PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 6 3 Problems

BinaryXtreme
12-04-2003, 04:12 PM
The more I play Rainbow 6 3 the more I realize how bad this game is flawed. I love playing it but a few times I had a team member continue to walk into a wall and get stuck doing it, there is absolutely no way of correcting this. Today, my team threw a frag grenade and killed 2 other members and no, this was not on Live. The team can act just stupid. You can walk into a room and there are terrorists in clear site and duh, they just sit there. When you play on Live the delays are rediculous. You can unload a dozen rounds on another player standing right in front of you and nothing, but, a single pop from them, YOU'RE DEAD!!! I EVEN CHECKED MY CONNECTION SPEEDS AND ACCORDING TO DSL REPORTS I HAVE ONE OF THE FASTEST NET SPEEDS IN THE US. I find speaking clearly for team voice commands is sometimes unrecognized no matter how clear you speak into the headset. Anyone else have issues like these?

Whoopage
12-04-2003, 04:43 PM
No.

JJaX
12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
When you play on a server that doesnt have a fast enough upload, you get that type of lag. It has nothing to do with your connection.

Try joining a dedicated ubi server.

And No, ive never had these issues.

monster1234
12-04-2003, 05:09 PM
X-play had the same problem with players getting stuck. That just plain sux.

BinaryXtreme
12-04-2003, 05:18 PM
I think the players getting stuck most bothers me. I was talking with a guy on line and he gave up on the game because of the problems, but it doesn't affect me that bad yet. I just encountered yet another problem. I actually got stuck behind an oil can in the lower portion of the Oil Refinery level and there was no way to get out. It's such a great game but the flaws are beginning to mount and it just pisses me off. I love Xplay because they really talk about these issues no matter what the hype not afraid to piss anyone off. They were the 1st ones to report all of the issues with Ghost Recon. Well, I'll keep at it.

ShaDovV RyDer
12-04-2003, 05:22 PM
lol...u ought to be the official problem teller perosn of XBA...hehe can we like dub ppl that???

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 05:27 PM
First i like to say that RS3 has some Intense levels. and yes i incountered some stupid actions, For instance i threw a grenade in a room and my teammate yelled GRENADE!and jumped on it killing himself and my reputation. You can't make this sh-it up.

crucialcreation
12-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
I think the players getting stuck most bothers me. I was talking with a guy on line and he gave up on the game because of the problems, but it doesn't affect me that bad yet. I just encountered yet another problem. I actually got stuck behind an oil can in the lower portion of the Oil Refinery level and there was no way to get out. It's such a great game but the flaws are beginning to mount and it just pisses me off. I love Xplay because they really talk about these issues no matter what the hype not afraid to piss anyone off. They were the 1st ones to report all of the issues with Ghost Recon. Well, I'll keep at it.

im thinking of getting it, do u still recommend it even with all these problems?

and what problems with ghost recon? i didn't encounter any...

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by crucialcreation

im thinking of getting it, do u still recommend it even with all these problems?

If you ask me I'll say absolutely, nothing out there comes close to this action for single player.

BinaryXtreme
12-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Yeah, it's a great game but like I said, it's flawed quite a bit. The problems with Ghost Recon were mostly with the dithering and other graphics flaws. For instance, there are certain places in Ghost Recon that you can stand and literally not be seen. No, not in a bush or behind something, right out in the open, also the delays when you shoot only to see the bullet pass thru the opponent and see it hit the background without hitting your opponent. I can't remember what else Xplay had on it but it was quite a bit. Highly recommended game but for me, I much preferr the play on Castle Wolfenstein but again, it has some pretty good flaws.

BinaryXtreme
12-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ShaDovV RyDer
lol...u ought to be the official problem teller perosn of XBA...hehe can we like dub ppl that???

That's why these forums exist. To talk of problems, pros and cons of games etc. Can't understand your post at all.

