PDA

View Full Version : Halo, Halo 2, and beyond...

X-Factor
12-31-2001, 05:50 PM
Some of you may already know this... But did you know that Microsoft purchased Bungie? So that means that you won't be seeing Halo, Halo 2, etc. on any other system. So Microsoft gets exclusive content from this amazing company as long as they are in the gaming business. I think Bungie just may be to Microsoft, what Rare is to Nintendo.

And one other thing. I would like to know some of your ideas for Halo 2. Idea's for weapons, levels, characters, storyline, mulitplayer, etc. Because this revolutionary FPS obviously is going anywhere. Halo will forever be mentioned among the ranks of Half-Life, Goldeneye 007, and Doom.

monkeyman
12-31-2001, 10:09 PM
i think you should be able to pick up armor and be able to get the hunters armor

LynxFX
12-31-2001, 11:27 PM
That is probably true of other consoles but Halo will still be coming to the PC sometime this year. At least I haven't heard any hardcore evidence that it has been canceled. But no GC or PS2 versions, that is for sure. :)

ShannonX
12-31-2001, 11:28 PM
really, you dont need the armor since most of the covenent use the same type of armor that you use, mainly, the sheilds. And we have bonus "shields" with overshield. But i would like to see some new weapons and maybe some new vehicles, thats what makes it so awesome. =)

now the hunters armor, that would be a good additional pick up =)

straygod
01-01-2002, 10:11 AM
I want the Plasma Swords that the Gold Elite are packin'. Hmmm, give me the Hunter's shield along with that, that'd be sweet. Add in the stealth suit of the Invisible Elite, and the gun that the TactOps Grunts carry, and that'd make me a real gaming god!!! Oh, wait a second, I already am a god.................

straygod
01-01-2002, 10:17 AM
HALO was originally going to be a PC game, but Microsoft bought Bungie. I am sooooooo happy to have it on X-Box, it's better than it would be on a PC, and I can't wait for the online multiplayer version so that us guys can start kicking each other's butts....... I really look forward to doing Iron Man team deathmatches with the Scorpion Tanks. Catch me at Microsoft's zone something, I hangout at the Mechwarrior 4 gamerooms. There I go by RIPxStraygod. If you own MW4, drop in and play me sometime........

shannon22
01-01-2002, 10:29 AM
more vehicals more weapons more everything
and oyea bots:D

Big Ben
01-01-2002, 01:17 PM
Since I waitred 3 and 1/2 years for Halo, there are so many things I expected of it that it didn't have. I was dissappointed in the plot. Don't get me wrong, for a shooter the plot is involved and well written, but I still think the game was too short and the story too complex in too short a time. So here's my Halo 2 wish list:

1) more levels (single and multi-player)
2) longer story (goes with #1)
3) More skins for your cyborg than just colors
4) Internet multi-player (not through gamespy)
5) Banshees in multi-player
6) Ability to destroy all vehicles (not just Covenant)
7) Co-op play on multi-ple Xboxes with more than 2 players

and finally...

8) My face on the cover the game... I'm so pretty... People will love me... I will make this game a top seller... who cares about gameplay or plot as long as a face as pretty as mine is on the cover...

-Big Ben

P.S. - I'm pretty, sooooo pretty.

X-Factor
01-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Halo is an amazing FPS. It is the soul reason I bought an Xbox. But Halo 2 is going to be so much better. Especially in the graphics deparment. I just can't wait for the next crop of Xbox titles. But I am most looking forward to another installment of Halo.

Here is my Halo 2 wishlist~

1. Longer game
2. Better story (More involving)
3. More levels (single/mulit-player)
4. More vehicles
5. More weapons (More variety)
6. More health pick-ups (More items to pick-up in general)
7. A cheat menu
8. No help from UNSC armed forces or the Marines in Campaign
(Only in mulit-player modes)
9. The game should be intitled~ Halo 2: Covenant Forces

I personally think that Halo 2 should be a one man army. A one man, bad-ass recking crew. Screw the UNSC armed forces, and the Marines. They always just get in your way. What ever happened to an army of one? I think for Halo 2, the Covenant Forces should have all UNSC armed forces, and Marines held hostage (imprisoned). And it's Master Chiefs job (objective) to rescue them.

Cottrau
01-01-2002, 04:31 PM
a cheat menu? you bastard.

I would like to see usage of the ship that MC is on :) they didnt use that ship AT ALL in the game. I don't even know what the hell it's called. It looks like a Giant duck. I would love to also see the usage of some kind of speedbike. Two major things that were never added due to time constraints or whatever were Covenant bases and blowing chunks out of walls and the ground and crap much like in the game Red Faction. That would be frikkin a... To infiltrade an established covy base, or assemble an army and orchestrate a full on frontal assault on a base like that would be awesome. As much as i loved that game (been looking forward to is forever) i think it would have been cool for it to have been a little less FPS... which i'm sure will be accomplished no doubt in the next series of Halo's (which you can bet there will be, seeing as how m$ has been quoted on saying how they 'want to build their games into franchises')

xbox own$ j00.

