PDA

View Full Version : Woody Woooooooo

Bakero
07-08-2001, 07:25 AM
I just want to say I was happy for the "Suddenly I Fear For the X-Box" post. 103 replies!? Now that’s a hot topic. I think that was a major breakthrough for this forum. It really was the first time everybody said what they really felt, a lot gave reasonable reasons why they felt the way they did. Not just simply saying, the Jagstations sucks, X-Box doesn’t' have a prayer cause Bill Gates sucks, or Nintendo is just child’s play. Although a lot still sticked to one-liners, which is all good. Part of the reason some of us join forums is to piss other people off, and one liners are the best way to do it. hehe your mama.

It was a nice interesting topic and one that the forum should be proud of. But I think it's time for us to let that one go and start new threads. Because were starting to be redundant.

oooh by the way PlayStation2 Rules!!!!! ;) WORD 2 YOUR MOTHER

dances with broom sticks
07-08-2001, 09:47 AM
yea playstation 2 is pretty good. i dont personally own it but i have played it. i heard it was the best system out yet. it is coming out with a good set of games this summer (finally) and i think will live up to the playstation name. but i dont think that just cause it is good means the xbox wont be. i tihnk all 3 will be good and will sell, just to different people.

seth78
07-08-2001, 11:14 AM
I do love the PS2, although I don't own one, not yet anyways. I think many people really don't give it enough credit. It truly does have some stellar games on it, yes it has M A N Y games that are really bad that were probably just rushed to get out so a "good" game could start being made. I have a DVD player already and DOA2 on my DC so the only reasons why I would have to buy a PS2 now is for GT3, FFX and MGS2. I don't think that it is worth 300 for just a handful of games when the XBOX will have most of the new games as the PS2 as they hit both systems. Not too many exclusives for PS2 so I will wait a while until an awesome game that I MUST get comes out and its price lowers at least to 200-250. Until then I will be playing my DOA3 on my XBOX.

Lioness
07-08-2001, 11:23 AM
Well,I don't exactly hate the PS2,but the only only game for it out now that remotely interests me is Twisted Metal:Black.

dances with broom sticks
07-08-2001, 02:20 PM
the ps2 just was on a slow start... do u remember any really good games for the psone at launch?ni think the ps2 will pick up and quite soon have an impressive library. of course so will the xbox! ;)

seth78
07-08-2001, 03:11 PM
I love the PS2. Don't have one yet but I'll probably get one after xbox. It really had a horrible launch lineup, well besides DOA2:hardcore and SSX, those games got me hooked on it. I hated the day that I took the PS2 back to Blockbuster when the rental period was up.

Now with DOA3 coming to the box and SSX Tricky plus Tony Hawk 3 coming as well I'm getting totally hooked on it. PS2 desperately needs some totally exclusive great titles besides GT3, otherwise it is pointless to buy a PS2 when XBOX will carry the same exact ones.

Devil May Cry
07-08-2001, 04:12 PM
Have you guys ever heard of a game called devil may cry, that looks pretty good, oh yeah and silent hill 2, oh yeah MGS2, and erm GT3. My conclusion is that Xbox=port machine. Sure they will have teh same games but the xbox will get them later than PS2 b/c most developers are focused on making games for PS2 then porting. Plus it takes a long time to port things from PS2 b/c its a really *****y system to work with. NIntendo = for little ***s who like to play star fox and pokemon. IN the end long live sega :D

EIGamerzX
07-08-2001, 04:43 PM
First of all there's lots of original games only for xbox especially since it's not even out yet, and once developers see how much cheaper and easier it is to make games for xbox, they'll just start to plain leave sony and go to xbox or gamecube,...........only time will tell.

seth78
07-08-2001, 05:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of Pokemon, ok the only Pokemon game I've ever played was Snap and that's only because of the camera idea, totally into photography. I definitely don't plan on buying any pokemon games once I get my cube, probably sometime late next year. Star Fox does look pretty fun though. Star Fox 64 was a total blast to play, especially the final scene!!! So when I first saw screens of it I was hooked on wanting it, now that I've seen some video of Fox in it I'm even more excited. But he's just gonna have to wait so I can take in as much DOA3, Halo and Jet Sprint MX as possible. Have you seen pics of that last one? It's a little bit different than WaveRace but it looks AWESOME.

Dr_J
07-08-2001, 10:37 PM
Only a complete moron would say the XBox is only a port machine. Obviously, you have done no research and you're an idiotic fanboy.

Go do your homework and get back to me. Then, we might have an intelligent conversation with you.

xboxlover
07-14-2001, 03:58 PM
I hate when people say xbox is just a port it has 99% original games and it will blow ps2 and gc out of the water.

dances with broom sticks
07-14-2001, 05:00 PM
people are just worried... they are afraid that the xbox will rock and they wasted their money on the ps2 so they say it is a port machine aNd put it down hoping that will make it fail... they somehow have the mistaken notion that what they think makes a difference in the world....

seth78
07-14-2001, 05:57 PM
I don't mind that XBOX will have that many ports anywayz. I mean I don't play computer games and since most fighting games start out at arcades, most fighters aren't even in the arcades around here, I don't play the games until they hit the consoles. So I could care less about ports because most of them are new to me.

xboxlover
07-15-2001, 03:33 AM
I don't think it really matters if the XBOX does port just as long while they port them don't give any money to ps2 or gc and as long as they are good I don't give a damn.

dances with broom sticks
07-15-2001, 03:32 PM
i hope the xbox does port alot! i know it will have origonal stuff to so im not worried. if it does port it will take the best games for the other systems, make them better and put them on xbox... isnt that a good thing? that will mean that people will think it is pointless to buy the other ones when it is on the xbox just better!

Aaron
07-19-2001, 03:01 AM
ah geez. this thread is rollin too high on its proverbial "dubs"

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 11:47 AM
y dont u close it? close all the threads that should be ended

Aaron
07-19-2001, 07:28 PM
Well i dun wanna.