta thing.

I had a lot of fun playing, though. If you're not a fan of the Simpson's, I'd pass. Otherwise, it's a nice diversion and a funny one at that.

Variation-XBA
12-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Prince Of Persia :)

Gosby
12-04-2003, 01:58 PM
pgr2 wont let you down.

monster1234
12-04-2003, 02:18 PM
RAW 2 is good for just a one or two night rental.

Salmonaitor
12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
I think I'm gonna go with The Simpsons one. It sounds light and fun and easy to get into. Reminds me a lot of the girls I dated in high school. Aaahhh highschool...those were the days.

thrAsher
12-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
I think I'm gonna go with The Simpsons one. It sounds light and fun and easy to get into. Reminds me a lot of the girls I dated in high school. Aaahhh highschool...those were the days.

:rofl: Ahhh, yes, the good old lays .... errr ... days! Hehehe.

Now, if you hate H&R, remember, I only played about an hour and a half. If you feel torn at the rental store, Prince of Persia is also a fantastic game as Variation said, and could be beat in a rental period, I'm sure.

Any which way, enjoy your game night, Salmonaitor!
:cheers:

Salmonaitor
12-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks man! I'm not really sure I'd like Prince of Persia, and besides, I'm a huge Simpsons Fan. Heck, I only just finished campaining with Halo. I'd really rather play those type of games in multiplayer and forget campaining altogether, but I really couldn't call myself a Halo fan if I didn't finish it, could I. When I play alone, I usually play Driving Games or sports games.