Sodacider
01-01-2002, 07:01 PM
For the record, would people stop saying it was originally for the PC?... It was first announced at Macworld Expo as a game for new generation Macintosh's... announced by Steve Jobs himself.

:) I hate Imacs and all other forms of the Mac, but serious, you can't keep posting that it was for PC originally.

WhiteWynter
01-01-2002, 07:08 PM
more enemies, more blood, variety of pistols and rifles, maybe .45 desert eagle or 9mm glock? some crazy ass sniper rifles mile zoom? alot more marine support/ alot more enemies. human planes. be tight to fly a f-18 or something shoot, basically i want a gigantic war-field type battle. **** it

Big Ben
01-01-2002, 08:30 PM
If you're going to get technical about it:

Macs are PCs.

PC stands for Personal Computer.

If we had been saying that Halo was for IBM compatibles originally, we'd be wrong, but we were saying that it was for PC, which, technically, includes all breeds of Macs.

In fact, the PC was originally used in reference to an Apple Computer, I believe, but don't quote me on that.

-Big Ben

Sodacider
01-01-2002, 11:20 PM
But if we're really going to get technical, we'd argue that the English language has changed in such a way over the last decade so that the standard person who reads 'PC' understands that as an IBM-compatible personal computer, generally running the Windows OS. If, in the English language, someone wanted to talk about a non-Windows OS they would refer to it by the OS- in this case, a MAC or LINUX or such. :D

The Terminator
01-02-2002, 12:50 AM
I'd like to see a Rail-gun, a chaingun or some other HMG, and some sort of human flying vehicle, and more vehicles (APCs, light tanks, heavy tanks, boats, jetpacks, whatever). I'd also definately want to see some bots.

If Halo was lacking in anything it was weapons, and bots. The covenant weapons get real old very fast, and the cool human guns just simply did not have enough ammo lying around for them to be extremely useful. I'd definately like to see more emphasis on human weapons in the next game, or at least much cooler alien weapons laying around.

Big Ben
01-02-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Sodacider
But if we're really going to get technical, we'd argue that the English language has changed in such a way over the last decade so that the standard person who reads 'PC' understands that as an IBM-compatible personal computer, generally running the Windows OS. If, in the English language, someone wanted to talk about a non-Windows OS they would refer to it by the OS- in this case, a MAC or LINUX or such. :D

Ah, but isn't Linux run on a PC? So wouldn't you also say you're running mac OS X on a PC? Therefore, the assumption is that you would refer to the computer as a Windows PC or a Mac PC, because I don't think Microsoft makes an OS called "PC."

-Big Ben

P.S. - Does this get old fast or what?

Sodacider
01-02-2002, 06:10 PM
I still think that when you say Mac you never say Mac PC and when you say PC everyone assumes you mean Windows. :D but that's just me.

monkeyman
01-02-2002, 06:28 PM
they should have a plasma rocket launcher also that would be fun

Big Ben
01-03-2002, 01:43 AM
me too, I'm just being technical (i.e. - an *sshole).

-Big Ben

StUmPy01
01-03-2002, 07:03 PM
i would like to see a 50 caliber armor piercing gun

bigguy316
01-03-2002, 11:13 PM
i read somewhere that there is talk on a halo movie. if this is true theni would believe that it there would be a series of halo games.

X-Factor
01-04-2002, 04:20 PM
I don't know about a movie, but I do know that the Halo series isn't going anywhere as far as games go. Microsoft bought Bungie, and MS knows that Halo is the best game on Xbox right now. Halo didn't just revolutionize FPS's, it evolved FPS's. Most transitions from games to movies are not successful, and I don't think they ever will be. But I do know this... expect to see a lot more of Halo in the future, and other new things from this amazing new developer.

shannon22
01-07-2002, 04:43 PM
but you guys have to remember that humans didnt go camping on halo they just left with basic supplies not an army so...if a huge army were there it wouldnt be realistic and that to me was what made the game fun:cool:

THX 1138
01-16-2002, 01:12 PM
I don't know how much more story the singleplayer game could take...it's not where the staying power of this game is. It's in the multiplayer...and that needs a couple of things:

More multiplayer levels...and a better menu for customizing them. It's difficult to figure out what weapons are associated with what map, and not possible to choose from a menu of weapons. You can pick rocket launchers or sniper rifles, but you can't choose pistols and rocket launchers or just needlers.

Bots...bots...bots. There are times when instead of the usual 12 people that show up at my house to play, there are only the three of us that live there. It would be great to practice with the three of us playing against three bots (see Perfect Dark for a great system). Simple ones for newbies, all the way up to Legendary for those that think their &*(@# don't stink.

Better stat dissemination. Kills and Deaths are great, but I'd like to see who killed me the most, who I killed the most, assists on flag scores (i have a habit of getting shot right at our base, and having a teammate score the flag)

And maybe dreaming a bit...but levels for multiplayer characters based on kill/death ratio, wins in multiplayer matches. Abilities could slightly improve based upon those things...higher jump, better aiming, faster running, etc. Nothing drastic, but sort of something that would reward a person's understanding of the game, and give a person a reason to try to stay alive smartly rather than continuously charge in, die, regenerate, etc., etc., etc.