PDA

View Full Version : Optical Sound

manchufu
12-31-2001, 05:32 PM
I have to say, I went out yesterday and bought a mid-line digital A/V reciver, so i could hook my xbox up with optical audio, and let me say, the difference is awesome. When i watch DVD's. it's like i'm sitting in a movie theater, and games are all that much more fun, with a more clean surround channel. I was just so happy my $200 wasn't to waste

ice
12-31-2001, 06:14 PM
I already had a DVD player, but it was coax. I have reciever that decodes DTS and has an optical connection for the DVD. So I decided to go ahead and get the dvd kit for the XBOX along with the hi-def connector. My tv has component video also.

Popped in the Shrek dvd last night and it sounded great!

One thing that I did not see till after I bought the XBOX is that it is DTS compatible... (you still need a reciever that decodes it)

The other thinks that make it great are the video modes... that is if you have (or when you get) a hi-def tv, you can get some really good video.

Something I noticed about using the component video, you'll need to brighten your screen a little. For some reason it makes the video darker... not too bad... the tv was set for 50%, bumping it to 75% and looks right.