CRAYMAN
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by crucialcreation

EXACTLY!
I've had none of these problems and I've logged quite a few hours on R63.
If there is an INSTANCE of a problem, it shouldn't "piss" you off.:eek:

Some people just gotta *itch. :huh:

BinaryXtreme
12-04-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
First i like to say that RS3 has some Intense levels. and yes i incountered some stupid actions, For instance i through a grenade in a room and my teammate yelled GRENADE!and jumped on it killing himself and my reputation. You can't make this sh-it up.

Just ruins the moment, doesn't it?

BinaryXtreme
12-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

EXACTLY!

huh? Did you read the other post? I said it was a great game but had it's problems. Did you program this game? Damn this guy took this personally...

WillyV2
12-04-2003, 07:21 PM
problems or not i am getting it as well i really like the Rainbow Six games and this will be no exception for me... i have encountered flawes in other games, and they dont really bother me

Whoopage
12-04-2003, 07:23 PM
find me one game without flaws

Outlaw Ace
12-04-2003, 07:51 PM
The main problem that I have is that the talking to people on the internet works like crap for this game. I keep breaking up, no other xbox live game does this. Single Player voice commands work like a charm though. Does anyone know how can fix. I dont even know why it does this. I bet know one can find a cure.

crucialcreation
12-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

If you ask me I'll say absolutely, nothing out there comes close to this action for single player.

ok cool ill try and get my hands on that beaut. :D

Yeah, it's a great game but like I said, it's flawed quite a bit. The problems with Ghost Recon were mostly with the dithering and other graphics flaws. For instance, there are certain places in Ghost Recon that you can stand and literally not be seen. No, not in a bush or behind something, right out in the open, also the delays when you shoot only to see the bullet pass thru the opponent and see it hit the background without hitting your opponent. I can't remember what else Xplay had on it but it was quite a bit. Highly recommended game but for me, I much preferr the play on Castle Wolfenstein but again, it has some pretty good flaws.

yea i guess your right about ghost recon, i thought that was just my xbox but i guess its the game :watchout:

Ford Mustang
12-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

EXACTLY!

YOU, my friend, are the one who is *****ing. Answer the question and let it go.

And I haven't had any real problems with my RS3. There are some issues I have with the unrealistic stuff that is in this game, but I still think it's a good game. :cheers:

SmileBit
12-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw Ace
The main problem that I have is that the talking to people on the internet works like crap for this game. I keep breaking up, no other xbox live game does this. Single Player voice commands work like a charm though. Does anyone know how can fix. I dont even know why it does this. I bet know one can find a cure.

Try unplugging and plugging in your communicator again.

Try shutting off your XBOX. Unplugging and plugging your modem back in and then turning your XBox on.

Ive actually had that probelm for a little bit until i did that stuff.

Play me online you pansy!

LynxFX
12-05-2003, 06:09 AM
I've probably played through single player more times than anyone and I have yet to have any of my guys get stuck or do something stupid. There has been the occasion miss command where they won't do anything so I just reorder the command and they do it.

Maybe the problems could be do to poor leadership? :wink:

CarGuy
12-05-2003, 06:39 AM
On Team Survival alone i've played over 40 hours. I'm sure i've put over 75 hours in and not once, ever, have I encountered anything like you've described. So essentially what you're doing is complaining about lag. Welcome to online gaming. :rolleyes:

Caesar SYN
12-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Well I have played through this game several times and find errors just like in any of these game with regards to stupid AI. But its a different game and that you gotta realize.. do I have guys stuck on chairs and ****.. yes do they screw up when iexpect them to respond to my position... yes...

I ahve logged a lot of Single player time.. and it is still probably the best out there for close quarters urban combat. For online it is not my style a little too well out of control.. but its still fantastic just not my type of game play... BUT IT IS WORTH THE PURCHASE..

FuNkY mOnK
12-05-2003, 08:55 AM

Just ruins the moment, doesn't it?
I'll say, he tried that dumb sh-it again and i shot him before he could ruin the plan. He would have killed himself anyway.

RagunCajun
12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
I dont have any glitch problems with my game. Games will always have flaws. Looks past that cuz this is a great game. I play it on xbc and lag is never an issue even with 16 players. If your game has problems with voice commands, use the controler instead.

