PDA

View Full Version : Good website for Azurik Hints !!!

Shadow20002
12-31-2001, 04:23 PM
In this page you can find everything. ( include walkthroughts )

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=32765

VAN
12-31-2001, 05:34 PM
Theres really only one Azurik hint that anyone needs.

Azurik hint: When perusing the games at certain software stores, remove all copies of Azurik (must be done crarefully so as not to be discovered by the employees--especially challenging at Wal-Mart since a case key is required) and hide them behind popular titles such as Halo, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, and Amped.

If you perform this trick flawlessly, you can be assured that none of your gamer bretheren shall make the horrible mistake of purchasing Azurik: Rise of Perathia.

I don't think I ever got around to posting my review of the game, but I'll take a moment here to giive all concerned parties my 2 cents worth.

Azurik is to the Xbox, what Deadly Towers was to the NES---a huge disappointment.

Perhaps it fell victim to its own pre-release over-hype, or perhaps I am just a nitwit who doesn't know a great game when he plays one--though I tend to lean towards the former.

Horrendous camera work, combined with textures that look like painted contact paper placed haphazardly onto square blocks, combined with unclear gameplay objectives and an extremely sketchy control scheme all add up to one huge disappointment.

I am not the type to play a game for a couple hours and make early judgments. I played Azurik for 6 hours straight after I bought it, and each hour was more tedious than the last. The random save points are placed with no logical pattern whatsoever, so there are times when you would play for a loooooong time before coming upon a save point. Very frustrating having to replay the same area multiple times just to find a place to save and finally quit.

I imagine this degree of difficulty is why one of the Azurik developers "leaked" the save code and invincibility code only days after the games launch.

Azurik is one of those few games that once I quit playing (even after a short period of time) I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to ever place the disc back into the console.

My personal opinion is that the game is poorly designed in all aspects, and would only be worth the $49.99 street price if it were to be packaged with a free copy of Halo.

Again, just one VAN's opinion.