CRAYMAN
12-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang

YOU, my friend, are the one who is *****ing.

How do you figure? :cry:

BTW, I had a Mustang and it was the biggest waste of
$, what a lemon.
I should have known better than to waste $ on such an outdated piece of ****.

T-FiNGeR
12-05-2003, 05:36 PM
If you guys dont like the problems in RS3, then STOP playing the game and stfu! You have to remember that no game is perfect, no matter how good you think it is at first.... As good as RS3 is it MUST have some flaws! Even if you think that those problems suck, the game still overpasses every other game on xbox IMO.... so stop complaining about this game and go play it or if you dont wanna, then throw it out and STFU!

Reclaimer
12-06-2003, 10:57 AM
The bickering in this thread will stop now. If any of you guys... I'm only talking to a few.. that's you LynxFX (I'm kidding). Continue to bicker like little kids across here, I'm shutting down the thread and I'm going to throw a bunch of strikes.

One of you, I know who you are, and I'm not going to embarass you yet, has resorted to sending harassing emails to a member here. Both participants are in this thread. If I hear you did it again. YOU ARE OUT OF HERE. I know who you are.

OK.. carry on.

RagunCajun
12-06-2003, 11:45 AM
off topic: what program u used to make a sig reclaimer-xbc?

Reclaimer
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
off topic: what program u used to make a sig reclaimer-xbc?

I wish I was that talented. Alone in the Dark made the sig, and Papa Skoot put the flash in it.
Thanks guys.

WynnFire
12-06-2003, 08:11 PM
The only problem I've really had was in Island Estate when you get downstairs and past the first courtyard, I would go into the bathroom and send my buddies (offline) into the other door and somehow they always seem to throw a frag grenade into the bathroom whenever I'm there. My own teammates have killed me several times. That is why I go online and play with friendly fire off.

SPAWNFORGE.COM
12-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I've seen some nasty glitches, too. Every once-in-a-while, I'll be playing a game of Terrorist Hunt or Team Survival, and when I hit my thermals, the screen will go black and then display a very basic polygon map of the screen that the game froze on right before I get kicked all the way out to the start screen. Now THAT sucks! :cuss:

BinaryXtreme
12-08-2003, 06:41 PM
It's such a cool game but as you read thru the past posts, this game has some major problems. I love playing it but when a glitch hits in this game it seems to be a major one. For me, I've never come across a game with so many problems. Gotta say that even with its problems it is my favorite game to play currently.

SPAWNFORGE.COM
12-08-2003, 06:53 PM
I really miss the old school days when you didn't have to worry about things like that happening.

BinaryXtreme
12-09-2003, 01:15 PM
When keep having problems I turn off the BOX and play PacMan, Asteroids, Centipede, or DigDug on the pc. No problems there.

Ah, those were the days.......

Happy Gaming

mattgame
12-09-2003, 03:12 PM
I have had no problems with this game at all. Oh well to each his own.;)

CMX Jedi
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
i coughed in my mic and my teammate fraged me :mad: that S.O.B.

SPAWNFORGE.COM
12-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by dudeman48174
i coughed in my mic and my teammate fraged me :mad: that S.O.B. I don't think that counts as a game glitch.

FplcMan
12-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Has anyone had the problem with the voice when hosting on both a LAN and XBC?
When I host the LAN group and open it on XBC the LAN Group cannot hear the XBC group. The host can hear both groups. This is also the problem if you host as a server people on the LAN side cannot hear people on the XBC side.

Addsy
12-10-2003, 10:07 AM
nope whenever i go on XBC and host a game on r63 it is fine, i can hear everyone.

there have been 1 or 2 times when i cant hear anyone but thats just a one off.

FplcMan
12-10-2003, 01:29 PM
You can hear everyone but if you have players on a LAN they can not hear the people on XBC. I host with Players 4 xboxes and the 4 players can not hear the people that join from XBC. The XBC players also can not hear the LAN people.